Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundtrack To Your Angst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Thats exactly how I feel.

And Ironically I listen to him to fall asleep.lol

But even then I think George and Wade's voices are better :)

They are a ridiculously good live band, have seen them twice :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Fad wrote: »
    But even then I think George and Wade's voices are better :)

They are a ridiculously good live band, have seen them twice :D.

Ah man I would give anything to see them!!

Ah man I would give anything to see them!!

I have touched George Petit too, yay for Temple Bar Music Centre (Amazing venue)

After including Oxegen I have seen:

My Chemical Romance(x2), Trivium(x3) God Forbid, Mendeed, Taking Back Sunday, Anti-Flag, Senses Fail, Alexisonfire(x2), UnderOath, Saosin, Annihilator, Gojira, Iron Maiden, Enter Shikari(x2), In Case Of Fire, Steer Clear(x5)(RIP), Lost Alone, Attack In Black, Billy Talent, Muse*, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Dirty Pretty Things, The Streets, Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails(x2)(Basically RIP), Silversun Pickups, Mindless Self Indulgence(x2), Circa Survive, Fightstar, Madina Lake, Coheed And Cambria, Homestar Runner(x5), Paramore, Metallica, Sweet Savage, Tenacious D, Alkaline Trio, Nine IX Lives, Fall Out Boy, Dir En Grey, Bring Me The Horizon, Black Tide, Heathers, Pendulum, Bur, Elbow, Bloc Party, Therapy?, Jane's Addiction, Fever Ray, MSTRKRFT, The Bloody Beetroots, Youmeatsix, The Gaslight Anthem, Eagles Of Death Metal, Regina Spektor, Go:Audio,

live

I like music.....

*Wembley biatch :pac:

I have touched George Petit too, yay for Temple Bar Music Centre (Amazing venue)

After including Oxegen I have see:

My Chemical Romance(x2), Trivium(x3) God Forbid, Mendeed, Taking Back Sunday, Anti-Flag, Senses Fail, Alexisonfire(x2), UnderOath, Saosin, Annihilator, Gojira, Iron Maiden, Enter Shikari(x2), In Case Of Fire, Steer Clear(x5), Lost Alone, Attack In Black, Billy Talent, Muse, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Dirty Pretty Things, The Streets, Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails(x2), Silversun Pickups, Mindless Self Indulgence(x2), Circa Survive, Fightstar, Madina Lake, Coheed And Cambria, Homestar Runner(x5), Paramore, Metallica, Sweet Savage, Tenacious D, Alkaline Trio, Nine IX Lives, Fall Out Boy, Dir En Grey, Bring Me The Horizon, Black Tide, Heathers, Pendulum, Bur, Elbow, Bloc Party, Therapy?, Jane's Addiction, Fever Ray, MSTRKRFT, The Bloody Beetroots, Youmeatsix, The Gaslight Anthem, Eagles Of Death Metal, Regina Spektor, Go:Audio,

live

I like music.....
    Wow..If only I had money/job and lived in Dublin.

Wow..If only I had money/job and lived in Dublin.

Billy Talent was free.......

Living in Dublin is pretty badass, I wouldnt mind not living her though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Good song, if not for the slightly annoying under tone octave bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

^Lyrics never fail to make me smile. Catchy tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,272 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

After buying that cassette the other day, I've just put it on for the first time, on full blast through 100 watt speakers. My room was beyond shaking. Conan Trautmann, another song...I don't think the smileys here can give justice to how much my jaw fell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Fad, which night did you see Muse at Wembley?

Futurism wrote: »
    Fad, which night did you see Muse at Wembley?

Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

what do yous all think of panic! at the disco new song

camero wrote: »
    what do yous all think of panic! at the disco new song

I just listened to it there, awful.

Didnt like the last album either, and I sincerely doubt they'll get very far without Ryan Ross.

nope best yet ryan ross new song is ok but not great

nope best yet ryan ross new song is ok but not great

I wouldnt quite agree with that tbh, my point about Ryan Ross is that he wrote all the lyrics for both of the albums so far, and I have my doubts that they'll manage to write consistently decent song/lyrics without him.

Finally got round to listening to all of Brand News' Deja Entendu album.

Its fcuking brilliant,Lyrically its a masterpiece:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Can't stop listening to Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" lately. It's one of those songs which holds loads of good memories every single time I hear it, but which I usually wouldn't be into at all at all at all.

Also, extremely addicted to Bloc Party's "One More Chance"

what about madina lake and cobra starship

Think Madina Lake aren't great on CD, but I saw them live and they were actually quite good, unexpectedly so.

From what I've heard of Cobra Starship, I really dont like them.

Think Madina Lake aren't great on CD, but I saw them live and they were actually quite good, unexpectedly so.

From what I've heard of Cobra Starship, I really dont like them.

cobra to me are only going to get batter madina are ok just got there cd today and its ok arctic monkeys new cd is so **** and bad notting like there last one

• Advertisement

arctic monkeys new cd is so **** and bad notting like there last one

Didnt know it had leaked.

The only one that seems to be around is horrendously low quality (Bit rate is very very low) I think I'll wait for a listenable one to emerge.

Then I'll judge.

Didnt know it had leaked.

The only one that seems to be around is horrendously low quality (Bit rate is very very low) I think I'll wait for a listenable one to emerge.

Then I'll judge.

nope is a 192bit rate but is so so bad

nope is a 192bit rate but is so so bad

192?

Doesnt really cut it for me tbh.

(Ultimately I'd prefer some form of physical CD rip, I dont touch flac though, files are too big etc)

i no its not 256 or 360 but it will do

i no its not 256 or 360 but it will do

[eh 360?...... :P ]

Not for me :pac:

In all seriousness, I'm weirdly picky when it comes to quality, it has gotten to the point where some old stuff that I ripped myself using WMP (converted to m4a when I moved over to itunes, didnt have the knowhow to do differently at the time) seem like just noise :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

What about them?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

A Neurotic wrote: »

For anyone who hasn't already heard Iron & Wine's Trapeze Swinger I suggest you do so. :)

Monzo wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't already heard Iron & Wine's Trapeze Swinger I suggest you do so. :)

My absolute favourite song of all time. My funeral song. I just thought it would be a little long + repetitive for this thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

A Neurotic wrote: »
    My absolute favourite song of all time. My funeral song. I just thought it would be a little long + repetitive for this thread :)

Ha that'd be a great funeral song alright. Knowing me, I'd choose something crude like this or this.

Advertisement