Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubya, Dubya, Dubya

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 photosnap

Covey curious question but arre you a member of the Photography Ireland forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Jesus don't let everyone around here know :D:p

Im the girl who had the idea bout the homeless project :P

Whats wrong?? you scared people will find out youre not THAT dedicated to boards only??? :P

photosnap wrote: »
    Im the girl who had the idea bout the homeless project :P

Whats wrong?? you scared people will find out youre not THAT dedicated to boards only??? :P

Nope, though there is a story :eek:

Im a bit lost now :P

Had a look at those images you have online.

Theyre impressive. I think I'm gonna be well out of my depth with you guys on board for the project :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

flip it - knew there was something I was supposed to enter into the boards charter about an immediate site ban on production of proof of a boards member being a member of another forum...... :rolleyes:

:D

You'll be moderating yourself then :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Looks great Covey, im gonna give the Photium thing a shot i think.

Some great images there, i love the "generation shuffle" its one of the standouts in the yearbook for me.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Looks great Covey, im gonna give the Photium thing a shot i think.

Some great images there, i love the "generation shuffle" its one of the standouts in the yearbook for me.

I've told Will, there's been some interest here, so mention me if you do please.
    Very helpful people indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Im checking out the trial version at the minute, i need to have some sort of website up and running even if its just for my own sense of sanity.:o

Its a points like this though i realise just how lacking i am in certain areas. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

FINALLY got to have a look.

I think the site is lovely and clean and the navigation is straightforward and obvious. The images are downright beautiful though and that's the stand out feature (which it really really should be). Me, jealous? Moi? Me? Never!

Has the banner been reduced yet? Its still a BANNER!as opposed to a site title, and as such is taking away from the shots IMHO. I like its design (especially love the courier font - perfect :D ). I think it could still do with being shortened a bit though.

And I right clicked on your images because my wireless can be a bit iffy at times and the images were a tad slow to load and I wanted to see if it was me or you :P So there.. The message isn't intrusive IMHO (although a pain in the arse to us techie minded) and is more of a reminder. I just reread the comments above. If its still on left click I'd sort that.

I haven't looked at the code yet. Have you checked validation and all that? I can't remember what you specifically asked me to look at now. My brain has been mush with way too much work the last month or so. It was the banner, yeah?

Thanks Sinead,

Much appreciated as I know your up to your eyes.

It was the Banner I was on about yeah! It will be reduced tomorrow.

I'm not at all techie, so could you please expand on ;

"Its still a BANNER!as opposed to a site title, and as such is taking away from the shots IMHO"
    Banner - Site Title, whats the difference?

"Have you checked validation and all that?"
    No idea what your on about. Reason I picked a "provider" was hopefullly all that stuff is sorted.:confused:

It loads super fast anywhere I've looked, which was one reason I picked Photium. Hope the problem was your side!

The left click message I must investigate as thats not great.

Thanks a million for taking the time to have a look.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I used 'banner' as opposed to site title as that's what it looks like to my eye - a great big banner across the top of the page rather than a more subtle title bar. Its drawing the eye away from the photos too much. Sites should be viewed the same way as a photo - as a complete composition. Move six feet from the screen and squint a bit and you'll see what I mean :D Seriously... or look at it in a mirror...

I had a quick look at the back end and the validation seems fine - one or two errors if you want to be pedantic (every page has the "Missing xmlns attribute for element html. The value should be: http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" error for example) but the code is very clean apart from that :)

Nice one:) I shall be subscribing forthwith..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Very professional looking website Covey, impressive, and the photos are OK too !!! :)

Advertisement