Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most embarresing thing...

Options
  • 17-12-2008 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭

What has been/was the most embarrasing thing that happened to you or a mate when you were a teenager??:eek::p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

tbh i think most of my teenage years have been full of daily embaressments so far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

One time...........I religion...........I said Genital........Instead of Gentile.

Fad wrote: »
    One time...........I religion...........I said Genital........Instead of Gentile.

oh my gawd!
    hows did you ever live it down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Can't think of any hugely embarrasing incidents to happen to me. I'm probably due one.

Can't think of any hugely embarrasing incidents to happen to me. I'm probably due one.

LUCKY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

oh my gawd!
    hows did you ever live it down

Years of therapy allow me to look back and laugh...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

LUCKY!

Oh! I have one. On a school trip once, staying in a hotel I was up all night. Just about the go to sleep the next morning, the phone rings. I was so sure it was one of my friends so I shouted "What!?" down the phone when I picked up. It was my teacher. We never discussed it, but things ain't been the same since.

Puts a smile on my face when I remember.

Oh! I have one. On a school trip once, staying in a hotel I was up all night. Just about the go to sleep the next morning, the phone rings. I was so sure it was one of my friends so I shouted "What!?" down the phone when I picked up. It was my teacher. We never discussed it, but things ain't been the same since.

Puts a smile on my face when I remember.

thats nothing
    on a school trip to germany i was meeting this lad from a boys school who was there at the time and we didnt notice three of the teachers had come over and all of the two schools could see and the three teachers came over and kinda wrapped their arms around the two of us...niiiice:cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

During a Business Studies class way back in 2nd Year, and shortly after mid-day, our teacher decided to open the classroom blinds. It was the brightest time of the day, and a great sweep of sunlight flooded the room. I thought it would be funny to put my arms in front of my face and hiss like a vampire...

People laughed at me instead of with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

You spelled embarrassing wrongly . how ......embarresing :p

The thing is I am always getting into ....situations
    I will have many here but what springs to mind was when I was Italy.
    I was taking a 2 litre bottle of water up four flights of stair and it accidentally fell and crash down to the ground. Well then, An Italian security guard rang the police and I caused it all .That is not the worst .I'd say it is in the top 10 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm always told of how embarrassing I am and how people are secretly laughing at me.

I don't see why. I'm perfect. Maybe I'm too perfect? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

thats nothing
    on a school trip to germany i was meeting this lad from a boys school who was there at the time and we didnt notice three of the teachers had come over and all of the two schools could see and the three teachers came over and kinda wrapped their arms around the two of us...niiiice:cool:

HA HAAAA... OH NO !!!

An Fhile wrote: »
    During a Business Studies class way back in 2nd Year, and shortly after mid-day, our teacher decided to open the classroom blinds. It was the brightest time of the day, and a great sweep of sunlight flooded the room. I thought it would be funny to put my arms in front of my face and hiss like a vampire...

People laughed at me instead of with me.

You must have looked like a right think doin that!!! That's gas tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

One time in computer class, there was a woman in installing something on the computer beside mine while we were in class. She had the exact same phone as me and had it left on the table. I saw it, naturally assumed it was mine and put it in my pocket without thinking. As she was going, she asked he teacher to announce if anyone saw her phone. I thought nothing of it. She left, and approaching the end of class, I reached into my pocket. 2 phones. I ran up to the teacher, told him what happened, and went up to the front office to hand in the phone. The looks I got were awful - they thought I stole it. I tried to explain but the damage was done. Got back to class, to the teacher announcing "Ok lads, he's back so watch your pockets".

:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You must have looked like a right think doin that!!! That's gas tho

It would've been a lot worse, but the teacher in the class at the time had the reputation of a psychopath. Everybody was afraid to prolong the attention in case he flipped!

And then there was the time I burst into a rendition of U2's "Elevation" during a Technical Graphics class... :o

HA HAAAA... OH NO !!!
    oh aye...and it was caught on camera:o
    Archimedes wrote: »
    One time in computer class, there was a woman in installing something on the computer beside mine while we were in class. She had the exact same phone as me and had it left on the table. I saw it, naturally assumed it was mine and put it in my pocket without thinking. As she was going, she asked he teacher to announce if anyone saw her phone. I thought nothing of it. She left, and approaching the end of class, I reached into my pocket. 2 phones. I ran up to the teacher, told him what happened, and went up to the front office to hand in the phone. The looks I got were awful - they thought I stole it. I tried to explain but the damage was done. Got back to class, to the teacher announcing "Ok lads, he's back so watch your pockets".

:(
    ha nice one!
    ouch though.
    It would've been a lot worse, but the teacher in the class at the time had the reputation of a psychopath. Everybody was afraid to prolong the attention in case he flipped!

And then there was the time I burst into a rendition of U2's "Elevation" during a Technical Graphics class... :o

ah could be worse my chemistry teacher at my parent teacher meetin said im not a bad student just i sing and eat constantly and seem to think no one can notice:o

ah could be worse my chemistry teacher at my parent teacher meetin said im not a bad student just i sing and eat constantly and seem to think no one can notice:o

It's a good thing we don't have parent-teacher meetings in college, I spent all of 1st Year English singing Bohemian Rhapsody and eating chocolate! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

A friend of mine threw a used condom onto my hood,I walked downtown with it on me not noticing till one student put me outta my misery by saying 'mate,you got a johnny on yer back' Needless to say I was mortified. My friend nearly pissed his pants laughing,looking back,that was kinda funny :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57530490&postcount=54

Check out my most-thanked post!
    Two more crazy moments from my teens :D

Feel free to add your thanks... :cool:

It's a good thing we don't have parent-teacher meetings in college, I spent all of 1st Year English singing Bohemian Rhapsody and eating chocolate! :D
    oh god i sing queen constantly
    and i always think im singing quietly to myself...but im not
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57530490&postcount=54

Check out my most-thanked post!
    Two more crazy moments from my teens :D

Feel free to add your thanks... :cool:

hehe
    like the lady in red story:D

• Advertisement

Lady in Red story is great... ALL fellas can relate to that sort of thing;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Wore an old pair of trousers that were a quite a bit too small for me into school one day by mistake. Some of the guys noticed and I was complimented on my "tight ass" for the rest of the day.

Was jocked in PE in front of my whole year, though luckily facing away from most of them.

Probably more. Kids can be so cruel :'(

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

I can relate with JC, a few weeks ago I was jocked, fully, in front of my whole class. I don't know why, but I wasn't too embarrassed.

Getting slagged by my religion teacher about not being able to find the G spot was way more embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    Getting slagged by my religion teacher about not being able to find the G spot was way more embarrassing.

That one needs some explaining...

There was this really attractive young teacher when I was in school who all the girls loved. One day he walked passed me and my friends in the corridor and we all looked at each other and kinda silently went 'phrwoar!' but I went a step further and shook my head into my hands like 'motorboating' so to speak, I didn't realise he'd turned back and had seen me do this... SHAME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Vomitting all over the dairy aisle in work is probably still my worst moment... New Years Day. Sort of set a standard for the rest of 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I can't post my most embarassing moment here, but I'll say one that was pretty cringy, but also hilarious cos I was with my friends.

In February this year I was on the annual 5th year ski trip. Now I'd never been skiing before and I'm clumsy and ungraceful enough as it is, so when it came for the first time to go up the carpet lift (anyone who's been skiing before will know what it is, for those of you that haven't it's like a carpet up the side of the mountain you stand on and it caries you up) I was like wtf? So I slid myself onto it and all was going well until I felt myself sliding, the snow under my skiing was melting on the lift and causing them to slide backwards. So I did some sorta of frantic waving my arms about before crashing down off the lift. My friend behind me bent down to help me up and ended up falling onto me, the woman behind her gracefully stepped over her and the girl behind her fell on top of us. All our skiis got tangled together and the lift was stopped for 10 minutes full of angry skiiers who had to wait for us to get up. Because we weren't used to skiis we kept falling over and laughing which made it way harder to get up.

When we finally got standing and the lift got moving again the tiny Italian boy in front of me spent the whole ride up staring at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Last month in French class, I was watching a film about Edith Piaf and I was leaning back on my chair. To cut a long story short, the French teacher bent over and I had look which led me falling back on my head.

Well worth it.

EDIT

Another time, in English. I was walking to the teacher's desk to get my book when I caught my trouser pocket off a corner of a desk which led my trousers to rip all the way down the seam. I had to go to a mass the next class so I had to use a stabler to put my trousers back together, very MacGyver-esque

Piste wrote: »
    I can't post my most embarassing moment here, but I'll say one that was pretty cringy, but also hilarious cos I was with my friends.

In February this year I was on the annual 5th year ski trip. Now I'd never been skiing before and I'm clumsy and ungraceful enough as it is, so when it came for the first time to go up the carpet lift (anyone who's been skiing before will know what it is, for those of you that haven't it's like a carpet up the side of the mountain you stand on and it caries you up) I was like wtf? So I slid myself onto it and all was going well until I felt myself sliding, the snow under my skiing was melting on the lift and causing them to slide backwards. So I did some sorta of frantic waving my arms about before crashing down off the lift. My friend behind me bent down to help me up and ended up falling onto me, the woman behind her gracefully stepped over her and the girl behind her fell on top of us. All our skiis got tangled together and the lift was stopped for 10 minutes full of angry skiiers who had to wait for us to get up. Because we weren't used to skiis we kept falling over and laughing which made it way harder to get up.

When we finally got standing and the lift got moving again the tiny Italian boy in front of me spent the whole ride up staring at me.

:DHa nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

years ago when i was back in school in my biology class one day and as usual, was asked to read out a page...anyways, talking away and instead of saying ''organism'' I said ''orgasm''! I nearly died, the whole class including the teacher ( a young girl ) started laughing!

Another time, my friend and I were having a mess row in between classes waiting on our teacher to come. the highlighters came out for a highligher fight, when she calls me a bitch. So I shouted back (messing), you slut...and who opens the door at that exact moment! the teacher! dunno who was more shocked, herself or me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Girl in my class a few years ago had a similar embarrassing moment like the post above.

Was in maths reading some question about the circumference of a circle, she ended up going "circumcision" and she didn't even realise which made it even funnier.

Ah to be back in school again... :P

Advertisement