Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Car Would You Prefer???

Options
  • 26-12-2008 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Which car do you think is better between the VW Golf GTi 2.0 and the Mini Cooper S 1.6 convertible??

I personally prefer the golf but I do like the mini what do you reckon??

http://www.mymotorguide.com/car_comparison/?model=191&model2=1068

Which car do you prefer 93 votes

Golf GTi 2.0
    0% 0 votes
    Mini Cooper S Convertible 1.6
    100% 93 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Mini's can be excellent. But a convertible one?! no thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

the non convertible mini.

If it has to be the convertible though..i'd go for the golf.
    but I voted for the mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

GTI! In white!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Mini everytime, not convertible though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lol, two people have voted for the mini apparently, with one vote showing :D

Golf all the way. I heard there were some serious cheap Golf's going up at the auctions. Might be worth the trip. (Something like a 07 for 19K)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Is this really a

Which car is a bloke car and which is not?

Golf GTi is a bloke car and the only Mini that is is the John Cooper.

I would go for the Gti every day.

White GTi all the way. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

audi tts

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

convertible mini in ireland about as much use as a fart in a lift with the ammount of sun we get

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I'd have the Golf too.

Are you buying new?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,894 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Hammertime wrote: »
    Mini everytime, not convertible though.

+1

I'd rather spend the extra costs of the convertible towards a JC works upgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭sunshinediver

Good god Go with the golf.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

3 Door BMW 1 Series :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Golf, no contest. Man + Mini = straight as a roundabout tbh, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Unless you're Mr. Bean of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Golf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I voted Golf, but agree with unkel and Berty....if the MINI were a JC Works it would beat the Golf to the Moon and then boomerang it back down to a very deep landfill pit.

Edit: Dear GOD look what they've done to this poor car

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mini/Cooper/S-model-/200847190933820/advert

no-image-large.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Give me a classic Mini any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

just had a tought buy an eos best of both and its a tin top

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I would have said the Golf but for the fact that I test drove some Cooper-s's earlier this year, they're really fun to drive, nearest thing you'll get to a kart!
    Downside is they're not very practical as a day to day car (no boot space etc) so it would depend on what your requirements were.

Edit: I wouldn't go for a convertible in either though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Golf (again), cos if you want to bring your mates with you and you had the mini, they'd need to be like freekin Danny DeVito!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I am gonna go for the mini - because for your average Joe there would be little if any determinable difference in the driving dynamics between them, and two I am comfortable enough in my own sexuality not to feel like I need to prove it by not driving a convertible mini. and 3 living in Dublin - I'd get to use the top down alot more than the superior handling of the GTi ( if there is any)

Wow - it shocks me how many blokes on here buy their car to reaffirm their sexuality - bloody scary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I am gonna go for the mini - because for your average Joe there would be little if any determinable difference in the driving dynamics between them, and two I am comfortable enough in my own sexuality not to feel like I need to prove it by not driving a convertible mini. and 3 living in Dublin - I'd get to use the top down alot more than the superior handling of the GTi ( if there is any)

Wow - it shocks me how many blokes on here buy their car to reaffirm their sexuality - bloody scary

Haha well said RobAMerc - enjoy the Mini - although I would have gone for a Fiat 500 Abarth I drove one recently and it was the best fun I've ever had driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Be a Man and buy the Golf! Picked the Mini just for the driving fun, wouldn't go for the convertable though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

would have picked the mini except its convertible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

could people who said they'd pick the mini if it wasn't a vert tell me why is that so ?
    Is it just because they wouldn't want to be seen in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

omg golf , esp a nice white one with black trims.. keep it simple

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Voting for Mini, but standard not convertible, not a good comparison to be voting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

could people who said they'd pick the mini if it wasn't a vert tell me why is that so ?
    Is it just because they wouldn't want to be seen in it ?

I would pick a Cooper S mini over the Golf, but since it's a convertable i wouldn't touch it. Comfortable with my sexuality, but driving one of those would be like a builder wearing a thong. It's just wrong lol

• Registered Users Posts: 64,894 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I already did. The vert is what, €5k extra? I'd rather spend that on a JCW upgrade to make the car more powerful / more hardcore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

I.m.o mini's are for girls

Advertisement