Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That laura bird off mtv news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Why not? Numerous birds have stooped that low before..... :pac:

On their knees is low enough.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I don't find her voice annoying.
    If she read the actual news, I'd probably even show an interest in current affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Here's an article about her. Might as well get it from the horses mouth. Don't think interviewer is too impressed.
    Byline: Peter Robertson

WHEN Laura Whitmore famously beat 3,000 other hopefuls in a competition to become the new face of MTV News, a casual observer might have been forgiven for thinking that she had proved her worth through talent alone.
    Yet only weeks into her new job, Laura followed the depressingly familiar route taken by so many other young women who scramble around in the foothills of TV fame.

In the July issue of FHM, a so-called lads mag that cloaks itself in faux intellect, the 23-year-old former convent schoolgirl from Bray, Co. Wicklow, appeared wearing black knickers, thigh-high socks and a white T-shirt. Perhaps even more depressingly, she justified her decision by saying she wouldnt have even considered it had the offer come from the more downmarket (though only slightly) Zoo or Nuts and, again like so many before her, she claims not to have regretted her decision.

She said: People may think it wasnt necessarily the best move, but Ill completely stand by what I did. It was a bit of fun. You dont need to take your clothes off to be sexy, and you can see that I am wearing a lot of clothes in that shoot.

She added: I said I wouldnt do Zoo or Nuts Im not a model like that but I said I would do FHM because thats a high-end magazine, and Id seen established presenters like Emma Griffiths and Fearne Cotton do similar shoots, so I felt honoured FHM even wanted me. She went on: When I did FHM, I was in complete control over what I wore.

Yet the simple fact remains that Rickie Haywood Williams, Lauras copresenter on MTVs The News Cube, has not had to remove his shirt or pose in his boxer shorts to help his career and, in any case, there is little evidence that appearances in magazines such as FHM have any significant effect on longevity.

You need look no further than Emma Ledden, another Irish former MTV presenter, for proof of that. She too beat 2,000 hopefuls to land a job as an MTV VJ and later presented BBCs Saturday morning kids show, Live and Kicking yet now she runs a Dublin-based media training school, teaching other people how to break into TV.

As if to confirm the obvious, the interview that accompanied the racy images of Laura, which included talk of prostitutes, transvestites and threesomes, has not had any practical effect. When asked how much fan-mail she has received since starting on MTV in May, she replied: Zilch! Do you wanna write me a letter?

Actually, Ive got a few e-mails from people asking where I got my tops, but thats where it ends. THERE are, however, other trappings of fame to contend with. When I was in Oxygen, a nightclub in Londons Leicester Square, two 11-year-old girls followed me to the toilet and waited outside the cubicle to say hello. That was funny. But Im not big. There are much more famous people in London than me no one really cares about me.

Since she was 16, Laura has dyed her hair blonde, and occasionally it seems to have conferred the stereotypical dizziness on her young shoulders.
    She said: At a premiere with Rickie, I was asked for my autograph and I thought, oh, my God, what do I do? Do I write my first name? My second name? I dont know! I just copy what Rickie does.

In the meantime, Laura has a list of people shed like to interview Johnny Depp, Bono, Stereophonics, Stephen Gately & Stephen Gately? Stephen was my favourite and I dont think that was ever going to happen the poster on my wall got dumped when he broke my heart! Not, she laughs, because he admitted his homosexuality. That said, at least he might appreciate her primarily for her talent and not just as yet another piece of celebrity eye candy in a lads mag.

Some pictures: (Apologies for links, won't let me insert pictures...)

Laura and her many many bracelets

Laura paparazzi - snot bag!

Laura's jigsaw face (!?)

Laura rocking out with Boyzone

And stop being mean. Or else her stepsister will come on again and tell you that you're just jealous... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

naasface wrote: »
    anyone see the blonde irish girl that presents on mtv news? i find her extremely irritating. her voice gives irish people a bad rep. are we all that squeaky? she's a bit of totty for the lads i suppose but man i cant stand her. anyone else?

Who gives a shít? Nobody watches MTV anymore and I've only heard of her through another thread in the TV forum which showcased her sister who regged a while ago to give out to those who mock her so.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Meh.
    I'd do her.
    Kold wrote:
    Emma Griffith was the best thing about MTV ever. Fact. I'll stab you.
    Nah. Kristianna Backer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

MTV news - meh! There was a time back in nineteen dickity doo when MTV was edgey and cool. It lasted 6 months.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

she doable but defo a double bagger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I think she's quite pretty

she doable but defo a double bagger

Hahah. No way! She's vanilla and very innocent. Like only slept with her ex I think. 2 people tops... Or did you mean one for her head? That's mean.

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    She's vanilla and very innocent. Like only slept with her ex I think. 2 people tops...

If you really believe this, then you are incredibly naive. Seriously, and you call her "innocent?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Here she is in her DCU days! Around 0:49 in.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

creggy wrote: »
    Here she is in her DCU days! Around 0:49 in.

That's Dudess at the start of the video.

If you really believe this, then you are incredibly naive. Seriously, and you call her "innocent?"

I've known her for years. She was scared of hard ons, and disgusted by any sexual activity other than missionary basically. If you kissed a guy in a night club that you didn't know she'd call you a slut. Very backwards mentality. And was highly insulting and condescending to any one without sexual hang ups.

Unless she became adventurous in her one long term relationship that she had in college then I doubt she's changed. She was never a sexually progressive type of girl. She's in no danger of tabloids finding some sex tape or scandal if she hits the big time. No dirt on this girl whatsoever.

What makes you say otherwise? Just because she posed in a lads mag means nothing. She even said herself she didn't dress provocatively. I think it's very funny that her worth on this forum seems to come down whether or not she's doable. :rolleyes: I say 99.999% of guys posting have no chance with her.

I say 99.999% of guys posting have no chance with her.

More like 100% tbh.
    What makes you say otherwise? Just because she posed in a lads mag means nothing.

Nothing except my experience of attractive young adults, very few of whom are half has inncoent as they make themselves out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

So this is what happens when you get on tv? Thrown to the internet masses for an opinionated grilling based on a job you're doing and your looks.

She's a nice girl, was always very friendly to me and seemed to have a kind personality. I wouldn't call them attributes backwards little kitten and hardly a negative point about her.

cormie wrote: »
    So this is what happens when you get on tv? Thrown to the internet masses for an opinionated grilling based on a job you're doing and your looks.

Um...That's what happens when you're a female in the public eye. Have you seen the thread in here about Glenda Gilson?! Anyways there's no such thing as bad publicity apparently.

cormie wrote: »

When you do shallow work (TV presenting) for a shallow audience (MTV viewers) you get shallow responses that refer to your looks. Shocking, I know.

MTV News

Ironically, commenting on "Everyone's favourite virgins" the Jonas Brothers.
    I find it very difficult to follow what she says, because of her accent and emphasis. Something about farting dogs. Breaking news.

Still though, she looks well. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sillysasauge

She has quite bad posture there and looks a bit awkward, Is that just me, or do any of you funny boards.ie chums agree. (hehehe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

She has quite bad posture there and looks a bit awkward, Is that just me, or do any of you funny boards.ie chums agree. (hehehe)

Looks ok. Looks female. As shes an mtv presenter little else matters. As 'teh irish sexy woman', it certainly puts her ahead of the oul trouts on TV3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sillysasauge

Nodin wrote: »
    Looks ok. Looks female. As shes an mtv presenter little else matters. As 'teh irish sexy woman', it certainly puts her ahead of the oul trouts on TV3.

You got it (burger king styleeee) But yeah you are definitely righty wighty, and tvs is for silly maggots, not like my lovely Glenad whoart In Dublin ( I am guessing at least) I'm not sure tbh HEHEHEHE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

She'll last less then a year and then end up presenting scam city on late night UTV.
    Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    ...or Expose or some teenage ****e on TV3
    And stop being mean. Or else her stepsister will come on again and tell you that you're just jealous... :rolleyes:
    Can't see how it wouldn't be jealousy though - I mean, what exactly are people moaning about? She's a presenter on MTV and... that's it. Jeez, what a c*nt she is...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Terry wrote: »
    That's Dudess at the start of the video.

well dudess, does terry speak the truth?

Indeed he does... not. Does she sound like she's from Cork? :p
    I did go to DCU the same time as Laura Whitmore though, and she seemed fairly sound.
    naasface wrote: »
    her voice gives irish people a bad rep.
    How? Just because she's an Irish person? It would surely take a tad more than that to give an entire population a bad rep.
    are we all that squeaky?
    Eh... no? She's squeaky and she's Irish - how would that mean all Irish people are squeaky? Strange logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I had no idea who she was until I read this thread.

There's some useless trivia for me so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

there's a gushing article/shoot of our hero in the sunday times today, I think she invented penicillin

Dudess wrote: »
    Indeed he does... not. Does she sound like she's from Cork? :p

hmmm, so i'm none the wiser on the topic of 'would i do dudess?'

Posting my pic on the internet... ah, I just don't wanna do it. :)
    It would just feel weird!

The jealousy and resentment on this thread is hilarious! :D
    parasite wrote: »
    there's a gushing article/shoot of our hero in the sunday times today, I think she invented penicillinTh
    There's always newspaper/magazine interviews with TV presenters - why such annoyance at this one in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I never heard of this girl nor do i watch MTV anymore yet i've read through all 4 pages of this thread! I hate myself.

• Advertisement

ok cool, i'll put you in with the yes's anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement