Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundtrack To Your Angst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

The Frames (they were my first. d'awh), Neil Young, Elbow, Bon Iver, , Fleet Foxes

I'm fantastically jealous of you seeing these.

I've seen:
    U2, Paddy Casey, Snow Patrol x2, Radiohead, Bat For Lashes, AC/DC, The Blizzards, The Answer, Jape, Fred x3, Mick Flannery, Blur, Pendulum, Digitalism, God is an Astronaut, Bloc Party, Cryatal Castles, Florence and the Machine, Dr. Lektroluv, RSAG, Regina Spektor, Jason Mraz, White Lies, Nine Inch Nails, Manic Street Preachers, Fight Like Apes. I probably left a few out...

I also have a Pearl Jam ticket :)
    And in the next few months, ASIYFA, Fionn Regan and 65daysofstatic are playing in Cork so I shall be seeing them too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Jay P wrote: »
    I'm fantastically jealous of you seeing these.

I've seen:
    U2, Paddy Casey, Snow Patrol x2, Radiohead, Bat For Lashes, AC/DC, The Blizzards, The Answer, Jape, Fred x3, Mick Flannery, Blur, Pendulum, Digitalism, God is an Astronaut, Bloc Party, Cryatal Castles, Florence and the Machine, Dr. Lektroluv, RSAG, Regina Spektor, Jason Mraz, White Lies, Nine Inch Nails, Manic Street Preachers, Fight Like Apes. I probably left a few out...

I also have a Pearl Jam ticket :)
    And in the next few months, ASIYFA, Fionn Regan and 65daysofstatic are playing in Cork so I shall be seeing them too
    I'm gonna miss that Fionn Regan gig! I've been to his last two Cork dates and weally weally wanted to make it but college...gah. He's really...developing as a performer. He used to stagger out on stage, play three tracks, mumble 'how's everyone doing' finish the set and leave. No he generates some actual buzz and really gets the crowd into it. Go Fionn!

Was Jason Mraz AMAZING?

And The Frames were cool, that was like...3/4 years ago on The Cost tour and I hadn't heard that album yet which actually made the show better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

My list is quite short in comparison, since I only really started going to gigs recently...

The Killers
    Pixies
    Green Day
    Kasabian
    Wolfmother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

^Love this song! Found them on Passion Pit's simaler artists on Lastfm...pity they're broken up now:rolleyes:

Extrasupervery you have seen some pretty class bands...I'm jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

I've seen not too many compared to you guys;

Tenacious D (First concert), Prodigy, Bloc Party, Paolo Nutini, Calvin Harris, Lily Allen, Shower Scene, The killers, Home Star Runner, Kasabian, Florence & The Machine, Codes, Oasis, Blizzards, Katy Perry, Pendulum, Fred, Deadmau5, Swedish House Mafia, MSTRKRFT, Lady Gaga, Bloody Beetroots, Digitalism, Crystal Castles, Florence & the machine, proably some more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Sean Kingston (worst show ever. Fat ****),
    Haha, what happened with him? :pac:

I haven't been to much concerts tbh, I'd love to see Florence and the Machine first and foremost anyway, then probably AC/DC, Disturbed. a few more. I'd go to Peter Gabriel except I'd probably be the only teenager there. <_<

I'm gonna miss that Fionn Regan gig! I've been to his last two Cork dates and weally weally wanted to make it but college...gah. He's really...developing as a performer. He used to stagger out on stage, play three tracks, mumble 'how's everyone doing' finish the set and leave. No he generates some actual buzz and really gets the crowd into it. Go Fionn!

Was Jason Mraz AMAZING?

And The Frames were cool, that was like...3/4 years ago on The Cost tour and I hadn't heard that album yet which actually made the show better.

That Fionn Regan thing sounds pretty much exactly like Mick Flannery. No offence to the guy, but he has absolutely no stage presence whatsoever, he evn admitted that to the crowd. Fantastic singer though.

And yeah, he was class. I was in such a crappy mood before going in to see him (at Oxegen), and he just cheered me up so much. Class!

It's a pity they aren't going anymore....bah.

jumpguy wrote: »
    Haha, what happened with him? :pac:

I haven't been to much concerts tbh, I'd love to see Florence and the Machine first and foremost anyway, then probably AC/DC, Disturbed. a few more. I'd go to Peter Gabriel except I'd probably be the only teenager there. <_<

Don't worry, I'd be there too.

Though I'd rather see Phil Collins :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Yeah I'm the same as Bobalicious...

30 Seconds To Mars
    Fall Out Boy
    Fightstar
    Green Day
    Paramore

What a horrible list really:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

That wouldn't have happened to be the recent Fightstar concert would it?
    Good show but lazy set list. They played the same show at every stop on the tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Craguls wrote: »
    That wouldn't have happened to be the recent Fightstar concert would it?
    Good show but lazy set list. They played the same show at every stop on the tour
    Yeah I know, they were tight but they looked really bored or something...Young Guns were really good though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Looking at last.fm's recommended events page is going to do bad things to my bank account.

God is an Astronaut, Passion Pit, Sac vs Pip...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Passion Pit sold out </3

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Looking at last.fm's recommended events page is going to do bad things to my bank account.

God is an Astronaut, Passion Pit, Sac vs Pip...

Well Passion Pit are sold out, so you can forgt that one.

God is an Astronaut are awesome live. Immense, even!

Gragh! I'll have to console myself with the other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Jay P wrote: »
    Well Passion Pit are sold out, so you can forgt that one.

God is an Astronaut are awesome live. Immense, even!

Had the chance of seeing them tonight. :(

My artists-I've seen-live list:
    Pixies (x3), Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Black Francis, Radiohead, The Stooges, Modest Mouse, Arcade Fire, Duke Special, Alabama 3.
    Supports acts: The Kills, Bobby Peru, Clinic, Frightened Rabbit, R.S.A.G., Mark Black, Bat For Lashes.
    I also saw a wee bit of Kraftwerk and Kings of Leon at a festival.

In memory of a fairly brilliant guitarist (died two days ago):

The only song I can play (the intro to) on the piano:

I practice everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Had shuffle on and was reminded of this wonderful tune:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

you'd know I was watching trainspotting....I'm in a heroin song kinda mood

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Love both songs but really love this one:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

iyaz-replay

Really need to pick up some Cure. I recently heard the original Just Like Heaven on the radio for the first time (up to then I had only heard Dinosaur Jr's cover, which isn't bad at all, might prefer it actually).

I like this a lot:

Monzo wrote: »
    Really need to pick up some Cure.

I've only got a couple of albums, but I'd recommend Disintegration based on the fact that that's the one everyone recommended to me, and it's amazing.

Hard to get anything other than live versions on Youtube...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

You'll be wanting this then:

The whole song is fantastic, but 4:47-6:44 is particularly brilliant (electric viola FTW) Must be played at full volume though.

Thanks A Neurotic, I'll add that to my ever-growing list of CDs to acquire.

Trainspotting-related videos and no one has posted THIS?!

Brilliant song, epic use in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

You'll be wanting this then:

The whole song is fantastic, but 4:47-6:44 is particularly brilliant (electric viola FTW) Must be played at full volume though.

Fantastic song. Perfect guide to shooting up! I also love Sunday Morning

I love that entire album, especially whenever Lou Reed sings, he's just fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

VU & Nico is amazing (Venus In Furs being my favourite song from it) but White Light/White Heat is my favourite VU album. So ahead of its time it's unreal.
    Lady Godiva's Operation is one of the most twisted songs I've ever heard. Absolutely love it:

Advertisement