Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Warming Skeptics have bigger scientific backing than Global Warming Backers

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

baldieman wrote: »

Really global warming is a debate and the trends are slow and subtle and can have many reasons to occour or not even occour

However for some on the extreme ends the case for global warming is a neo fachist cause to bring another new control to society versus for some who are skeptics it is a neo fachist cause to maintain the control on society they already have..
    Me its simple the global warming case is just is too weak to stand up even if you take some global waring from CO2 from mankind .However I keep an eye on it in case new results come in.But I do like bio fuels and renewables so as to help remove the grip the big energy companies have on society and hopefully finally get rid of that bunch of fachists . I am not very keen to replace them with a green brigade bunch of fachists .

here is another to look at the issue

http://www.andrewbostom.org/blog/

which has this graph that shows global warming trends are down wards
    http://www.andrewbostom.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/msucruco2.jpg

uploaded here to show for educational purposes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Sam Kade wrote: »
    If you want to see how much Al Gore believes in what he preaches look at this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6rtp296RTU&feature=channel

Well, is Gore actually preaching that individuals should intensely regulate their lives to ensure that their "carbon footprint" is minimal? Or is he campaigning for changes in government policy. If the former, he is a hypocrite; if the latter, he is not.

djpbarry wrote: »
    Nope, not really.
    I would advise you to read the Bible, djp! There are a lot of misconceptions around about who Jesus was and what he did, and reading the Gospels will dispel many of this misinformation. Even better, the Bible contains the historical record of Jesus, who came to earth to provide the bridge to God that we need.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

baldieman wrote: »

The emphasis being on slightly, I prefer this one myself.
    serioulyguys.jpg

gerky wrote: »
    The emphasis being on slightly, I prefer this one myself.
    serioulyguys.jpg
    Twas a good cartoon a few years back when Australia was in deep drought. Since then the rains came back as per the normal cycle of long droughts and rivers flow and dams are full. Even the The snow has returned to give tinsil town Los Vagas a white christmas.Seems to me the ice agers are in the acendasy and pinguins are the new food crop to harvest when the 5 mile thick ice sheet arrives on top of Ireland any day.
    Nobody pays me to say the things I see it just comon sence that all these scientists sell out to the hihghest bidder the globall warmers or the iceagers ,simple really. If all cimate scientist agree there is no issue no bogie man they all get the heave ho and end up packing shelves in dunnes stores .

Derry

• Advertisement

derry wrote: »
    Twas a good cartoon a few years back when Australia was in deep drought. Since then the rains came back as per the normal cycle of long droughts and rivers flow and dams are full. Even the The snow has returned to give tinsil town Los Vagas a white christmas.Seems to me the ice agers are in the acendasy and pinguins are the new food crop to harvest when the 5 mile thick ice sheet arrives on top of Ireland any day.
    Nobody pays me to say the things I see it just comon sence that all these scientists sell out to the hihghest bidder the globall warmers or the iceagers ,simple really. If all cimate scientist agree there is no issue no bogie man they all get the heave ho and end up packing shelves in dunnes stores .

Derry

I somehow doubt you saw that exact same cartoon, as I only put the writing on it about twenty seconds before I posted it:)

Also the cartoon isn't really relating to drought or desertification, its to do with the old saying of someone sticking their head in the sand to avoid hearing or seeing something.

I'm not in the mood of getting in to a long posting session so I'll keep believing what I do which tends to be peer reviewed scientific research and you can believe what you do, okay.

gerky wrote: »
    I somehow doubt you saw that exact same cartoon, as I only put the writing on it about twenty seconds before I posted it:)

Also the cartoon isn't really relating to drought or desertification, its to do with the old saying of someone sticking their head in the sand to avoid hearing or seeing something.

I'm not in the mood of getting in to a long posting session so I'll keep believing what I do which tends to be peer reviewed scientific research and you can believe what you do, okay.

When I hit quote button it dragged in the cartoon as well
    Anyway in my younger days I belived in the Ice age and guess what every year through the 70s it got colder weather.The in the hot nineties I belived the global warmers and guess what it got hotter. Then in the 2000 I figured it was a fashion and a scam and quess what now sometimes it cold and sometimes its hot

Sycomoligal I think all this believe system until you see who buys up the global warmers to keep them in cushy jobs and who buys the Iceagers to keep them in cushy jobs

Happy newe neutral climate year

Derry

When I hit quote button it dragged in the cartoon as well
    Anyway in my younger days I belived in the Ice age and guess what every year through the 70s it got colder weather.The in the hot nineties I belived the global warmers and guess what it got hotter. Then in the 2000 I figured it was a fashion and a scam and quess what now sometimes it cold and sometimes its hot

Sycomoligal I think all this believe system until you see who buys up the global warmers to keep them in cushy jobs and who buys the Iceagers to keep them in cushy jobs

Happy newe neutral climate year

Derry

Sorry but I'm honestly not sure what your trying to say, you quoted my post which was a cartoon and one line about the cartoon claiming you had seen it before years ago but you couldn't have so if your weren't responding to me posting the cartoon why else would you be responding to me?

As regards the the rest of your post I'm equally confused, but as I said I'm not looking for a pointless posting back and forth spree.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Your "comon sence" [sic] has one major flaw: it's completely unsupported by anything resembling evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Your "comon sence" [sic] has one major flaw: it's completely unsupported by anything resembling evidence.

That's the nature of common sense. It's a label for saying "my belief", and a belief can be defensible or it might be no more than a simple prejudice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RocketShip

oscarBravo wrote: »

You know how to get government grants, maybe you should get him a grant to research "global warming", just make sure that you leave out the fact he is a "DENIER".

What evidence has anyone got???

You get a model, decide the results you want and reverse engineer the whole thing. Piece of piss. The whole thing is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

hey guys, for an intelligent debate involving people who actually know what they are talking about, please visit www.realclimate.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 eco8

i'm no expert or scientist, but i do care about my health. i want to live to a healthy age and have a healthy life. i don't know for sure if global warming is another propoganda campaign. i rarely believe any big issue in the media anymore. however what i do know is the fact that people are dying from all sorts of diseases, people's bodies are attacking themselves. chemicals/pollution is the problem. i care the environment because i care about my health. you should really think about how many chemicals that surround you right now, the varnishes that are applied to the table you use, the radiation from your screen, the flame retardant couch, the shampoo you used, the toothpaste you used, the chemicals in the water that didn't quite get filtered, the preservatives in the food you ate and the drink you drank, the clothes you wear cotton being the most sprayed by pesticides,

and many many more inhaled and absorbed into your skin, of course there are more diseases now than there were before. logically it makes sense, so don't you think it's a good idea to care about your health and maybe live longer?

this means one would indeed care about the environment. it's about protecting nature because we rely on nature to survive and nourish us. so i really don't care if what the media and governments are saying is true or not, but i am happy that certain green things have tax breaks and it is enouraged to recycle, it's good for the environment and in turn good for us

PlantPot wrote: »
    And what has caring for the environment got to do with global warming??

You speak of real issues, things we all care about. Those are the issues that should be tackled, but are they?? Of course not. Where are fed pictures of polar bears and melted ice. Laughable, until this is used as an excuse to collapse the global economy and enforce the scam known as carbon taxes.

You obviously don't get my point. Carbon taxes are good, they encourage people to buy cleaner products, therefore; cleaner environment and therefore cleaner air to breath, therefore we live healthier longer lives, get it?

Not all green products are good for people, I am selective in the products I choose. I want my environment to be as chemical free as possible and like I said I'm happy that these laws and taxes are changing. It's good for us. Just because other people don't want to care about the chemicals they use in order to have an easy life and complain about unfair taxes. I view these taxes like I view the smoking bann, we all have a choice now to live in a clean environment and if global warming is the so called fake excuse used, then I don't care. bring it on

^^ sorry about the font, don't know how to fix that

EDIT now fixed

you, my friend, have been had.

I suggest you visit a recycling plant, see the truth behind the media image. You'll be shocked. I don't have any betters, I don't need scams to help change my world views.

haha, i'm intrigued now, what exactly goes on in a recycling plant in your view?

Not my view, reality.

You take in say three lorry loads of rubbish. Pick out anything valuable, I mean anything that is literally jumping out at you. The rest is put in giant compressing machines where the three lorry loads is compressed into 1. The profit is in the compression.

That is it. And anyway, all rubbish should be burnt, it is more energy intensive to recycle materials than create new products.

do you have an links to support this other than telling me to go down and look for myself? have you personally been down to a recycling plant? if so, which one? also you're talking about recyling alone, are these plants owned by private or public? makes a difference, what about all the other issues? cars are now taxed based on their emmissions, thats great news. green environmentally friendly projects get grants and tax breaks, thats great imo. using renewable energy sources is cost effective in the long run and clean for the air, what exactly are you saying is the harm in the so called fake propoganda for global warming? as i said before, its a healthier option for everyone, surely you can't deny that, your issue just seems to be with the tax right? and the inconvenience of having to separate your rubbish maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

The rest is put in giant compressing machines where the three lorry loads is compressed into 1. The profit is in the compression.
    And then what?
    And anyway, all rubbish should be burnt, it is more energy intensive to recycle materials than create new products.
    Nonsense.

This has been proven.

Okay prove it, show us a proper report, notice I said proper, not a blog or an article in a tabloid.

On a separate issue, Hi casey.

I was going to link to an IPCC report, but as you want something proper than is out the window.

Alright, mate?

Nope, a smart ass quip isn't proof and you claimed it had been proven so show us the proof.

• Advertisement

They are not proper reports, they're newspaper links both on the claims of one person.
    If I get an article published in a paper does that mean its true?
    When have I even been smart assed?

When asked for proof your retort was something about the ipcc which has nothing to do with waste management.

it is more energy intensive to recycle materials than create new products.
    Obviously you think it is more economical to recycle trollish talking points than to create new ones!

By the way casey maybe you should keep a better record of what you post under your different names.

On the 13th of September you posted the same link to japantimes. :D

'casey’ you’re full of sh*t lol, I see the way you conveniently ignore the other points I made. I want to breath cleaner air and if it means wannabe rich guys can’t afford to pay tax on a fancy car that contributes to the bad air then I’m all for it. Private companies have a reputation for not giving a crap about anything but the bottom line. I’m against privatization therefore it makes sense that your ‘mate’ is a gangster. You didn’t say which plant you went to btw, I’d like to know what bull you’re spouting just for the sake of trying to win a very weak argument that you have hehe I’m all for the global warming propaganda!!! Fake or true, it doesn’t matter to me coz I know as well as you do the less big cars on the road the better for the air that we breath and longer we live. If you become more greener you pay less in the end, so what exactly is your problem? this is an opportunity to save money in the long run. become self sustaining and ‘save the polar bears’ lol

Gerk, what was true then is still true now.

So your admitting that your the same person, good that's progress.

Before your banned yet again, why do you bother going to the trouble of signing up over and over?

Do you have a lot of spare time? Do you actually believe all you rant about or are just posting over and over again to try and annoy people?

Gerk, what was true then is still true now.

Why are you even posting about recycling in a climate change thread?

I never hide who I am. One must make people aware of this climate change scam, before we are all in chains.

And this trolling stuff, a troll would have given up long ago.

In ten years you lot will be shocked about how naive you were, this "greening" movement will have been used to take away any few remaining rights.

Yes you do, You have pretended to be several different people, you even pretended to be a blond teenage girl at one point.

You keep making these claims yet never have proper proof to back them up, again you'll notice I said proper such as real peer reviewed reports/studies.

If you can't accept scientific consensus then surely you won't accept anything around you, you'll never take medicine, never eat food, never use any technology and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

And yes, I come at this with some relevant background. I have a PhD in earth sciences, am a professor that has researched climate change, and my work has been quoted by the IPCC.

What are the chemtrails about , do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

espinolman wrote: »
    What are the chemtrails about , do you think?

I see i got no answer to this question , i did not think i would , i first noticed nine years ago that the contrails off aeroplanes were not dissipating over dublin,they use to disappear very quickly , i have heard nothing from the media about this but of course we do not have a free media here in ireland .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

espinolman wrote: »
    I see i got no answer to this question , i did not think i would , i first noticed nine years ago that the contrails off aeroplanes were not dissipating over dublin,they use to disappear very quickly , i have heard nothing from the media about this but of course we do not have a free media here in ireland .

I generally don't respond to people who believe in conspiracy theories, as they mainly only hear what they want to hear.

Advertisement