Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Audi A4 model is this?

Options
  • 22-12-2008 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

no-image-large.gif
    I've seen a few of these on the roads and think I'd like to get one in the new year. Just been goggling and see that it might be the B5 or B6 model ? :confused:

I'd like to know the exact model so I can find one easier & see what years it was in production, engine sizes etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

looks fairly standard, rs4 bodykit a lot nicer!

like this one!
    n771053756_176921_9898.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Hmmmm, v nice :)

I'm prob looking for a 01 or 02 year. So I could buy a standard A4 and put a nice body kit on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

B5 95-01.4
    B6 01.5-04
    B7 05-07
    B8 Current model..

The car in your picture is a B6 model, lovely model and am buying one in the new year.. That example isn't very nice imo, the one in the post above me is absolutely gorgeous.. With an S-Line or Quattro bodykit they are absolutely mint, for a 01 you should budget to 8,000, hoping to pick up a 02 one pretty soon :D

Hmmmm, v nice :)

I'm prob looking for a 01 or 02 year. So I could buy a standard A4 and put a nice body kit on it ?

Place up nth does them, cant think of name though, they advertise in autotrader

• Advertisement

You're probably better off buying one from the North that already has the kit, with VRT you're better off going for a diesel, as the petrols are very expensive to clear. If you are going for the 1.9TDI, make sure it's the 130bhp red i and not the 100 or 110bhp. I'm hopefully going to get a 2.5TDI Quattro.

Don't bother with a 1.6, 1.8 or 2.0 n/a. TDI's and Turbo's are higher spec'd.

good car allright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Its a bog standard B6 A4,an RS4 kit would look stupid on it considering there was a never such a car and all S/RS4 kits look silly with small brakes,standard,interior,halogen lamps,RS6 wheels(wtf?),crap seats,one fake exhaust,chicken wire mesh in the grilles,TDI noises,smoke etc etc etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Thanks guys, Dave147 thanks, that's answered my question perfectly, time go browsing now :)...

tossy wrote: »
    Its a bog standard B6 A4,an RS4 kit would look stupid on it considering there was a never such a car and all S/RS4 kits look silly with small brakes,standard,interior,halogen lamps,RS6 wheels(wtf?),crap seats,one fake exhaust,chicken wire mesh in the grilles,TDI noises,smoke etc etc etc!

Not necessarily, these kits are designed for the B6, some of them are gorgeous when done correctly, the mesh is disgusting and I wouldn't want it anywhere near my car. Also either de-badged or badged correctly, I'm not ashamed of having a VAG TDI.

• Advertisement

I've nothing against vag TDIs i used to own one,i have something agaisnt stupid A4s with after market kits badged as S4's or RS4's though.If you want ot but a ince kit on your car fine but don't put a false badge on it,there was no B6 RS4 so a fake B6 RS4 is just dumb,a fake B5 or B7 RS4 is equally as dumb,as are fake M5's,M3's,R32's,Civic type R's GTI's etc etc etc

Now i know the age old argument is well some people will never get to afford an RS4 or whatever so whats the harm in recreating one,i've no problem with them recreating the bodykit wheels etc but the badge is just a bridge to far.

Also i can never understand why poeple spend so much money on body kits but then leave the interior in its crap bog standard state!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

pipsqueak wrote: »
    looks fairly standard, rs4 bodykit a lot nicer!

There is no such thing as a B6 RS4. These "RS4 kits" look nothing like RS4s.. which for one are Widebodies. Did you ever even see an RS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

The world according to clarkson

cock3.jpg

right and tasty......
    001__scaled_600.jpg

wrong and silly
    CB4_1184465_4_736106.jpg
    CB4_1276783_3_1061042.jpg
    CB4_1271907_3_1043349.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

right and tasty......

wrong and silly

Yeah I agree, I have seen very few aftermarket mods for this car which look well to be honest.

They tend to look cheap and tacky IMO.

I think the twin powerflow exhausts on the A4 look very nice, they come standard on the 1.8T anyway, I would have no shame in my car being badged 1.9TDI but I do like some of the kits they come out with, it looks far better than it would standard. This is exactly what I want mine to look like.

http://www.adverts.ie/showfull.php?product=75172&bigimage=carzone4_Small_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Dave147 wrote: »
    I think the twin powerflow exhausts on the A4 look very nice, they come standard on the 1.8T anyway, I would have no shame in my car being badged 1.9TDI but I do like some of the kits they come out with, it looks far better than it would standard. This is exactly what I want mine to look like.

http://www.adverts.ie/showfull.php?product=75172&bigimage=carzone4_Small_.jpg

There's no accounting for taste I suppose. Shame really. Aftermarket bodykits look cheap and tacky. Always conjure up the image of a site labourer (Celtic Tiger era) with no aesthetic sensibilities, a penchant for chipped TDIs and too much cash showing off. It's always gonna look sh1te. Always...
    If you want my advice, and I'm pretty sure you don't stick with the original beautifully proportioned B6 shape and stick a big set of 17'' alloys on. Restrained good looks. Nothing wrong with a bit of restraint you know. I'm just putting it out there......the pic in the OP's first post looked quite well actually.

Dave147 wrote: »
    I think the twin powerflow exhausts on the A4 look very nice, they come standard on the 1.8T anyway, I would have no shame in my car being badged 1.9TDI

No the don't the 1.8T comes with a nice oem factory exhaust about half the diameter.I wouldn't put a powerflow exhaust on a honda 50 bean can rubish for the max power brigade.

Again i've no problem with a car being badged a 1.9tdi,its cars badged as cars the are clearly not that pisses me off.

There is NO bodykit that will make your A4 B6 or B7 look like an RS4,do you think audi make an RS4 by taking a run of the mill A4 and fitting extra plastic or fibre glass as most of these tacky kits are? alomost every body panel is different on the RS4.

Also whats with all these RS4 replicas having RS6 wheels?

This is all my own opinion mind so you might not agree with me,but i bet most will.

A world apart....
    CB4_1070744_8_366261.jpgCB4_1272119_3_1043859.jpg

CB4_1282194_3_1079612.jpgCB4_1272119_7_1043860.jpg

CB4_1272119_6_1043856.jpgCB4_1070744_3_366256.jpg

CB4_1272119_2_1043854.jpgCB4_1070744_4_366257.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

^^
    nice comparison
    dont get me wrong, id love an A4, and id kill for an rs4 etc but....................
    audi interiors are fcukin horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

pred racer wrote: »

Oo

Each to their own and all but I find the audi's have a very nice interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

pred racer wrote: »
    ^^
    nice comparison
    dont get me wrong, id love an A4, and id kill for an rs4 etc but....................

Well photos taken with the flash tends to make them (and any interior shot) look rubbish.

Here is the RS4 2007 Interior:

2007-Audi-RS4-Interior-1280x960.jpg

While anyone can critique design choices, it could not be described as horrible. I would suspect the next gen (2009/2010?) version has the AC Controls finally integrated into the Headunit, like the recent VWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

God i love those steering wheels... God i love Rs4's lol...

As for the TDRS4 brigade, they know where they're not welcome :D

I was drooling over one of these steering wheels yesterday wondering if it would fit mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I was drooling over one of these steering wheels yesterday wondering if it would fit mine :D

I wonder would you get a group discount on two:P

Off topic: Spent the last 20 mins reading that Ring review again... That Sport really did well to hold it lol.

I wonder would you get a group discount on two:P

Off topic: Spent the last 20 mins reading that Ring review again... That Sport really did well to hold it lol.

Yeah some of the bravest driving i've seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

that second pic looks alot better allright.
    The standard audi interior is still horrible IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Ok, here goes - and i'm going to get it in the neck for this!

AUDI's = Expensive VW's > SKODA's > SEATS.
    All those tdi yokes are low rent and unimpressive to me and many more than me.

Ok, here goes - and i'm going to get it in the neck for this!

AUDI's = Expensive VW's > SKODA's > SEATS.
    All those tdi yokes are low rent and unimpressive to me and many more than me.

Yeah you would be really silly to buy an RS4,there are loads of 400bhp 4wd VW,skoda and seat super saloons to choose from a nice 1.6 jetta or octavia perhaps??

And while we are on it why would you buy a veyron? sure its basically a skoda superb with lots of radiators!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Yeah you would be really silly to buy an RS4,there are loads of 400bhp 4wd VW,skoda and seat super saloons to choose from a nice 1.6 jetta or octavia perhaps??

And while we are on it why would you buy a veyron? sure its basically a skoda superb with lots of radiators!

The post does'nt even stack up as a retort - its just silly.

Advertisement