Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roberts WM201

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭egal

Got this message on the 202 earlier. I am already running the version with adjustable brightness, contrast, etc. Anyone else experience this message? Anyone know what this update does?

Also, the five internet station presets are a bit "iffy" on my 202. Sometimes when I switch on they are there. At other times I get the messsage "Preset Empty".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭decies

I updated anyway dont know what it is.Never had preset problems got roberts 202 before xmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

decies wrote: »
    Try adding this to my favourites frontier silicon,five live to hear matches http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/live/surestream.ram

Try adding this five live sports extra link
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/live/surestream_sportsextra.ram

Sorry, but would you mind walking us through that in a little more detail? :o I have two folders within my favourites, one for radio and the other for podcasts. I have 5 live (and sports extra) under my radio, found them by searching for them under Stations on the Frontier site. I presume these are region blocked for matches, I don't listen to much other than Mark Kermode. If I add the links you've provided how do I manually put them into my favourites? They're currently in my added stations. If I click the heart/minus symbol it just deletes it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭decies

Meant My added stations.
    Sorry that was clear as mud on my part.Right go my added stations - add another station-
    Station name :five live
    Station url:http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/live/surestream.ram
    Genre :Sports + Talk
    Type :real audio
    Press blue arrow

Station name:
    Five live sports extra
    Station Url:http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/live/surestream_sportsextra.ram
    Location London
    Genre:Sports
    Type :Real audio
    Press Blue arrow.

Right i was listening to five live sports extra with cricket on it today so we know that works.
    Cant try the premership games on five live yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks for that...tried listening briefly yesterday via my browser rather than Roberts radio, didn't hear any messages about restrictions.

Not sure what that last minor ish software update included, maybe a few minor tweaks - the level of contrast, etc.

• Advertisement

Another 202 software update today. Anyone any idea what this one does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Schlipp

egal wrote: »
    Another 202 software update today. Anyone any idea what this one does?

I wasn't asked for another update today, but was a couple of days ago. I accepted (not sure why one should accept or not) and it doesn't seem to have made any difference so far.

I guess as the radio is more like a computer then every so often it needs to update software as computers do.

http://www.robertsradio.co.uk/assets/User_guides/Internet_Radios_PDFs/STREAM202_software_update.pdf

The recent update seems to be mostly to do with stability, network compability, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭jacaranda

My roberts wm201 is wonderful, but occasionally the display goes blank and I can't read anything. The light stays on and its all that lovely bl;uish colour, but the text all disappears?

Is this usual?

My Roberts 202 occasionally shuts itself when I'm searching through the stations, but it tends to resolve itself pretty quickly. I suppose it's not much different than a browser quitting without notice.

• Advertisement

Has anyone added an extra speaker to their 202?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭jacaranda

Has anyone added an extra speaker to their 202?

As it already has 2 speakers, why would you want to add a third?

I sometimes plug mine into my home hi fi and play it through my wonderful; Kef 100 watt speakers to get a wonderful sound. But I think the stereo speakers in the 202 itself produce quite a good sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 EGirl

Hi all,
    just got my Roberts 202. Does anyone have urls for bbc radio 4 and bbc radion 7 live streams??? I want to add to 'my added stations' but can't find the urls....
    Also, any idea how I can get my Roberts to retain the time setting? It defaults to gmt but if I reset it to summertime, then it defaults to gmt again when I switch off...bl~~dy annoying"
    Any help appreciated. Loving internet radio but bought it specifically to listen to BBC radio and want the live stream as well as Listen Again.
    Thanks

Not sure on the time setting, is your firmware up to date?

Can you not just add the BBC stations as favourites? I'm not sure if there's any difference between that and other streams. E.g., logging onto wifi-frontier, creating an account and searching (select stations rather than podcasts), search for BBC radio 4 and adding it to your favourites with the heart/+ symbol? This should then sync with your radio. That's how I've organised mine. :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Radiofeeds.co.uk is handy

http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/wmp.asp

Thanks a million, that worked a treat! Not sure what's going on with the time, but in a few weeks it won't matter anyway, I can live with it and it only takes a second to change.
    Can I ask you, isn't it possible to pause, fast forward or go back during podasts? I've small kids and am frequently interrupted, as you'd imagine. It drives me mad that I've missed a bit, and have to listen to the whole thing all over again!
    Thanks, help is much appreciated/

I'm afraid it's not possible to pause, rewind or fast forward while listening to podcasts - a real nuisance. :(

How to change from Winter time to Summer time is explained on pages 57 and 58 of the user manual (enhanced version). :)

The lack of pause is annoying. I like the favourites thing as I've different folders for BBC, NPR, podcasts, jazz, etc.

Thanks guys. Pity about the pause function. I've got it working well now and it's holding the time change. I love it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭IRISHROVER98

i watch alot of nfl and what i would is to hear the american commentary, can i use this in ireland to listen to radio stations in america?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

It's possible, but I know that the NFL charge a subscription to listen to games online, so I would say they don't stations to stream live games, similar to premiership football.

what is the price of the roberts internet radio does anyone know?

200 quid on http://www.peats.ie/

Roberts STREAMTIME Wi-Fi/FM Radio, is this a good one to get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Oscardela

tbh wrote: »

DID Electric have them at €169.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Oscardela wrote: »
    DID Electric have them at €169.95.

Powercity for €161.95 http://www.powercity.ie/?par=30-01-WM202B&brands=ROBERTS :):):)

You may well get another 10% off at power city if you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

tbh wrote: »
    You may well get another 10% off at power city if you ask.

Thats good to know. So say €145 a take away price.:) Nice.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Oscardela

Greenman wrote: »
    Thats good to know. So say €145 a take away price.:) Nice.:)

I usually consider Tottenham Court Road in London to be one of the chepest places to but electronic goods. The best price I could haggle for there last week for the Roberts, old or new, was £135 which means power city's list price of €161 is about the same as that, and if you can haggle to get it reduced, thats even better value than tottenham Court road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 bridget lee

Can anyone help me - I bought a Pure Evoke flow internet radio 3 yrs ago and have found it constantly difficult to manage so I am giving up on it as the Pure website offers no help. Would anyone recommend a Roberts Intenet radio and if so which model? I basically want to access BBC stations particularly Radio4 - I live in County Clare.

Advertisement