Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did Santa (or Satan for the Dyslexics) bring you?

Options
  • 25-12-2008 1:26am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So who got some nice Photography Toys?

Me .... I got nowt as I bought when I needed wanted it. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Are we talking about presents?
    If so, all of them are not in yet but...
    My female friend #1 got me an i-phone and a pair of Cat type Runners.
    Female friend #2 got me 2 t-shirts, 2 ear-rings and a pair of asics runners.
    my parents are dead so not much in the line there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

9 rolls of xp2 and 2 of cn400 theres a process paid kodachrome 64 in the post somewhere....

I want to do more PEOPLE based stuff ... street...portraits... or something... I like nature but people are quite emotive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Satan brought me capitalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Ilford Multigrade IV 10x8 :D

Getting back into the darkroom. Mrs Buzz is also getting me a F100 for my 40th next month :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Does the 5DmkI I opened (weeks) early count? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Santa (you know who you are:p) gave me funds towards my ''photgraphy fund'' which I shall be puttin' towards a remote control for me camera, some printing and maybe some more memory. Santa rocks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

5D + 50/1.8 opened two weeks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Santa brought me a Nikon D40. I really want to get into photography so I'm delighted!

They had me convinced that I was getting a voucher. I think it was me walking around telling my dad that I wanted to be a photographer just like him that swung it. He's convinced he's my hero now!

He has used it more than me so far though. I think he got a bit overexcited. Once he opened his new tripod he forgot about the camera.

Looking forward to posting here more!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

janeybabe wrote: »
    Santa brought me a Nikon D40.

Some here would claim that was a gift from Satan :eek: LOL

I am not one of them though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

A Nikon D90:D:D

P.S Nikon D40 for sale;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Seems canon and nikon are evening out!:D
    Nothing photographicla for me
    Saving for a 70-200,so in economy drive :D
    Got some nice "normal" presents though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

I got a Manfrotto 190 tripod and a Manfrotto ball head. I also got a 55-250 Canon lens for my Canon 450D.

CabanSail wrote: »
    Some here would claim that was a gift from Satan :eek: LOL

I am not one of them though. :D

To a n00b like me anything will do!

Seems pretty cool so far, and from what I've read here it's great to start off with.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazydaize

No new gear for me, although I wasn't expecting any.

I gave the gift of a Canon 450D though. Because Canon are best it's a fantastic camera.

And I gave lots of photos and photo albums. People will think that I have a one track mind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

santa, well my print clients from here bought me a trip to the new huge warehouseexpress shop in a few days!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I got a hot towel shave gift voucher :) and probably in the new year I will be getting a roll fed dye sub printer seeing as the sterling is so equal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

diane and holga... d300/d700 to be ordered in new year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Mrs Santa was nice to himself and delivered a D3 and a Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 over the past few weeks but officially only have use of them from today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i got a nikon d60 with VR something or other lens

I dont know much about cameras, but i know i've wanted to get into it for years now. This thing seems to have alot on it. Im over the mewen

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Mrs Santa was nice to himself and delivered a D3 and a Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 over the past few weeks but officially only have use of them from today :D

drool

• Advertisement

Rich Santa (aka godfather) gave me a tripod.

My poor father is vicious. He's going around saying that his is definitely better!

drool

Considering that as the kids were heading down to see what santa had left, I grabbed my camera off my bedside locker, the strap got caught in a handle, which resulted in me dropping my camera and snapping off my 18-55 kit lens :o:mad:, you make me drool at your new lens.

New campaign for equal rights and equal pressies from santa !!!!!
    He should have brought me of of them also, whinge whine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

See, straps are baaaaaad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

New campaign for equal rights and equal pressies from santa !!!!!
    He should have brought me of of them also, whinge whine

Were you not warned that whinging and moaning are black marks in Santa's book? :D

@whyulittle - Straps are essential:eek: it's how you use them;)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Santa gave me the Boards image book and a Collins book to teach me how to take pictures.:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

whyulittle wrote: »

No - Waking up with a hang over is bad.

I fully agree with Thimbleful that straps are essential, its bedside lockers that shoud should be carful with along with wooden floors .... take it from me its bad news to combine all three at high speed.

In saying all that I've just superglued the broken lugs back to the lens body. Lets see if does what it says on the tin. At least until my neighbour (nikon repairs) re-opens after christmas.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Got myself a Nikon D40 and I'm loving it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

whyulittle wrote: »
    I never put my strap around my neck, I just hold the Camera, I know its dangerous but....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

D90 with 18-105 VR & 70-300VR lenses, flash unit & lowepro slingshot bag

Replacement for my D40 with 18-55 & 55-200 lenses & nikon bags which are still in perfect condition and now for sale!

Advertisement