Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst county?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

*Sigh*

Another Dublin V rest of the country thread.

It appears from your location that you are somewhat a double agent in this particular game...

I remember the last time we did this thread it ended really well and we all resolved that <snip> was the best and we all moved there.
    I wonder where I'll be moving to this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

I remember the last time we did this thread it ended really well and we all resolved that <snip> was the best and we all moved there.

Indeed, these threads are usually very productive and full of intelligent and well thought out arguments also.

Pedobear would give this thread his seal of approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

It appears from your location that you are somewhat a double agent in this particular game...

I wonder where I'll be moving to this week?

Im staying neutral. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

galwayrush wrote: »
    I was going to say Roscommon or Leitrim but i'm not sure if they exist.:confused:
    They're just a common myth!

A would have to say somewhere up really far north like Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Have to go with Mary Harney, but I'm sure if she is a county or a province???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

DonJose wrote: »
    Have to go with Mary Harney, but I'm sure if she is a county or a province???

LMFAO:D

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Formosa

Dublin - no contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Kerry. Never liked the place. Feels very detached from the rest of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Saying donegal is the worst county because it's far up north is just retarded. I could cork is awful because it's way down south.

mfitzy wrote: »
    Kerry. Never liked the place. Feels very detached from the rest of the country
    Jackie Healey Ray will set his hair on you.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,176 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Galway. Because, look around, there must be like 30 odd active users around these parts and all of them have galway in their name. What, theres nothing else special about you except that you live in galway? Eh, Galwaydude? Galway22? GalwayRush? Or Whatever You Call Yourself These Days. Im onto your little scheme Galway; turning people into numbers. If you move to galway you get assimilated. Resistance is possible, but then again you wont get your free "welcome to the collective" pint if you do that. The perfect scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

micmclo wrote: »
    Tipperary South Riding!

In contrast Tipperary North Riding is class :cool:

Edit: They've done away with the Riding in the name but shure everyone still uses them
    They may have done away with riding in the name, but I have it on very good authority that they havnt done away with riding in the county!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Im staying neutral. :)
    That's because you live in between the two worst places known to man.

Overheal wrote: »
    Galway. Because, look around, there must be like 30 odd active users around these parts and all of them have galway in their name. What, theres nothing else special about you except that you live in galway? Eh, Galwaydude? Galway22? GalwayRush? Or Whatever You Call Yourself These Days. Im onto your little scheme Galway; turning people into numbers. If you move to galway you get assimilated. Resistance is possible, but then again you wont get your free "welcome to the collective" pint if you do that. The perfect scheme.

Feck. rumbled.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pinder

has to be leitrim,depression is a way of life there.they got their first(and as far as i know only) traffic lights about 4 or 5 years ago.nothing to do,small villages ,people who would like to be from sligo,i know a few who actually say theyr from sligo to hide the shame.but oh wait they have scenery.........scenery is a bad counties way of clutching at straws.their most famous resident is that guy who was on the den around ten years ago.any good points about leitrim ,that doesnt involve the scenary???no is the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Why does nobody like Dublin. I really like Dublin:). I love a trip down for the day, anytime I stayed over I had a great time, it has a real buzz. It's a lovely city and I like to know that when famous and important foreign people visit, we have a lively modern and in parts beautiful city to be our host. It's like a good front room:). It's in the top ten most cultural cities in the world. What's the problem???

ann i like visiting dublin,iv no problem with the people or anything.the main problems i have with dublin are the cost of living relative to everywhere else,traffic and heroin addicts shootin up in broad daylight on certain streets-marlborough st(spellings probably wrong) was one place id see em a fair bit,know ya get that with any big city,but doesnt make it any less off putting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ann22 wrote: »
    Why does nobody like Dublin. I really like Dublin:). I love a trip down for the day, anytime I stayed over I had a great time, it has a real buzz. It's a lovely city and I like to know that when famous and important foreign people visit, we have a lively modern and in parts beautiful city to be our host. It's like a good front room:). It's in the top ten most cultural cities in the world. What's the problem???

You're from Dundalk so of course you're going to like it.

It'd have to be Laois,Leitrim(if it exists) and I hate Dublin too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Louth. The "wee" county. See, even they know it's p*ss :D

titan18 wrote: »
    You're from Dundalk so of course you're going to like it.

I'm not defending it 'cos we're near each other. (I'd hate to live in Drogheda - a closer neighbour as I feel it's so claustrophobic, but it's in my own county so I can't really say that 'cos I love my wee county:o)

• Advertisement

leitrim does exist,its like hell just driving through it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

It's in times like these that the country should be redivided into three areas; "the Pale", "the North", "other".

pinder wrote: »
    ann i like visiting dublin,iv no problem with the people or anything.the main problems i have with dublin are the cost of living relative to everywhere else,traffic and heroin addicts shootin up in broad daylight on certain streets-marlborough st(spellings probably wrong) was one place id see em a fair bit,know ya get that with any big city,but doesnt make it any less off putting

You'd have to earn big bucks to live there I know and it is horrible to see the unfortunates in the streets I agree.:( Most times I go there are for fun or shopping which means I'm happy as Larry gadding about.:o

ah yea,ya cant beat a wee trip ta dublin,its always nice to come home though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

galwayrush wrote: »
    Jackie Healey Ray will set his hair on you.:pac:

Or that Daithi O'Se guy. Cringe even thinking about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Overheal wrote: »

whissht now , any place that gave us grainne seioge cant be all bad

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

westmeath
    longford
    roscommon
    cavan
    leitrim
    offaly
    laois
    louth (like wtf LOUTH)

^ all of them
    they just seem...depressing. Like a place you'd get dumped after being killed. Because nobody would think of looking there.
    Know what I mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

All those counties between Dublin and Galway? Bleak.
    And Wexford because there's way too many travelers and backward bitter country folk.
    <edit>And sligo. It's like the Wexford of the west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

naasface wrote: »
    westmeath
    longford
    roscommon
    cavan
    leitrim
    offaly
    laois
    louth (like wtf LOUTH)

^ all of them
    they just seem...depressing. Like a place you'd get dumped after being killed. Because nobody would think of looking there.
    Know what I mean?

these seem to be the ones most people are bad-mouthing, maybe people are just jealous they they are closer to the NI bargains

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

waterford its just buggers

Advertisement