Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kilkennys worst customer service experience

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

worst customer service... I'd agree with Threadhead on this -
    'There's a certain 'tourist friendly' 'nostalgic' ****hole of a cafe in Kilkenny that has persisted in ripping so many people off over the years'

When I first arrived in Kilkenny went to this place once or twice... won't make the same mistake again :)

Lets be more positive... best customer service in Kilkenny (Can we name these?) :p

From my own experiences I'd say the staff in Bank of Ireland who I've always found v helpful (& before anyone asks no I don't work or know anyone who works for them :P)

That said I've v little dealings with people around kilkenny so limited pool to select from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Uncle Sam's for tasty pizzas cooked uber quickly by friendly foreigners :)

Try not to think about the fact that the bathroom *never* has soap in it and aforementioned friendly foreigners are kneading your dough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

JOES TAKEAWAY!!!!!! definately the best customer service i ever got in kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

A certain large anchor tenant in a certain shopping centre. Jesus wept. There are some people working in there who have sour pusses on them that would curdle the milk you're trying to buy. They're not in any great hurry to serve people that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

^^ I reckon I could name the person that served you! Some of the staff there are unbelievably surly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Firetrap wrote: »
    A certain large anchor tenant in a certain shopping centre. Jesus wept. There are some people working in there who have sour pusses on them that would curdle the milk you're trying to buy. They're not in any great hurry to serve people that's for sure.

Is that Superquinn???! I find their staff nice enough, broadly speaking. But I always use the self service, just too slow otherwise.

Speaking of poor customer service/ more accurately poor value; Fox & Goose Clara; €13.95 for a Chicken breat in a bap and a few frozen chips; hello? :rolleyes:. Never going there again, €10 would have been more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Firetrap wrote: »
    There's a certain newsagent that shuts its doors earlier than other stores in the same place. I was once in there with another customer around 8:45 browsing and they more or less threw us out. A woman walked into the shop and they were horrible in the manner they sent her back out. I've never gone in there since.

Wouldn't happen to be in the Market Cross by any chance??

No...

I'll wager my left testicle you are referring to a certain continental breed of Spar.

Typical Transaction

Customer: - "Hi howsa goin"
    Ivana*: [dirty look]
    Customer: - "That's a coffee"

[silence]

Customer: "how much is that?"
    Ivana: [sighs] "one fifty"
    Customer: "hold on and I'll see if i have it in change"
    Ivana: [sighs and rolls eyes]

I actually know a guy who goes in there to get the paper most days and pays in ones and twos just to annoy certain staff.

*Randomly selected name. not a real person

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

fabbydabby wrote: »
    I'll wager my left testicle you are referring to a certain continental breed of Spar.

+ 1 work and live near it so shop there every day and every time I go in I ask myself why do I keep going there. The deli staff are the rudest I've ever had to deal with, the rest of the staff I find fine but ordering a sandwich in there is an ordeal. Go up to counter, see piles of chicken and tuna and egg mayo all over the counter, ask for sandwich and as they go to put down the bread on the dirty counter I ask "sorry could you please wipe the counter down first" Get dirty look followed by a snapped "I was going to do that" at which point they drop the bread on the dirty counter anyway and stalk off to get a cloth, giving me dirty looks the whole time.

It's the same every time. I've watched them when it's busy make several sandwiches on the trot without once cleaning or changing the cutting board, even though they've a whole pile of them to the side, not cleaning the knife, not changing their gloves. Watched one girl handle some raw meat in the back before coming and making a sandwich without changing her gloves. I'm not massively picky if a little bit of something else falls into one of the other containers and I get it in my sandwich but honestly they are taking the piss in there. Couple of months back one of the girls put chicken on my roll even though I hadn't asked for it, I kept saying excuse me, sorry etc but she ignored me, wrapped the roll and handed it to me, I just looked at her like she was mad.

Asking for anything out of the hot deli is almost as bad, you get stared at like you annoying them when you ask for something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Probably the most annoying was going down town during lunch in secondary school. After being treated like ignorant cnuts at the deli counter then we would be herded through one till by the slowest staff member. We werent allowed to go to any of the other tills but they didnt have a problem with other customers coming into the "STUDENTS ONLY" queue

Typical Transaction

Customer: - "Hi howsa goin"
    Ivana*: [dirty look]
    Customer: - "That's a coffee"

[silence]

Customer: "how much is that?"
    Ivana: [sighs] "one fifty"
    Customer: "hold on and I'll see if i have it in change"
    Ivana: [sighs and rolls eyes]

I actually know a guy who goes in there to get the paper most days and pays in ones and twos just to annoy certain staff.

*Randomly selected name. not a real person

:D Unnervingly accurate.

No, I wasn't referring to the Spar but to the lovely supermarket staffed by lovely people in a workhouse based shopping centre.

Oh right. Never been in there so I can't complain....

Had a roll from Sparta this evening. Tasty, well made and the girl on the till was pleasant. So perhaps the bad experiences are over.

Funny the big hoo-ha they made about their "bakers tray" bakery selection, how fantasticly amazing it is and how there isn't another like it in the country (they even brought that hurling trophy down for the grand opening) but most mornings when I go in there the crossaints 'arent out of the oven yet'.

Well, not everyone in my favorite supermarket is surly either. There are some very pleasant people working there but alas there are far too many ones who act like the place would run grand if it wasn't for the customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

Oh right. Never been in there so I can't complain....

Had a roll from Sparta this evening. Tasty, well made and the girl on the till was pleasant. So perhaps the bad experiences are over.

Funny the big hoo-ha they made about their "bakers tray" bakery selection, how fantasticly amazing it is and how there isn't another like it in the country (they even brought that hurling trophy down for the grand opening) but most mornings when I go in there the crossaints 'arent out of the oven yet'.

In Eurosparta they got a new pastry chef in. I used to work with him in a hotel. Makes the most incredible croissants ever..........

As for bad experiences, anyone ever ring Eircom? They try keep you on the phone asking the same questions over and over, rather than sending an engineer out to look at your problem they just attempt to get you pissed off so you hang up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

I have, in my 9 odd years as a mobile phone user... NEVER had a satisfactory transaction in a mobile phone shop. They are staffed by the rudest, most inept collection of mongoloids in the workforce.

I used to be one of them.. Fun times!

Although it used to bug be when idiots come in looking for an "indestructible" phone or when their phone comes back from repair water damaged and they ask: "how did it get water damaged?"

I once had a woman collecting her water damaged phone who was not happy, she made a big scene in front of everybody in the shop shouting: Water damage?!... Everybody uses their phone in the rain!!.. I calmly replied: "Would you watch your telly in the rain and expect it to work?".... That shut her up pretty quick!

Hmm but what about when you go in for a phone, spend a while picking one out and then after a bit of rooting being told it's not in stock? The problems I have with this are as follows:

There should be a phone in stock
    If it is not in stock, the staff should KNOW that

Then trying to buy it, but being told you don't have the required docs... so you get a list of everything you need from the guys in the shop, go off and get them and come back but you still can't buy it because you are still missing stuff, even though you were already told everything you were supposedly told you needed.

Then you ask them to recommend a bluetooth car kit with a mini-screen and they do, but when it is snstalled, the installer tell you that that perticullar model you picked out doesn't have a screen?

What then?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hmm but what about when you go in for a phone, spend a while picking one out and then after a bit of rooting being told it's not in stock? The problems I have with this are as follows:

There should be a phone in stock
    If it is not in stock, the staff should KNOW that

No company can guarantee they will always have EVERY item in stock, fair enough if its out of stock staff can check
    Then trying to buy it, but being told you don't have the required docs... so you get a list of everything you need from the guys in the shop, go off and get them and come back but you still can't buy it because you are still missing stuff, even though you were already told everything you were supposedly told you needed.

Doesn't the phone operators website also state what docs are needed, what ever happened to a customer doing abit of research before buying something?
    Then you ask them to recommend a bluetooth car kit with a mini-screen and they do, but when it is snstalled, the installer tell you that that perticullar model you picked out doesn't have a screen?
    What then?

Bring it back, you were given incorrect advise by the shop

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I have, in my 9 odd years as a mobile phone user... NEVER had a satisfactory transaction in a mobile phone shop. They are staffed by the rudest, most inept collection of mongoloids in the workforce.

Wow very nice generalization,
    I've had a mobile for 10 years and I've never once had any problems with any mobile phone staff, I've also never had problems with my phones but thats mainly down to the fact that I look after them :)

For the record I've never worked in a mobile phone shop before anyone jumps to conclusions

Hard to bring it back when it's installed in my car and already paid for! But Its my own fault for buying off the morons, I blame no one else other than myself for expecting a decent service.

Yeah OK I take your point about doing a bit of research, but it was a company phone, not my own and I was just picking it up thusly.

me: What do I need?
    shop guy: You need A, B and C
    Me: That's it?
    shop guy: Yep

[drives off and returns with A B and C]

shop guy: "have you got D?"

etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 eire_kp61

Plug wrote: »
    Sounds like a halfords job, why did you not just go to Penders? They would have topped it up for free.

haha you love penders :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I had a nice one last week, I left my mobile phone into be repaired and gave the shop a landline to contact me on. The guy in the shop rang me a day or two later and gave me the number of a crowd in Dublin (he did explain this to me in the shop) to pay. Anyway after a week I'm thinking where the f**k is my phone, the guy said it would be a few days, I allowed another couple because I'm fairly patient. I rang the crowd in Dublin and they said they had sent it to the shop in Kilkenny with registered post and it had been delivered. I go over to the shop get the phone, I turn it on - beep, beep: you have one new voice message, yes I think you can guess where this is going. You numbnuts have my mobile, you did not provide me with a replacement, whilst I understand some people have spare phones (I have one but can't find it), I think it was pretty obvious why I would not answer my mobile, I gave you a landline for a reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Thats almost as good as eircom broadband recently advising their customers of their network being down by putting it on their website. IDIOTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

was charged 60cents for brown sauce on a sausage roll there.. and it wasn't even any nice Chef sauce or anything, just the usual watered-down brown muck that comes in gallon drums.

Anyway, worst was a certain 'finger lickin' establishment, close to the ringroad, where I got a bad case of food poisoning.

Thats almost as good as eircom broadband recently advising their customers of their network being down by putting it on their website. IDIOTS.

not stupid tbh,
    Alot of people have alternative internet access (work, mobile a friends etc) and in general the vast majority of ISP's operate a system status page of some sort.

Sure if you don't have net access to look at the eircom site you can ring them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 eire_kp61

ring eircom :D:D:D

I suppose if you have a spare hour or so you could

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

jerseyeire wrote: »
    I had a nice one last week, I left my mobile phone into be repaired and gave the shop a landline to contact me on. The guy in the shop rang me a day or two later and gave me the number of a crowd in Dublin (he did explain this to me in the shop) to pay. Anyway after a week I'm thinking where the f**k is my phone, the guy said it would be a few days, I allowed another couple because I'm fairly patient. I rang the crowd in Dublin and they said they had sent it to the shop in Kilkenny with registered post and it had been delivered. I go over to the shop get the phone, I turn it on - beep, beep: you have one new voice message, yes I think you can guess where this is going. You numbnuts have my mobile, you did not provide me with a replacement, whilst I understand some people have spare phones (I have one but can't find it), I think it was pretty obvious why I would not answer my mobile, I gave you a landline for a reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably Carphone, they can only store one number under a customers lead. Which is of course, the mobile number. The sales consultant can put a note on the customers lead though but from personal experience I found this pointless because their system doesn't notify you if there's a note on a customers lead.

Mostly what happens it: The phone comes back from repair in a bag with a barcode on it, sales consultant scans the bag which brings up your name and mobile number only, he calls you and gets no answer, writes on the bag "No awswer or voicemail left" with the date, Puts the bag in the back room and waits for you to call in.
    Yeah OK I take your point about doing a bit of research, but it was a company phone, not my own and I was just picking it up thusly.

me: What do I need?
    shop guy: You need A, B and C
    Me: That's it?
    shop guy: Yep

[drives off and returns with A B and C]

shop guy: "have you got D?"

etc etc.

Get him/her to write it down or simply take one of the shop magazines which has all the ID requirements at the back of it. Problem solved.

I wrote it down in front of him.

Don't really care about that anymore, asn we are with a different provider now who actually come to the office and seem to have have half decent service,so I don't have to go into that shop and deal with those cretins anymore, thankfully.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Probably Carphone, they can only store one number under a customers lead. Which is of course, the mobile number. The sales consultant can put a note on the customers lead though but from personal experience I found this pointless because their system doesn't notify you if there's a note on a customers lead.

No it was the shop my service provider and they did call me during the week on my landline, so they had it. I've worked with a lot of these computer systems, they all have things that pee me off, and if that's the case in Carphone then I feel sorry for the staff.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
Advertisement