Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundtrack To Your Angst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Or this or this or this :P

Did you get 'Around the Well'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I've still yet to get any proper Iron & Wine albums (no money + no broadband :/). Only have some radio recordings called Morning Becomes Eclectic and a performance with Calexico entitled All Songs Considered. Which album do you recommend starting off with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Anything by The Smiths or Joy Division really.
    The Cure can be a bit angsty too,at times :P

Monzo wrote:
    I've still yet to get any proper Iron & Wine albums (no money + no broadband :/). Only have some radio recordings called Morning Becomes Eclectic and a performance with Calexico entitled All Songs Considered. Which album do you recommend starting off with?

I've only got two myself - The Sheperd's Dog (2007, I think) and the new one, Around the Well, which is a double album of B-sides, demos, covers, rarities, etc. Gorgeous stuff. This being my personal favourite at the moment. The Trapeze Swinger is the closer on Disc 2.

I don't have the earlier albums but from what I've read The Sheperd's Dog is the most critically acclaimed. Personally I prefer Around the Well, even though it's not an album really.

You've caught me at a bad time, I'm in the midst of an Iron&Wine fixation for the past week or two...

I'll probably start off with The Sheperd's Dog, then move onto the others. Might be waiting for a while though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

At the moment,Old Skool Biffy Clyro.I'm so disappointed with them lately...Mountains...Ughh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

At the moment,Old Skool Biffy Clyro.I'm so disappointed with them lately...Mountains...Ughh.

Heard "The Golden Rule" yet?

Brilliant song, didnt think Mountains was great either tbh.

New Bloody Beetroots album is pretty varied, some very good tracks, some crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Fad wrote: »
    Heard "The Golden Rule" yet?

Brilliant song, didnt think Mountains was great either tbh.

New Bloody Beetroots album is pretty varied, some very good tracks, some crap.
    Ironically,I just seen it on Scuzz right after I posted that!
    Its actually pretty ''Old Skool'' lol.:pac:
    Really?I've been meaning to get it but I've just been downloading Essential Mixes instead.

Ironically,I just seen it on Scuzz right after I posted that!
    Its actually pretty ''Old Skool'' lol.:pac:
    Really?I've been meaning to get it but I've just been downloading Essential Mixes instead.

They're absolutely brilliant live, I'd say live mixes by them are damn good.

Hey, angsty teens - get this in you.

That's real fúcking music right there.

• Advertisement

A Neurotic wrote: »

That is without a doubt one of the greatest videos ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

A Neurotic wrote: »

WTF where be the angst *cry*

Fixed!

Stev_o wrote: »
    WTF where be the angst *cry*

Fixed!

Does that feature flying cats?

I dont think so.

Stev_o wrote:
    Fixed!

They're my favourite band, but really, what a god-awful video. So angsty. Where's all the naked party teenagers?

Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

Monzo wrote: »

the creek drank the cradle.

Brilliant album, very uplifting in a strangely depressive way. listen if you can or at least youtube southern anthem and bird stealing bread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Cheesy **** I know, but my God do I love it.
    Love this woman (Florence and the Machine). Couldn't find any non-live video. No worries, she's as good live. Rare these days.
    Evacuate by the Boxer Rebellion is sooo good.

/music

GRUNGE.

My favourite solo evar.

Vitalogy was one of the first cds I ever bought. Haven't listened to it in yonks though but it's probably my favourite PJ album (Better Man, Nothingman, Immortality Last Exit... sooo many class songs).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

2 songs that are on my mind lately and that ive been listening to non-stop are "If You're Not The One" by Daniel Bedingfield, and "Black" by Pearl Jam... im goin through a weird phase lol :D

Monzo wrote: »
    Vitalogy was one of the first cds I ever bought. Haven't listened to it in yonks though but it's probably my favourite PJ album (Better Man, Nothingman, Immortality Last Exit... sooo many class songs).

Snap, snap, snap. I actually remember the day I began buying CDs in earnest -it was in Leicester - and it involved Vitalogy. Although come to think of it, I think Yield will always be my favourite PJ album.

• Advertisement

Yield is fairly great too (All Those Yesterdays, Brain of J, Do The Evolution are among the band's best) although there are a couple of songs I don't like that much. Think you've inspired me to stick it and Vitalogy on! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

ive been listening to Zombie by The Cranberries alot recently and same goes for Nirvana HeartShaped Box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

At this moment I am listening to the Coors Light Ad song. Los Campesinos YOU! ME! DANCING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

This was on the radio when I was sitting in the car earlier.... Turned it up to the max and remembered first hearing that album :D

JSK 252 wrote: »
    At this moment I am listening to the Coors Light Ad song. Los Campesinos YOU! ME! DANCING!

I bought the EP containing that song. Set me back 15 euro. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

los campesinos-my year in lists

fall out boy-chigaco is so two years ago

be your own pet-becky

paramore-whoa

i gotta say im feeling pretty angsty!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

JSK 252 wrote: »

I liked that song before it was cool. :P

/pretentious snob.

It's still awesome though. That said, I am slightly annoyed they cut it up for the ad.
    FredBaby! wrote: »
    be your own pet-becky

WE DON'T LIKE BECKY ANYMORE! I love that song. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

This was on the radio when I was sitting in the car earlier.... Turned it up to the max and remembered first hearing that album :D

Such a good song :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

My favorite at the moment would have to be 'soft' by kings of leon. Its an old one of theirs but i only discovered it recently! Another amazing song is 'walcott' by vampire weekend and noah and the whales new one.... Something to do with an orchastra. :-)

• Advertisement

The Cure's "Disintegration" is rapidly becoming one of my favourite albums.

Advertisement