Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did Santa (or Satan for the Dyslexics) bring you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

treated myself to a 24-70 L,wonder if anyone else got me anything camera related,ill have to wait till later to see,happy xmas everybody !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

janeybabe wrote: »
    Santa brought me a Nikon D40. I really want to get into photography so I'm delighted!

Same as! Taken about 300 photos today, Mum was doing the christmas swim so got some funny ones. About 30 ended up almost totally black though, must figure out why..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

a sigma 105mm macro lens and a 16GB memory card for the 5DII

whooo, high def macro movie making

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

sigma 70-300 dg apo lens and few photography books..dead happy :)

first non kit lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Over the past week I treated myself to a few bits and pieces. Heading over to warehouseexpress soon for some festive shopping and football in the fine city. Also collecting a print from Steve tomorrow so looking forward to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

TPD wrote: »
    Same as! Taken about 300 photos today, Mum was doing the christmas swim so got some funny ones. About 30 ended up almost totally black though, must figure out why..

Try taking the lens cap off. :p

My brother got me a 20mm 2.8, very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

ericl wrote: »
    Try taking the lens cap off. :p

My brother got me a 20mm 2.8, very surprised.

:P I got that far. They arent quite totally black, auto levels in PS brings out a lot of detail. I think it's because the SD card I was using couldn't keep up with burst mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

My darling hubby got me a Canon EOS 50D. (Have 350) Can't wait to try it outside. Took lots of pics of the christmas tree but want to get outside......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I got a huge book called "Sportscape".
    It's about the evolution of Sports Photography.
    Got another book about understanding light.
    Borderfox wrote: »
    I got a hot towel shave gift voucher :)

I got one of them too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

A canon 1000D, 18-55mm IS kit lens and a canon 55-250mm IS lens
    Hope to start making proper use of it in coming weeks rather than just messing around....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I'm Santa in my house so I bought me a new 50mm 1.8:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I got a Canon 450d and a book to tell me how to use it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Canon RC-1 remote, new CF card and some cash towards a new external flash for the Eos. A cousin sent me eBook versions of a few Photography books to look over, great stuff.

All the rest was fine art supplies and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I might also be doing some shopping in the sales :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Collected the print from Steve which is top notch. Pity the father robbed it from me to stick it on the wall :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Santa brought me a new Gimbal head, my old one was damaged beyond repair a few weeks ago along with all but one of my lenses:(

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

I bought myself an Epson P7000 Multimedia Storage Viewer, new Tamrac bag and Photoshop CS4

Santa bought me a new 10" photoframe and Spyder 3 Elite monitor calibrator.

Not a bad Christmas at all:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

my OH got me a 40D its sooo purdy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

My other half got me the gorilla pod and the batt gipr for my 450D ,cos size is everything hehe now i just have to buy extra bats ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Woke up with a film scanner, some mags, a book, and a new CF card and UDMA and reader waiting in the post office.

Fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

canon 100mm f/2.8 macro.

yum

haven't had time to use it yet though.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Got my nifty fifty at last, and enjoyed the day taking flashless pictures.

As always tho' you fix one problem and then you have to figure out something else, namely the whole indoor white balance thingy.

Ah, every day I'm learning something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Woke up with a film scanner, some mags, a book, and a new CF card and UDMA and reader waiting in the post office.

Fantastic.

Nudey mags Fajitas ? To get 'inspiration' for nude shoots ? :p

or maybe machine gun magazines *ducks and hides*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'd be worried about myself if family were giving me jazz mags tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tnkrbell

Santa parents got me a battery grip and extra battery for 400d and Santa boyfriend got me my 50mm 1.8 <3 and got one photography book
    I dished out a few of my own photos as presents this year and they went down a treat!
    Oh and a new eyepiece from the other half for my birthday which was few days before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I got a new Sony A200.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it and how to take a decent picture!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I got a new Sony A200.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it and how to take a decent picture!

Well you will get plenty of help here to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

City-Exile wrote: »
    I got a huge book called "Sportscape".
    It's about the evolution of Sports Photography.

Tempted. What with Sterling edging off the abyss, an order from amazon calls me big time plus I need to order some stuff anyway.

Santa, some time ago, delivered a board bag for my kitegear so was somewhat less benevolent last Thursday morning. I did, however, get a very nice Belleek picture frame which some wave style patterns on it and now need to identify a photograph to go into it.

The rest consisted of books and none of them photography related. I have everything I need at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

CabanSail wrote: »
    Well you will get plenty of help here to learn.

Thanks for that. I've been lurking for a while reading all the stickies etc. and have seen that your all very helpful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement