Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Warming Skeptics have bigger scientific backing than Global Warming Backers

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I generally don't respond to people who believe in conspiracy theories, as they mainly only hear what they want to hear.

I don't want to see chemtrails , i never asked for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I generally don't respond to people who believe in conspiracy theories, as they mainly only hear what they want to hear.
    Don't respond then , keep your nose up in your ivory tower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jman0

A question for the Global Warming "skeptics".
    I'm not going to read through this entire thread, however I understand some of the "skeptics" argue against C02's role as a greenhouse gas.

I'd like to hear if they've any explanations for this:
    Planet Venus, our sister planet.
    Atmosphere: 95% Co2
    Surface Temp: 460C
    Which makes it hotter than planet Mercury, despite that Mercury sits far closer to the sun, and always has the same face pointed at it.
    Explanations for Venus' temps?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

jman0 wrote: »
    Venus has fewer pirates?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

djpbarry wrote: »

Not only that but they also have a large numbers of anti-pirates. These contribute significantly to raising temprature, especially if they happen to come into direct contact with one of the few remaining pirates. Thence* ensues a mighty battle which releases vast quantities of heat and C02 into the atmosphere.

* It's a real word, I swear

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

jman0 wrote: »
    A question for the Global Warming "skeptics".
    I'm not going to read through this entire thread, however I understand some of the "skeptics" argue against C02's role as a greenhouse gas.

I'd like to hear if they've any explanations for this:
    Planet Venus, our sister planet.
    Atmosphere: 95% Co2
    Surface Temp: 460C
    Which makes it hotter than planet Mercury, despite that Mercury sits far closer to the sun, and always has the same face pointed at it.

I ant no expert on Venus or mars other than venus is for love and mars is for war in the olden days:D must have heard of that other species woman

just kidding .Really there is lots of astronomy forums that can tell you that info for venus

Mars atmoshere is predominatly CO2 as well and its freezing nearly close to ~0 degrees kelvin or ~ -250 C and in the day very hot ~50 C fom what I recall
    The Mars polar cap there is melting from global warming something to do with martians life forms and thier farting a methane gas a big global warming gas worse than CO2 and this is green housing the martins and is going to cook thier goose also

So I soppose we can declare Venus the winner in getting to CO2 green house runaway effect first but I figure a head start of being much closer to the heat source the sun helps to cook your goose sooner

The sckeptics here like me say there might be global warming but its unlikely man is the reason so if the sun is out to cook our goose well it might take a few hundred thousand years or maybe even a few million years

The average in between iceages is 100,000 years with 20,000 warm years in between so the cooling and heating time spans tend to be very very long

More chance to be hit by a bus than have your goose cooked on planet earth from GW from CO2:pac::pac::pac:

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

derry wrote: »
    Mars atmoshere is predominatly CO2 as well and its freezing nearly close to ~0 degrees kelvin or ~ -250 C and in the day very hot ~50 C fom what I recall

Its temps range from about -150C to +30C...with the lowest figure being in the depths of polar winter. "Normal" nighttime temps there are about -80C.

So nowhere near 0K.
    So I soppose we can declare Venus the winner in getting to CO2 green house runaway effect first but I figure a head start of being much closer to the heat source the sun helps to cook your goose sooner
    Being 2x closer to the sun gives Venus 4x the energy-by-area that Mars gets.

On the other hand, Venus' atmospheric density is some 90 times that of earth, while that of Mars is over 100 times less....meaning Venus has somewhere around 10,000 times the atmospheric density of Mars.
    The sckeptics here like me say there might be global warming but its unlikely man is the reason so if the sun is out to cook our goose well it might take a few hundred thousand years or maybe even a few million years
    Why do you keep misrepresenting the science of Global Warming as being about "cooking our goose"?
    More chance to be hit by a bus than have your goose cooked on planet earth from GW from CO2:pac::pac::pac:
    See...there you go....doing it again.

Its almost as though you don't actually know what the predictions regarding Global Warming are...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

bonkey wrote: »
    Why do you keep misrepresenting the science of Global Warming as being about "cooking our goose"?

This phrase will be eliminated by memetic selection. I should know, Richard Dawkins told me on the phone last night.

hey guys, for an intelligent debate involving people who actually know what they are talking about, please visit www.realclimate.org

If you claim to be in climate science feild then this reference is a pigs ear

Starting with "real" that sucks and is a no brainer flag that these guys are not there to inform the whole story but only thier one sided case

They might as well set up a sight called we only believe that man makes all global warming issues and will do everthing possible to prove it weather it true or not

That is the crappiest pro Mann hockey stick site on the planet and sure helps that Al Gore is a billionare to keep his pet projects bubbling along

Derry

...this reference is a pigs ear
    That's pretty rich, coming from you.

• Advertisement

djpbarry wrote: »
    That's pretty rich, coming from you.

That so and so hoser expat claims to be Climate scientist and that all climate scientists vote in favour of the CO2 GW Climate change is entirely the fault of mankind

As soon as any real debate shows him up as a cult following brainwashed believer in CO2 GW Climate change from mankind he not only decides to quit debating here on boards he decided that he will try to get everybody else to vacate to his favorite site.That's his Nirvana site where he can surround himself with other cult believer's and pretend the bad dream here in boards which us irish come to and where he got shaken in his belief system was all just a bad dream and the USA can save him

pigs ear is low level rebuff to this invitation to change to his football grounds so to speak but if you want to up the anti on his behalf I can say worse like stand his ground and debate same as the rest of us

There is only like a hard core of maybe 20 plus in this forum so what is he so scared of

Best I can see he is the only one here who is paid to study the subject if his claims are true or maybe hoser expat is just a cyber bot

BOOO

Derry

As soon as any real debate shows him up as a cult following brainwashed believer in CO2 GW Climate change from mankind...
    Real debate? I must have missed that. A debate usually involves a discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal. Reason is something that has been distinctly lacking from your posts.

Advertisement