Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundtrack To Your Angst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Jay P wrote: »
    Ugh, Kings of Leon. They ruined Oxegen for me last year. Pile of crap.

All I heard was a little bit of Closer in the empty campsite when I was frantically trying to stop my tent from blowing away.......

I left the pit (I saw myself on the rebroadcasts!) to go see Go:Audio >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Yeah, I was in the pit for them and most of Bloc Party. I loved Bloc Party, but I really should have seen Nick Cave instead of kol, I heard he was one of the best all weekend. Bah.

Yeah, I was in the pit for them and most of Bloc Party. I loved Bloc Party, but I really should have seen Nick Cave instead of kol, I heard he was one of the best all weekend. Bah.

Bloc Party were brilliant :D Actually worth the 2+ hours I spent queueing in the lashing rain!

Nothing could have beaten NIN.......That set was magical :)

Fad wrote: »
    Nothing could have beaten NIN.......That set was magical :)

I actually saw them! There wasn't any band on at that time that I was wholly interested in seeing so I went to them, and I was highly impressed. They were definitely one of the highlights of the weekend for me. Though to my shame, I only got The Downward Spiral the other day. I had intended to get it ages ago :rolleyes:
    It's one quality album.

I actually saw them! There wasn't any band on at that time that I was wholly interested in seeing so I went to them, and I was highly impressed. They were definitely one of the highlights of the weekend for me. Though to my shame, I only got The Downward Spiral the other day. I had intended to get it ages ago :rolleyes:
    It's one quality album.

It's my new thing, every Christmas day, I'm going to listen to it in full :D

It's an obscenely good album though (5.1 mix is amazing, if you ever get the chance).

• Advertisement

It's my new thing, every Christmas day, I'm going to listen to it in full :D

It's an obscenely good album though (5.1 mix is amazing, if you ever get the chance).

I have to admit, it's a little more than strange in places. Trent uses some weird sounds. Though it's all to great effect. I've surprised myself by how much I've fallen for it :)

What other NIN albums would you reccommend?

I have to admit, it's a little more than strange in places. Trent uses some weird sounds. Though it's all to great effect. I've surprised myself by how much I've fallen for it :)

What other NIN albums would you reccommend?

Oh I know, I love it (A Warm Place is a nice breather on the album and a really nice piece of music to boot!)

Pretty Hate Machine is very good, but it's quite a different sound, the whole industrial thing wasnt really that refined. It has Head Like a Hole and Something I Can Never Have (Which are both incredible).

The EP "Broken" is brilliant (Best songs imo = Wish and Gave Up). (Avoid the remix album Fixed, not as good!)

The Fragile is very good, but it requires a bit more effort than some of their stuff (It's a double album, so there's a lot of material, but it is an amazingly good album, it's just not as easy to get into).

Later stuff is god too, Year Zero is actually fantastic! but I'd suggest those 3 first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I left the pit (I saw myself on the rebroadcasts!) to go see Go:Audio >_>

Ooh, haven't listened to them in a while.

Just after finding out they split in November :(

Oh I know, I love it (A Warm Place is a nice breather on the album and a really nice piece of music to boot!)

Pretty Hate Machine is very good, but it's quite a different sound, the whole industrial thing wasnt really that refined. It has Head Like a Hole and Something I Can Never Have (Which are both incredible).

The EP "Broken" is brilliant (Best songs imo = Wish and Gave Up). (Avoid the remix album Fixed, not as good!)

The Fragile is very good, but it requires a bit more effort than some of their stuff (It's a double album, so there's a lot of material, but it is an amazingly good album, it's just not as easy to get into).

Later stuff is god too, Year Zero is actually fantastic! but I'd suggest those 3 first.

Cheeers. I'll take a look in HMV today to see what they have. Failing that, I'll get them on Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I spend a lot of time in my room at the moment doing my portfolio...I've really got into these guys, they're class

^they're amazing aswell...can't believe they're from wicklow!

• Advertisement

I spend a lot of time in my room at the moment doing my portfolio...I've really got into these guys, they're class

^they're amazing aswell...can't believe they're from wicklow!

Really good bands you've found right there. You should check out Explosions in the Sky. They're very similar to both those bands

Also This Will Destroy You.

And if you haven't checked them out before, Sigur Ros are similar sounding, though not quite the same.

Really good bands you've found right there. You should check out Explosions in the Sky. They're very similar to both those bands

And if you haven't checked them out before, Sigur Ros are similar sounding, though not quite the same

I downloaded Earth is not a cold dead place about 6 months ago because they were recommended to me on lastfm...I havn't really given them a proper listen though, I'll check them out!:)

And Sigur Ros are pretty much one of my favourite bands:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I downloaded Earth is not a cold dead place about 6 months ago because they were recommended to me on lastfm...I havn't really given them a proper listen though, I'll check them out!:)

And Sigur Ros are pretty much one of my favourite bands:p

So much love for that album! It got me through those study sessions in 6th year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Currently listening to the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 Soundtrack.

Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Driving + heavy snow + fleet foxes = lovely.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    So much love for that album! It got me through those study sessions in 6th year...

I'm listening to it now...really like it, they are so like God is an Astronaut! Loving Memorial and Your hand in Mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

This thread is in some serious need of Andrew Bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I'm listening to it now...really like it, they are so like God is an Astronaut! Loving Memorial and Your hand in Mine.

Bar those two songs I thought the album was only okay. Those who tell the truth shall die, those who tell the truth shall live forever (yes it's an annoyingly long name) was a better complete album I thought.

Also there's a pretty excellent video some film student made to Your Hand in Mine floating around on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

POWER MUSIC, ELECTRIC REVIVAL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Kinda liked Enter Shikari when the debuted a few years back but I never actively bothered to pick up an album. Someone who's musical taste I respect seems to be rather fond of them. Turns out my brother had Take To The Skies so I promptly knicked it for the lulz.
    Personal Highlights include;

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Ignore the vid, it's abit weird in a bad way. The song is great though...very relaxing, like alot of Peter Gabriel's stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Craguls wrote: »
    Kinda liked Enter Shikari when the debuted a few years back but I never actively bothered to pick up an album. Someone who's musical taste I respect seems to be rather fond of them. Turns out my brother had Take To The Skies so I promptly knicked it for the lulz.
    Personal Highlights include;

You start realise how terrible they are after a few listens. Good live band though!

You start realise how terrible they are after a few listens. Good live band though!

I find the songs get better..........but anyway!

Quite a catchy wee number, nice video to boot.

MOAR Lady GaGa. Pop brilliance, remixed into a nice electro song.
    Listen, you'll be surprised.

MOAR Lady GaGa. Pop brilliance, remixed into a nice electro song.
    Listen, you'll be surprised.

Skrillex does some damn good remixes.

(Also look for his non-remixy stuff under the name Sonny Moore)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Advertisement