Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best prank you've pulled?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tedstriker

Covered a car with post-it notes, took ages but was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

tedstriker wrote: »

Always wanted to this but never had the commitment. Tell me its overrated :(

Did wrap a guys car in clingfilm though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Haha genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

It was during a summer spent in the US on a J1. Four of us were living in this house, myself and the other two guys were all staying in what was a converted garage (like a granny flat) while the girl of the group was in the main house in a room on the ground floor. The landlord lived in a bedroom in the converted attic/second floor. To get into the house from our "room" you could use a door in the front and walk through the house's front door or use our back door and go in the back door. Also the girls room didn't have a door just a curtain and if the TV in the sitting room was any wa loud she could hear everything. Also its worth pointing out that we rarely used the front door of our "room".

Anyway the prank:
    The landlord was gone off somewhere for a week so she was all alone in the house, because of some late hours closing the place we worked in myself and another one of the lads came home late. We watched the TV with the other guy but then decided on some fun. The TV had a bunch of remotes for the surround sound, DVD player, satellite etc and it could get confusing as they are all similar. We took the one for the satellite because it could turn the TV on from standby and had some control over the sound. We all left and suposedly went to sleep, after 30 minutes (she had gone to bed an hour or so before we left) we snuck out of our front door to the sitting room window and turned on the TV and turned it up as loud as it would go, then quickly went back in. We could hear her storm out into the sitting room, pause and turn off the TV. We were lucky that she only turned it off by putting it on stand by with the TV remote.
    We snuck back out and went through the same thing 2 or 3 more times, never turning on our light and always making sure we were in bed when she came to turn off the TV. Eventually she stormed into our room (remember she had to out through the back door to get to us), she threw open our door then stopped dead in her tracks. She whispered in a scared voice "someone is in the house" and "woke" us up. Unfortunatly the lad she went to couldn't keep a straight face and started laughing out loud at her and the gig was up.
    She was pissed but saw the funny side and aparently she had been really frightened when she stormed in and found us "asleep" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I once played this prank on old friends of mine. The reason why I played it was because they took my favourite teddy when I was only young. My friends names are Kate and Gerry McCann.

I'm actually still playing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

Unpossible wrote: »
    It was during a summer spent in the US on a J1. Four of us were living in this house, myself and the other two guys were all staying in what was a converted garage (like a granny flat) while the girl of the group was in the main house in a room on the ground floor. The landlord lived in a bedroom in the converted attic/second floor. To get into the house from our "room" you could use a door in the front and walk through the house's front door or use our back door and go in the back door. Also the girls room didn't have a door just a curtain and if the TV in the sitting room was any wa loud she could hear everything. Also its worth pointing out that we rarely used the front door of our "room".

Anyway the prank:
    The landlord was gone off somewhere for a week so she was all alone in the house, because of some late hours closing the place we worked in myself and another one of the lads came home late. We watched the TV with the other guy but then decided on some fun. The TV had a bunch of remotes for the surround sound, DVD player, satellite etc and it could get confusing as they are all similar. We took the one for the satellite because it could turn the TV on from standby and had some control over the sound. We all left and suposedly went to sleep, after 30 minutes (she had gone to bed an hour or so before we left) we snuck out of our front door to the sitting room window and turned on the TV and turned it up as loud as it would go, then quickly went back in. We could hear her storm out into the sitting room, pause and turn off the TV. We were lucky that she only turned it off by putting it on stand by with the TV remote.
    We snuck back out and went through the same thing 2 or 3 more times, never turning on our light and always making sure we were in bed when she came to turn off the TV. Eventually she stormed into our room (remember she had to out through the back door to get to us), she threw open our door then stopped dead in her tracks. She whispered in a scared voice "someone is in the house" and "woke" us up. Unfortunatly the lad she went to couldn't keep a straight face and started laughing out loud at her and the gig was up.
    She was pissed but saw the funny side and aparently she had been really frightened when she stormed in and found us "asleep" :D

hahaha brilliant it actually reminds me of when I was away during a summer spent in the US on a J1. Four of us were living in this house, myself and the other two guys were all staying in what was a converted garage (like a granny flat) while the girl of the group was in the main house in a room on the ground floor. The landlord lived in a bedroom in the converted attic/second floor. To get into the house from our "room" you could use a door in the front and walk through the house's front door or use our back door and go in the back door. Also the girls room didn't have a door just a curtain and if the TV in the sitting room was any wa loud she could hear everything. Also its worth pointing out that we rarely used the front door of our "room".

Anyway the prank:

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

Put cling film over the toilet once. The screams from the bathroom were worth it. Was funny until i realised that i was made clean the place up..

Worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Flatmate in uni left his room door open while he walked to tescos (about 20-30 minutes walk (there and back)), so took a screwdriver to ALL of the furniture in the room, stuffed it into various closets around the apartment, and then moved the kitchen furniture (TV, couches, and coffee table) into his room.
    So when he got back he found us all drinking tea with biscuits and watching a DVD in his room.
    Look on his face was priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Sending a valentines card to a girl signed from a friend of mine who she fancied at the time (we were 15 btw!). When we told her four days later she burst out crying.

Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

When I was younger both my dad and my brother had these baskets that held their clothes

When I was around 8 I'd wait till my dad was in the shower then run in and steal all his clothes baskets and replace them with the ones containing my little brothers clothes.

He'd be so half asleep in the mornings that he'd not twig about it until he still couldn't pull the clothes on.

Then hide in the next room and giggle while I listened to him getting all confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

About two months ago we got the spare key to my friends car. At first we just messed around with it- changing the seat position, turning the air conditioning on full and other small adjustments. Took my friend ages to realise what had happened as he couldn't understand how things were being moved around in a locked car.

Before he found out though we moved his car from the car park where he had left it to the road right outside our school. We watched as he walked straight past his own car and into the car park. When he saw another car in his place he freaked out and rang the guards. We didn't know what to do so we played along. Anyways about 15 minutes after the two guards arrived they spotted his car and told him he must have forgotten where he parked it and gave out Shlt to him for wasting their time. The look on his face as he protested his innocence was priceless

We still haven't told him it was us although we have returned the spare key.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Toosey

I didn't do this one myself but heard about it...It always makes me laugh...

This guy came back from the pub after a good few pints. His dad was on the couch who had also had one or two that evening. He worked in some sort of cctv installation company or the like and had some gear to hand...so...he hooked a camera up to the back of the TV and brought the camera out of the room he the proceeded to bang on the camera and start shouting "Da Help Help"...his Da woke up a bit fuzzy from the drink only to dicover his son was now somehow stuck in the telly...the son was saying "Da HELP, get me out of the telly" and the like but the perplexed farther couldn't do anything (obviously) and was just saying "What will I do"...I can just imagine him pushing away on the buttons on the remote lol...this story always makes me laugh and I heard the father also seen the funny side of it ....What a prank..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

i did the whole cover the bosses desk area with post it notes thing. Then I put one on it's own on the computer screen with a note saying "we need more post-its" written on it.

I nicked the idea from somewhere else and got an official warning for it but it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Bro' knew two guys who were sharing a hotel room. One brought along a kid's potty, a pint of lemonade and a banana. Before they went out for a meal and some beers the guy with with potty unpeeled the banana and put it and the lemonade into the potty and left it under the bed. When they came back later the joker 'discovered' the potty and drew the attention of the other guy to it. You can image the expression when the first guy pulled the by now brown banana out of the potty and started eating it, and then washed it down with the lemonade, before offering the potty to his mate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Not a good, clever or imaginative prank by any means, but it worked amazingly well just for the look on the guys face.

When I was in secondary school I did technical drawing, so we all had these big a2 folders that we kept in a press in the back of the class.
    A friend of mine was sitting 2 rows in front of me in the class, and I was sitting right beside this press. At the end of the class, he picked up his folder and brought it down to put it in the press.
    When he was on his way back to the table, I got his folder and threw it so it landed exactly where he kept it on the desk, somehow without him noticing.

When he got back to his desk it was honestly the most confused look I've ever seen on a person. He looked at the folder, then the press, then the folder, then the press, then started pointing at the folder and scratching his head. If only I hadn't broken my balls laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

PillyPen wrote: »
    Very clever, I thought.

You must not get out much....

Advertisement