Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Car Would You Prefer???

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

RobAMerc wrote: »
    could people who said they'd pick the mini if it wasn't a vert tell me why is that so ?
    Is it just because they wouldn't want to be seen in it ?
    I wouldn't drive a convertible anything, they're dearer, heavier, and I'd be constantly worrying about skangers with stanley knives cutting it up.

Last time I was in California I was offered a free (rental) upgrade to a mustang convertible and I wouldn't take it purely because of security.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

SteveC wrote: »
    I wouldn't drive a convertible anything, they're dearer, heavier, and I'd be constantly worrying about skangers with stanley knives cutting it up.

Last time I was in California I was offered a free (rental) upgrade to a mustang convertible and I wouldn't take it purely because of security.

I have owned a soft top car for 7 years. Avoiding parking the car in dodgy areas, something I would do with any car has kept the roof slash-free. They are great fun in the sun & good cure for hangover. You don't need much sun to enjoy them. However I don't think I would choose the soft top Mini. A JCW Mini, that's a different story, even a Cooper S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Golf (again), cos if you want to bring your mates with you and you had the mini, they'd need to be like freekin Danny DeVito!

Yeah cos the legroom in the Golf is so unbelievably superior to the Mini..or not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 marcusp003

wow looks like the golf has beaten the mini for jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 51,146 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This poll is daft. Two different cars aimed at different markets.

It's like asking which do you prefer, apples or oranges?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I wouldnt touch the gti unless it was pushing the 130bhp +

but thats me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

if your drive the golf... chances are your a man city cupporter till the arab leave, you aso support munster and enjoy eddie hobbs rants,

buythe mini just to be safe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    I wouldnt touch the gti unless it was pushing the 130bhp +

but thats me.

The current Gti is 200bhp and the Mk4 was 180bhp AFAIK so it won't be hard to beat that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

bazz26 wrote: »
    This poll is daft. Two different cars aimed at different markets.

It's like asking which do you prefer, apples or oranges?
    Apples. :)

Advertisement