Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MON DEC 8 19:30 3RRB Boardeaux v I-China

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

One thing I'd forgotten about yesterday was the set piece deliveries. They need to improve lads. Myself and Eddie will win most headers in or around the box but loads of times last night the ball didn't make it over the first man. I know the conditions were poor but we should be scoring more from set pieces tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Wasn't able to walk outside the door yesterday, so on the face of it, 3-0 ain't bad. If they're getting better, best get the two wins in the bag and let them take some points off others towards the end....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    One thing I'd forgotten about yesterday was the set piece deliveries. They need to improve lads. Myself and Eddie will win most headers in or around the box but loads of times last night the ball didn't make it over the first man. I know the conditions were poor but we should be scoring more from set pieces tbh.

I'll hold my hands up for that, a corner and a free kick pretty much went straight to their most forward player in the box, wont happen again :o

though i did cross the ball for Eds wonder goal:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

well we did score from one corner martin :) second goal was route one from clayton to lepo who finished well and a great cross then for the 3rd goal.....

but ya, thought our corners and frees could have been better, tho we got 3 quality deliveries in and didnt finish, art missed one sitter from a fantatic dave cross and we had 2 more..... gavs delivery is normally excellent though it has to be said. at least we aint conceding set pieces, we were getting killed from them in preseason.... im sure as we get into a flow turn of the new year, we will score more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Ah Ed come on! The goal we scored came from a front post header from their lad which he misjudged and it went in. Hardly due to a sweet delivery!! :D How the **** it went in from there I dunno. Their keeper was shocking though! Surely one of their 20 players can catch a ball ffs. But you're right, set pieces are normally decent. We just need to make sure it's good every game as we all know the standard of defending in this league is rubbish and especially at corners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

their keeper pulled off 3 or 4 decent saves though. we have played against worse, though he wasnt that tall. our first was his only f*ck up, he hadnt a chance with the other 2. and the chinese are not known for their abundance of height.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

their keeper pulled off 3 or 4 decent saves though. we have played against worse, though he wasnt that tall. our first was his only f*ck up, he hadnt a chance with the other 2. and the chinese are not known for their abundance of height.

In fairness to him, he pulled off a fantastic save from an early chance I had when he flew out to narrow the angle and then got down well. He also got a strong hand to another first half effort I had. Plus I did jump into him for our first :D

Advertisement