Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd Secret of Fatima

Options
  • 12-12-2008 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

The third part of the secret revealed at the Cova da Iria-Fátima, on 13 July 1917.

I write in obedience to you, my God, who command me to do so through his Excellency the Bishop of Leiria and through your Most Holy Mother and mine.

After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: 'Penance, Penance, Penance!'. And we saw in an immense light that is God: ‘something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White 'we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.

The first 2 secrets are accepted and are available here.

There are many who say that the third secret is wrong, did not happen yet or contains more text that what is released:
    4th Secret of Fatima?

Concerned Catholics immediately contrasted what the Vatican revealed as the complete Third Secret with what Cardinal Ratzinger had said about it in 1984. In his famous interview with Vittorio Messori, Cardinal Ratzinger said the Secret concerns “the dangers threatening the faith and life of the Christian, and therefore the world. And also the importance of the last times (novissimi).” The Cardinal further explained that “things contained in this Third Secret correspond to what is announced in Scripture and are confirmed by many other Marian apparitions ...”

Yet the vision of a Pope being killed by soldiers does not necessarily reflect the “dangers threatening the faith”, nor does it necessarily correspond to the “last times”. Further, one can search “other Marian apparitions” in vain to find any reference to prophecy of a pope being shot by a group of soldiers. Nor is there any reference to such an event in Scripture.

Was the 3rd secret the shooting of John Paul? It does not seem this way!!

Penance with Confession, fasting and prayer seem to be Our Lady's messages. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

By the way:

The 1846 Prophecy from 1846 to the End of the World is here:

http://www.thepopeinred.com/secret.htm

It predicts everything with seemingly 100% accuracy thus far. Is this the end of times? Does the antichrist walk among us? :confused:

1. Penance
    2. Fasting
    3. Confession
    4. Prayer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Whos conspiring what?

Whos conspiring what?

Suggestions that conspiracy is happening to cover up the 3rd secret. Somebody's hands are been forced. The 3rd secret was unusual and was not yet fulfilled. Also, it would seem that there is another part yet to come if the comments by our current Pope in 1984 are accurate.

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Suggestions that conspiracy is happening to cover up the 3rd secret. Somebody's hands are been forced. The 3rd secret was unusual and was not yet fulfilled. Also, it would seem that there is another part yet to come if the comments by our current Pope in 1984 are accurate.

Thats assuming you buy into the first 2.

Thats assuming you buy into the first 2.

Our Lady's secrets and apparition messages should be read by everyone. They are important for the world, especially young people in the end of times.

Just read all the messages from Our Lady. Society is all muddled up and people are walking around in a daze not knowing what is going on. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Not if there made up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

I remember I got book written by Sr. Faustina a while back after visiting Fatima. As best as I can remember she revealed the 3rd mystery in the book, it was something innocous, but having said that I can't remember much of the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_of_Fatima

Not really a prophecy when you release it after the fact is it?

King Mob wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_of_Fatima

Not really a prophecy when you release it after the fact is it?

The prophicies of 1846 cannot be disputed. Also, the 3rd secret of Fatima may yet be fulfilled before the second coming.

Here is a revelation to Saint Birgitta, He is angered by us sinners but we come back to him humbly and stop persisting sinning then we are forgiven. However, once you see the True way you must immediately take action to ammend your life, you cannot wait:

"However, since man, who has been given free will, voluntarily scorns my commandments and consents to the devil, then it is only just that he should also experience the devil's tyranny. The devil was created good by me but fell through his own wicked will and has, as it were, become my servant for inflicting retribution on the wicked. Although I am now so despised, nevertheless I am still so merciful that I will forgive the sins of any who ask for my mercy and who humble themselves, and I shall free them from the evil thief. But I shall visit my justice upon those who persist in holding me in contempt, and hearing it they will tremble and those who experience it will say: 'Alas, that we were ever born or conceived, alas, that we ever provoked the Lord of majesty to wrath!'"

Gareth

Can you explain what the 3 prophicies are? And what events the first 2 foretold? And lastly what they think the 3rd one means.

So many links to different sites on this forum its hard to read them all. I remember hearing about them in school and always wondered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

In fairness, I think religious prophecies would be the last thing that the vatican would be covering up.

I remember I got book written by Sr. Faustina a while back after visiting Fatima. As best as I can remember she revealed the 3rd mystery in the book, it was something innocous, but having said that I can't remember much of the 90's.

Sister wrote no books. She wrote a diary which is published, I read a lot of it last week. It doesn't mention the 3rd secret as far as I can see. I will check more.

It discusses Christ's great Mercy for those who look for His mercy in the end of times.

One thing that Christ makes clear; that anyone, no matter how hardened a sinner, can look for His Mercy. I was a very very bad sinner myself, absolutely disgusting. I had to figure out a good bit about the world before realising that I was being conned in so many ways. I then knew I made a big mistake.

For sinners who say it between 3 and 4pm you get big grace for being obediant at this time of the day.

http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/dmmap.htm

The above link gives details, you can get the creed online too. :) If you ask for spiritual help, guidance or enlightenment and ask from the bottom of your heart you will get it. You must pray from the bottom of your heart and discuss with God any issues. Don't ask for materialistic things or made made success etc.

But on topic I have to say that Sister Faustina's revelations don't deal with the issue of end of times much but deal with His Mercy for people who want to change, especially towards these difficult end of times. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭knoxor

bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

If we were only able to decipher the above text, we would be able to unlock the meaning of life and the secrets of eternal happiness, eternal life, peace on earth, mysteries of the Universe and who's gonna win the 4.30 at Chepstow tomorrow.

Come on people, are you really serious about this ?

this was her originial + the 3rd mystery, which she was permitted to add at a later date. I remember because I went straight to it first. I could be wrong though.

Think maybe you can stay on topic please?

How can something be a prophecy when it isn't revealed until after the event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Jesus1222

Was the 3rd secret the shooting of John Paul? It does not seem this way!!

Yes there is a conspiracy. It's a frightening death cult called the Catholic Church. Go for a nice walk and smell the fresh air next time it's nice out. Enjoy your life and forget about such nonsense.

Gareth

Can you explain what the 3 prophicies are? And what events the first 2 foretold? And lastly what they think the 3rd one means.

So many links to different sites on this forum its hard to read them all. I remember hearing about them in school and always wondered.

The conversion of Russia to God was the main prophecy and this occured during the cold war. You can say that this was brought about if you wish and you will say this. The 3rd part of the secret is the prophecy of the Pope and Im not sure if it has been fulfilled despite such claims.

The 1846 La Sallette prophecy is a complete prophecy from 1846 until the end. :(

Because no matter what the subject of the so called "secret" is, the Church will wait long enough for enough events to pass that it can mould the secret in the shape of the events or vice versa. It's absolute claptrap.

Has the event even occured :confused: The 3rd secret fortels something that has not occured yet as far as I can see. Plus the current Pope is quoted as saying that it had different revelations in 1984.

The conversion of Russia to God was the main prophecy and this occured during the cold war.

You have absolutely no clue about Cold War Soviet Union. This statement is factually untrue and complete nonsense.

• Advertisement

Has the event even occured :confused: The 3rd secret fortels something that has not occured yet as far as I can see. Plus the current Pope is quoted as saying that it had different revelations in 1984.
    Well the 2nd secret was revealed after the fact as was the third.

I see no reason to believe that the kids at Fatima predicted anything.

Jesus1222 wrote: »
    Because no matter what the subject of the so called "secret" is, the Church will wait long enough for enough events to pass that it can mould the secret in the shape of the events or vice versa. It's absolute claptrap.

Open your eyes man. Stop living in a daze. Your eyes are blurred by wonders on the TV and in the papers. 95% young people are like you. Wandering around life thinking that God is not. I wandered for long enough. If you pray from the bottom of your heart you will get all your questions answered. The world is false con job but God is real.

Its time young people like ourselves started asking questions about this man made world rather than asking questions about God.

Yes, your entitled to your opinion in this made made and man controlled world (expect if your opinion oppose our fascist rulers of course) but there are lot of fake stuff out there including the financial system of the world, the media, Governments that rule the world and merchants that are trying to stuff things in our face. God is there and if you want to make a connection with Him He is there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It seems many people cant keep on topic here. Just because you dont share the view's of the OP doesnt give license to knock him as a result.

Anyway, back on topic. The third secret was not released when Sr Lucia requested it to be as the Pope believed that more or less, it could potentially accelerate the events of which it contained.

Then the secret was released a few years ago and many people believe its fabricated or edited. There are bishops in the Vatican who believe its nonsense, there was one Bishop/Cardinal dude (cant remember his name) who left as a result of it and has been lobbying for the real text to be realised. Of course the Vatican say there is no other text.

If you compare the text of all 3 secrets side by side, the third secret text differs a great deal than the first 2 and offers a very symbolic message instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yes, your entitled to your opinion in this made made and man controlled world (expect if your opinion oppose our fascist rulers of course) but there are lot of fake stuff out there including the financial system of the world, the media, Governments that rule the world and merchants that are trying to stuff things in our face. God is there and if you want to make a connection with Him He is there.

I think this is a perfect example of 'doublethink' right here ;)

I think it's deliciously ironic that while you talk about the 'fake' institutions, you blindly eat up all stuff the vatican (the most corrupt, hypocritical, destructive institution of all) throws at you.

Open your eyes man. Stop living in a daze. Your eyes are blurred by wonders on the TV and in the papers. 95% young people are like you. Wandering around life thinking that God is not. I wandered for long enough. If you pray from the bottom of your heart you will get all your questions answered. The world is false con job but God is real.

I was brought up extremely Catholically....I decided when I grew up that it was absolute ballsox. I spend a lot of time thinking about the nature of the Universe and I've even been to 1 or 2 meditations, thanks very much. Religious drones can't get their head around the fact that if you're not religious (specifically Catholic in this country anyway) you have no idea about life, the Universe or morality. I think the opposite is the case.

Its time young people like ourselves started asking questions about this man made world rather than asking questions about God.

This is mindless, pathetic and intellectual horse manure. I find it offensive.

Get help. Quick.

This is going OT, so I'll bow out here.

Jesus1222 wrote: »
    You have absolutely no clue about Cold War Soviet Union. This statement is factually untrue and complete nonsense.

This statement is redundant. Neither of you can prove your point either way and each standpoint is a valid as the other. IN my opinion there is only one person here being offensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Gareth37, how many forums are you banned from now on boards for spouting the same fundamentalist christian relgious crap all the time ?

It's not funny anymore you are actually a dangerous person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The Third Secret of Fatima*:

"The Luas will pass you by but you will never get your own station."

*Ssshhh it's a secret

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Gareth37, how many forums are you banned from now on boards for spouting the same fundamentalist christian relgious crap all the time ?

It's not funny anymore you are actually a dangerous person.

Dangerous? I would never harm anybody. There are many people on here mocking, liers and atheists who refute the messages and warnings of Our Lady.

The messages are real.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Gareth what do you think the "real" third prochey is, when do you think itll be revealed ?

Advertisement