Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grumpy dog Q?.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

The fact that you think someone's dog should be allowed to attack a child without repercussion on the owner is rather worrying.

I didn't mention any children... Not once. What are you talking about? What child? What repercussions? You are talking sh!te. Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

BPE, you talk a lot about the law. Okay so lets look at the law regarding shooting animals.

You may shoot a dog that's worrying sheep.
    You may NOT shoot a dog that's chasing a cat.
    (Check that law as it applies to legalised gun owners and to where a firearm may and not be discharged.)

Clear enough?

Dogs and cats are natural enemies... that's nature. if they come together in a fight usually only one will win -- often the cat. I've seen dogs that had eyes torn out by cats. I've also seen cats that have been killed by dogs. Again that's nature. Not nice... but part of life.

It can be seen in many posts that Mairt is a good poster on boards, and is a caring and responsible dog owner. Yet for some reason you seem to want to attack him and write sarcastic posts in response to his level headed remarks in this thread.

One must wonder why. Perhaps you would enlighten us? But without further attacking Mairt or his OP eh?

Or better still... let it go. No one's died, apart from your cat, but that's life isn't it.

I suggest you let the subject drop now because others reading and responding to your posts are wondering why you are being so aggressive in keeping it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What would you expect?
    Legal threats can get site bans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Ironically enough, I am just back from a walk with the dog, where 3 other dogs ran over and started on him. Of course, they had no leads on and the owners just stood there.
    lightening wrote: »
    I didn't mention any children... Not once. What are you talking about? What child? What repercussions? You are talking sh!te. Grow up.

I said that if Mairt attacked my child I would take him to the cleaners and you told me I am insane (thanks for the diagnosis) :rolleyes

If the dogs are as cuddly and safe as Mairt claims they are, then that will never happen, will it? I may as well be telling him that I'd sue him if his flying pigs crashed through my windows.

And as for all the hoo-ha about the videos? I never mentioned any videos. I mentioned the dogs running around a beach with no leashes or muzzles. Mairt regularly posts about his walks with his dogs.
    The fact of the matter is that if that dog was to go for a child again and injured it, Mairt has several posts bragging about how he lets the dogs run around with no leashes or muzzles (because they're "Not dangerous"). If the parents saw these he would be in trouble. Maybe this has only dawned on him now.

"Mairt, you're the bestest dog owner ever, your dog is TOTALLY safe (let's just gloss over him going for a child). I think you're great".

There, happy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Enough is enough! Locked!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement