Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear on at 9PM tonight..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,811 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Are the episodes of FG that Dave shows the actual current ones?
    Or are they reruns.

I caught a bit of one ep, about 30 seconds was all I could muster...but I got a bit of a ...4 years ago impression off it?

Or is Fifth Gear just that crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Are the episodes of FG that Dave shows the actual current ones?
    Or are they reruns.

I caught a bit of one ep, about 30 seconds was all I could muster...but I got a bit of a ...4 years ago impression off it?

Or is Fifth Gear just that crap?

No, it's just four years old... You can smell it off it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

they've been researching hydrogen fuel cells for years now but there is still loads of problems which May failed to highlight one of which is that it is extremly explosive!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

skelliser wrote: »
    they've been researching hydrogen fuel cells for years now but there is still loads of problems which May failed to highlight one of which is that it is extremly explosive!!

they were full of praise for that car but they also didn't bother mentioning that the fuel cells themselves don't last very long. and that it uses those god awful lithium ion batteries as a buffer, you know the ones that go downhill after about 500 charges? this being a prototype the fuel cell will probably ****ed long before the battery.

its like all the disadvantages of an electric car and all the disadvantages of a petrol car put together, but then slightly worse

and they will most likely all be repossessed and crushed once Honda realise they are better off making petrol cars for another 30 years

i read somewhere, not sure where tho, that there is enough coal left on the planet for something crazy like 100 years and even tho the cost of turning that/refining it back into oil is alot it will become a viable option.

• Advertisement

i read somewhere, not sure where tho, that there is enough coal left on the planet for something crazy like 100 years and even tho the cost of turning that/refining it back into oil is alot it will become a viable option.

or just put it directly into your steam powered car.

towel401 wrote: »
    or just put it directly into your steam powered car.

take the piss all you want but this is a reality. even tho there currently using gas instead of coal it wont be long before they perfect coal conversion.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fischer-Tropsch_process#Utilization

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

there is still loads of problems which May failed to highlight one of which is that it is extremly explosive!!

So is vapor of petrol and LPG, we still manage to drive using both for 100 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

towel401 wrote: »
    they were full of praise for that car but they also didn't bother mentioning that the fuel cells themselves don't last very long. and that it uses those god awful lithium ion batteries as a buffer, you know the ones that go downhill after about 500 charges? this being a prototype the fuel cell will probably ****ed long before the battery.

its like all the disadvantages of an electric car and all the disadvantages of a petrol car put together, but then slightly worse

and they will most likely all be repossessed and crushed once Honda realise they are better off making petrol cars for another 30 years
    If the cars last too long or are too reliable then the manufacturers will go out of business.

mike65 wrote: »
    So is vapor of petrol and LPG, we still manage to drive using both for 100 years.

liquid/compressed hydrogen and oxygen is way way more explosive then petrol vapors, its one of the main reasons they use it in rockets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I was wondering when they'd get around to the tesla, i read about it 2 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Electic powered cars are in very early stages of development. Battery technology is still crap. I'll give it another 100 years before we will be driving around in them things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I was wondering when they'd get around to the tesla, i read about it 2 years ago!

+1 - been around for years!

Sean_K wrote: »
    If the cars last too long or are too reliable then the manufacturers will go out of business.

probably explains why its mostly small manufacturers making the decent electric cars.

they need to do a review of the Lightning GT. Its ridiculously expensive but it's got much better batteries and charges in 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

For those who missed it it will be repeated on the 21st @ 7pm see here.

You will need to tune in BBC Two (England) on your Sky box though (See instructions to do so here).

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

That's only for BBC2 England, not NI.

NI is the only one aired in ROI, they used to repeat it on Wednesdays on BBC2 NI, but not this year.

So basically, no-one in Ireland or NI can watch repeats on BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

That's only for BBC2 England, not NI.

NI is the only one aired in ROI, they used to repeat it on Wednesdays on BBC2 NI, but not this year.

So basically, no-one in Ireland or NI can watch repeats on BBC

Please read the second line of my post ^^^^^^^^^^^^

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Correction.

No-one in ROI or NI who don't have a Sky Box can watch the repeat.

It might be on Youtube in bits though

Correction.

No-one in ROI or NI who don't have a Sky Box can watch the repeat.

It might be on Youtube in bits though

you can get BBC 2 england on free to air satellite

Advertisement