Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbagius dublinus

Options
  • 17-12-2008 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭

As a biologist I have been conducting field studies on the fascinating creature Scumbagius dublinus and its subspecies of Junkius dublinus.

Among my observations I have found the Scumbagius dublinus will emit a loud piercing cry when trying to attract the attention of potential mates. The cry 'Heeeeerrrreeee Missssstttuuurrrr!' or "Hoooowwwwaarryaaa Luuuvvvv!' will normally precede a request for a cigarette or declaration of intent to copulate. But beware - the Scumbagius dublinus' amorous attentions can quickly turn to violence especially if spurned. The most common method of attack among the Scumbagius is what is known as 'bottling' (although in certain areas this may also be used in mating rituals). The Scumbagius will bottle its opponent before administering a further assault using its claw like hoofs when the opponent is on the ground. Frequently the attack is finished by insistence that 'he started it' or by fleeing at high speed while attempting to hold up its tracksuit bottoms.

Aversion to pedestrian crossings is also one commonly observed trait of both the Scumbagius and Junkius dublinus. While the Commuterus dublinus will stand by the pedestrian crossing until the roadway is safe to cross the Scumbagius dublinus will never cross at pedestrian lights most likely due to its dislike of the beeping emitted at the correct crossing time.

Instead the Scumbagius will dart quickly through the oncoming traffic, often experiencing an adrenaline rush from the speed of the oncoming cars. This adrenaline rush is vocalised loudly as 'Heeerrreeee Anto waaaiiittt uuuup!".

While the Junkius dublinus is also averse to pedestrian crossings it will not cross roads at speed, instead choosing to weave unsteadily through traffic, often stopping to examine things on the ground, oblivious to danger.

More research is needed on both. I will report back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Troll Fail

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

O dear gawd, another silly posting!

Poor Dubliners are getting it thick and fast these days, No wonder they are moving out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Troll Fail

Fail post Fail.

Ain't no trolling going on here boy. Just some good ol' fashion science!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

*sits back and awaits for onslaught of insults as OP is ripped apart*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

There's scumbags in Dublin and some of their names are Anto!!!!! Has somebody told the press?

Biggins wrote: »
    O dear gawd, another silly posting!

Can I take back my newbie of the year vote for you so? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

The auld latin doesn't go down here.

Tryin' too hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Run out of chugger\roma complaints rants OP?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Can I take back my newbie of the year vote for you so? :cool:

lol - Appreciate the vote but not at the price of victimizing a certain community.
    There's twats everywhere - I should know, I am one!
    Lets pick on the evil scumbags of the world instead!

...please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What percentage of baords is comprised of whiny students living in fear of 'scumbags'.

Get a blog or grow a set.

Run out of chugger\roma complaints rants OP?

I actually like Chuggers...... sssshhhhh!;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I didn't make it through the first paragraph tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

I propose that the initial stages of research be carried out in a safe, secret underground facility. We can harness the individual specimens with chains, and introduce them to modern technologies so that we may see how their primitive brains cope with the stimulus.
    We may learn much from our under-developed cousins. Also, in order that we may effectively bond with the specimens, I propose the specimens be dubbed with the moniker 'Bud'.

Here is a picture to further illustrate my proposals.

http://www.best-horror-movies.com/images/Day-of-the-dead-Bub-small.jpg

stovelid wrote: »
    Get a blog or grow a set.

Jaysus I never even said I was afraid of them. It was mostly the pedestrian crossings I'm fascinated by.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Glad to see none of my fellow Dubs took the bait. If it was the other way around them culchies woulda been straight in here shouting the odds.

Dublin 1
    Boggers 0

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

well at least they are not bog trotters,bog warriors,sh1tkickers,muldoons or culchies so they are ok in my book:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Glad to see none of my fellow Dubs took the bait. If it was the other way around them culchies woulda been straight in here shouting the odds.

Dublin 1
    Boggers 0

You spoke too soon.... ^^^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭pallepille

well at least they are not bog trotters,bog warriors,sh1tkickers,muldoons or culchies so they are ok in my book:)

hahaha none of the above, just the simple and polite - haymunchers

Does anybody say Mullahs anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

Jaysus I never even said I was afraid of them. It was mostly the pedestrian crossings I'm fascinated by.

yes... have seen this down on the quays. Bit like that thing they do in India, where if you actually want to cross the road, its better to close your eyes and just walk ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

just film 'em. That will buy you a free slot at Cannes Film festival.

At least in Cork city they have the decency to sit down with a cup in front of them and hide their face.

Probably more out of necessity than decency.

stovelid wrote: »
    Does anybody say Mullahs anymore?

A Mullah? Never heard that one.

There is something wrong with me, there must be!
    I like Dubliners, there, I said it. :D

A lot more of them will give it to you straight. No bullcrap, just out right honesty.
    Ok, a small number might be rough abound the edges...

...but no rougher than a snow covered cold rams arse being chased by a randy farmer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭boring_job_guy

Troll Fail

FAIL!

everyone knows trolls can't have high post counts :pac:!

Due to this the OP is refered to as "humorous".

A Mullah? Never heard that one.

Yeah, we always used Mulla(h?) when we were younger. We thought it was great when my wife told us that there was a town in Clare called Mullagh. :D

Just to clarify I also like Dubs. It's just the Dublin scumbags that are afraid of pedestrian crossings I'm referring to.

People get offended so easily these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

i think all the bright lights and loud noises of the big city frighten the country folk

Advertisement