Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst county?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Darkbloom

My quote was that just coz 2 countries share a landmass, then that doesn't mean they are the same nation. I've been to Canada and the US and while they share the same language (Quebec apart), their customs are different, and the people are different (Canadians much more laid back).

Similarily, Nordies have strange attractions to the past and to things that most citizens of the Republic don't give a damn about. They are soooooooo fcuking intense and goddamn serious unlike us laid back citizens of the Republic.

Ha! I lived with a girl from Newry and she had a big Union Jack on her wall and would bleat about it all the time. I was just "...yeah, no-one down here really gives a ****." Weird that she chose to come south to be surrounded by Irish people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭badabinbadaboom

The worst counties are usualy the ones without a coast line.
    But dublin is definitly the worst despite having a coast.
    People from the north piss me off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

definitley donegal, potentially cork a close 2nd the worst accents, the worst women, on the whole island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

its not the actual county its who lives around you, havin lived in ballymun and finglas.... yeah... roscommon seems a bad bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Warmaster

Prosperous Dave you sound like a miserable cup of bum juice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

It's actually part of Britain. I thought this was common knowledge.

All the wishful thinking in the world won't change that fact.

No it's not.

It's part of the UK. The UK is the union of two areas - Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

So it's not part of Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

kraggy wrote: »
    No it's not.

It's part of the UK. The UK is the union of two areas - Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

So it's not part of Britain.

As I understand it Britain is a geographic term. This includes the area which the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, part of Northern France, Channel Isles etc.

Great Britain is the largest part of Britain, encompassing England, Scotland and Wales.

UK is Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

So I would see Belfast AND Dublin as being part of Britain, Belfast as being part of UK but Dublin isn't and neither are part of Great Britain.

But Geography tends to be less important in these matters. The Republic of Ireland is a sovereign state, separate from the UK and separate from Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Has every county been mentioned yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

RichTea wrote: »
    Has every county been mentioned yet?

probably lol

clare i don't think has. i hate clare, those damn horrible cliffs of moher, the burren with its plants only found there, the dark cave, lahinch beach and its sand that sticks in your shoe, ennis where i witnessed my county winning an all-ireland in 2006 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

fryup wrote: »
    kerry..........yes kerry....i know its beautiful county but the people are way too backward and clanish and strange/stand-off-ish

and the accent is gammy

what exactlyy IS a kerry accent??
    i don't notice the difference where ever I go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

rossie1977 wrote: »
    probably lol

clare i don't think has. i hate clare, those damn horrible cliffs of moher, the burren with its plants only found there, the dark cave, lahinch beach and its sand that sticks in your shoe, ennis where i witnessed my county winning an all-ireland in 2006 :D

You forgot Ennistymon. Jesus what a terrible place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

As I understand it Britain is a geographic term. This includes the area which the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, part of Northern France, Channel Isles etc.

Great Britain is the largest part of Britain, encompassing England, Scotland and Wales.

So I would see Belfast AND Dublin as being part of Britain, Belfast as being part of UK but Dublin isn't and neither are part of Great Britain.

But Geography tends to be less important in these matters. The Republic of Ireland is a sovereign state, separate from the UK and separate from Northern Ireland.

Absolute nonsense.

The British Isles is a geographic term and has no political relevance whatsoever. The term "Britain" never includes Dublin (in modern times of course).

Belfast is part of the UK, not Britain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

nummnutts wrote: »

Ahhh right :P
    I can now gloat to people that I don't have that accent. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Rockall, a cold place i imagine.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

Who gives a flying **** what its ACTUALLY called, but the point remains, it's NOT part of Ireland

It is,the state of Northern Ireland is within Ireland.
    Norn Iron is as much a part of Ireland as Canada is part of the USA. Just coz they share the same landmass, doesn't mean they are the same country. Norn Iron has a different flag, national anthem, culture etc. They have a strange accent thats not Irish and not Scottish. This country gave up articles 2 and 3 of the constitution, not to assist the peace process but coz we didn't want them no more. We have enough problems in the Republic - note to Nordies, its not the Free State, its the REPUBLIC - without taking their tribalism on board.

Christ I didnt know people this dumb existed anymore.Northern Ireland is in Ireland.Hint-Its called Northern IRELAND,It just has its own governing body ffs.
    Norn Iron is as much a part of Ireland as Canada is part of the North America!

nice one lol
    I'm not anti Brit, I quite like them really, very quaint people with some nice traditions from their past.

To be honest, I'm anti nordie. I cannot stand the feckers one eensie weensie little bit. Their bloody grating accents, their whinging, moaning triumphalism/victimisation is wearisome to say the least. Why couldn't we and the British have built a wall around the kip and let them finish one another off as they so obviously want to do. Have you seen the film DOOMSDAY, now thats what I have in mind.

FFS the divides up there were created to keep the two commkunities divided.Protestant and Catholic used to riot together against unfair government policies.

Sectarianism was encouraged by the government,ever hear of "United we stand,divided we fall"?

If these are the kind of half wits that populate boards.ie you wont see me on here much longer.
    galwayrush wrote: »
    Rockall, a cold place i imagine.:D

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

SW81 wrote: »
    Galway
    Well, N Galway, E galway and parts of S Galway i could live without.:D

Christ I didnt know people this dumb existed anymore.Northern Ireland is in Ireland.Hint-Its called Northern IRELAND,It just has its own governing body ffs.

If these are the kind of half wits that populate boards.ie you wont see me on here much longer.

lol

Banned.

Drink your milk kids. Stay in school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Banned.

Drink your milk kids. Stay in school.

i concur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Clare - full of nutters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Louth.

Dundalk in the 'big league' last year will do wonders for tourism obviously, but they've F ALL going for them. They brew Harp Lager there, in a way that sums the whole place up. Minnow town, and the 'heartbeat' of a minnow county.

"Norn Iron is as much a part of Ireland as Canada is part of the USA"

Kevin Myers has filled Conors shoes, you're alright.

i concur.
    :D
    Simply astounding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

:D
    Simply astounding.

hmmmm.... i smell a dual account :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,123 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

Orange69 wrote: »
    Ya i think <county i have never even been to> is the worst!

<retarded comment>...

Thats how this works right??
    ^^^ what you said

also i'd like to nuke Kildare, or wherever Prosperous Dave happens to be at any given moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Oh dear

Spot on contribution there son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 benzogirl

Dublin for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

benzogirl wrote: »
    Dublin for obvious reasons.

...such as?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

mealone42 wrote: »
    Your knowledge is limited Blaahman. What the hell has Waterford got? Dont hurt your brian trying to think. It is a dangerous town at night. It has the travellers feud as entertainment. Damn all else.
    How the hell is it a dangerous city at night?I've never had any issues and I've a habit of night time drunken wanders to god knows where(usually home but that doesnt always go to plan):confused:

Advertisement