Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to bring back the death penalty

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭cson

javaboy wrote: »
    I don't know. It does remove the "lock up the opposition supporters and then they can't vote" tactic favoured by corrupt regimes. :D

No fear of that happening the way the Irish Constitution is worded. In any case corrupt regiemes aren't usually as kind as to merely lock up the oppostion supporters.

Anyway...

Deportation ftw, send them all off to Tasmania or failing that, Leitrim and let them kill themselves while selling the viewing rights to some reality tv company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

The purpose of prison should be rehabilitaion.
    If you can't be rehabilitated- you should be killed.

javaboy wrote: »
    Tee hee. Always a riot mountainyman. Guildford Four is all I need to say here. And if you think it couldn't happen nowadays because of DNA or whatever, you're wrong.

The GF were scapegoats - any Paddy would do. Someone had to be punished and it was them. That's how English people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭cson

The purpose of prison should be rehabilitaion.
    If you can't be rehabilitated- you should be killed.

That apply to hospitals too?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

The GF were scapegoats - any Paddy would do. Someone had to be punished and it was them.

Yes they were scapegoats. Scapegoats that would have been executed. Would they be simply part of your acceptable collateral damage?
    That's how English people think.

Blimey. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Re the Guildford 4 - If the ruling class needs a scapegoat it will get one. The death penalty would have made scapegoating less likely so they would never have been framed.

Thanks Ludovic Kennedy you sent innocent people to jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Re the Guildford 4 - If the ruling class needs a scapegoat it will get one. The death penalty would have made scapegoating less likely so they would never have been framed.

What the hell is wrong with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Hanging's too good for him - sterilization at the very least to stop the supply line.
    Bloody working-class!

If he's hanged he'll have no more children.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

kleefarr wrote: »
    I think it's based on the US. But would that make any difference? Murder in US is the same as murder in Ireland.

I'd be suspicious of such a poll that gives so little evidecne.
    Is it referring to states with the death penalty or the US as a whole? Or just states practicing the death penalty, etc.

TX123 wrote: »
    How would it be expensive. Brought into a room and shot in the head. A few yo yo's thats all then throw the corpse in a fire.
    You do know why the death penalty is so expensive right?
    Due to the extremely heavy imposition of a penalty, there are long and lengthy appeals.
    Unless you dont give a crap about stuff like that and think that once a person has ran the gamut through some dodgy court then they can be executed.
    Once a crime is commited you lose all rights and deserve to be treated like muck.
    The whole point with human rights is that they apply to everyone and cannot be taken away without just cause (deprivation of liberty to protect society at large)
    People for the penalty are the ones who hate crime and want to live in a better society and those against it are hippies that protest about trees.
    Yeah you're right.
    I' m studying the law in university not because I hate crime and want to live in a better society. Must be because I love trees.
    Yeah man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Death penalty won't wash anyway. Unless we accede from the European Convention on Human Rights............

People talk of the cost of running prisons? Turn them into profit making enterprises. Get the prisoners working; A novel solution there that one!

With the money they (can) make you can also pay for rehabilitation.

But, and here is the important part, MAKE prisoners serve their full sentences. Life is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

ok but serve there sentence with no privelages. a small cell with a hole in the ground to sh*t in. thats all the deserve.

Advertisement