Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Banning modified exhausts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

modm3 wrote: »
    Not a tangent at all, it caleed into for some serious consideration if you're unlucky enough to be the cause of an accident - To add, what is the validity of your insurance with a "modified" exhaust on a car either ??? As long as it's been declared, but how many actually are ?

You see the Gardai instructing insurance companies to severely restrict cover on yellow plates, might not stop there.

Some good points about the actual powerful cars not being a noise nuisance, but the dressed up, worn out shopping trolleys that are !

Would probably depend on the company your with. My guess would be that if you're trying to get cash out of Quinn and not everything is spot on, it could be quite difficult to get anything at all

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Actually, draffodx what exhaust would you recommend? something not too loud but a nice sound to it when it gets going at high revs. crx with a b16b btw!

not sure if you can get one to fit but look for a mugen twinloop, mad expensive and rare though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭jmck87

As said before....the exhausts arent the problem....its the idiotic, inconsiderate drivers.

As for the NCT....f*ck them. And if you think you HAVE to do the NCT...if every car driver in the country didnt do it would we all get fined? The only people that think they have to abide by stupid laws are living in fear of the man. I had to retest my Levin 3 times to get passed....because each time the ''tester'' found something else wrong with it that the others hadnt ''noticed''. Ended up getting the retests free of charge.

I dont mean to slate people working as mechanics....but the only reason the NCT exists is to keep the car maintenance industry moving. Modern cars dont break as easily these days.... there wouldnt be more accidents without the NCT.

Bit off topic....but is it true the oil temp has to be a certain temperature before the NCT jokers will test emmissions?! Mate of mine claims he had to drive his 5 series beemer for an hour to get her up to temp....if thats true....make up your own minds....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

everyone knows the nct is a money racket with retests needed for nothing but it does have its uses, they do take cars that are lethal off the road, i know of cars that they impounded because they were too dangerous to drive.

if every car in Ireland failed to have an nct cert of course we'd all get fined, the government would love it, they'd have a reason to pull a lot more money out of our pockets than the nct fee.

Yes the oil temprature has to be at running temprature to give the correct reading, whats wrong with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭jmck87

draffodx wrote: »
    Yes the oil temprature has to be at running temprature to give the correct reading, whats wrong with that?

Buy a 5 series BMW and youll see.....not that Id recommend you buy one lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Was any body listening to the Matt Cooper on today FM.

There was some idiot talking about how he is gona make the roads safer by banning cars with modified exhausts or exhausts over a certain db.

This drives me insane:mad::mad::mad:. How would this possibly make the roads safer?????

when you dump your clutch and rev all the way through first gear to hear the rasp of your cheap knock off back box, the noise distracts me, the humble driver and thus accidents happen.... is it rocket science ??

No, if the exhaust is a performance one, that straight swaps with a silencer ( loud but not too loud ) it should be legal, anything else apart from stock - Ban it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

draffodx wrote: »
    not sure if you can get one to fit but look for a mugen twinloop, mad expensive and rare though

dont think it would fit :(

Also, whats the story with that anyway, the extra pipe that is!

prod_image_39.jpg

also I found a Mongoose exhaust system which seems pretty good, just not sure about the noise off it as its also decated.

Advertisement