Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Swap

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I swapped one of mine at a dealer, my 1 series for your 5 series, straight trade. I got a better car, he got one he would sell faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dohc

Sometimes you know by the car if someone would swap it or not not before you inquire,
    As for example i drive an s2000 so if someone wanted to swap for an M3 i might or something similar but i wouldnt swop for a punto ya know.
    Same if somebody selling an Evo they prob not going to want to take a trade of a Family wagon of some sort!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

dohc wrote: »
    As for example i drive an s2000 so if someone wanted to swap for an M3 i might or something similar but i wouldnt swop for a punto ya know.
    Same if somebody selling an Evo they prob not going to want to take a trade of a Family wagon of some sort!

Perhaps, but the OH might get pregnant with triplets, and you'll need to trade that s2000 for an estate or something. Similarly the 50-odd year old who had that estate might have grown kids and be going through a mid-life crisis and want your s2000 ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dohc

Cionád wrote: »
    Perhaps, but the OH might get pregnant with triplets, and you'll need to trade that s2000 for an estate or something. Similarly the 50-odd year old who had that estate might have grown kids and be going through a mid-life crisis and want your s2000 ;):D

Highly unlikely i suppose you have a point but most time thats the way it is.I know i would ring a lad with an M3 if i want to trade my Fiat Multipla now would i.

Good point though

Plus if that did happen ill be looking for a plane not a family wagon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

dohc wrote: »
    Plus if that did happen ill be looking for a plane not a family wagon

Classy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I was just thinking about this the other day as my commute might be getting longer soon and was looking around. I think it's a brilliant idea, especially for those who like to change cars regularly and are pretty open to different options.

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I've looked on there but found nobody wanting an Alfa GT...

I'd love one, but out of my price range :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lisaleo

patm1 wrote: »
    Hey all,im willing to Swap/sell my 99 1.6 volkswagen passat.

They are making 4000 on carzone but im willing to sell for 2700 ono as i need to get a smaller car.,also their is 9 months nct and only 80000 miles.any swap will be considered cheers

hey!
    Would you be intrested in a opel astra club 99 1.4 nct till 2011 great condtion drives very well 97 miles
    thank you
    lisa.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

smcgiff wrote: »

:D

Fair enough people modding their car as a hobby but why spend an enormous amount of money on an old knackered piece of sh!te to make it look like - really - a Ferrari? :confused:

It's only gonna work on girls you don't really want to end up with as the mother of your children :)

Why not just buy a real Ferrari?

Advertisement