Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2011 Draw today Dec 1st

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭88show

twinytwo wrote: »
    Hmmm the AB's with home advantage and everything... i hope france beat them in theri own back yard... anyone no when tickets gto on sale?.. im thinking 2010?

it won't happen.
    1st batch in my club back home go on sale late 09

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

88show wrote: »
    it won't happen.
    1st batch in my club back home go on sale late 09
    I've heard that before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭88show

Sangre wrote: »
    I've heard that before.

i've gotten all my tix for the last 5 yrs since i've been in ireland from them.
    for ab tours and home tri nation game when I was back home holidaying thanks.
    last tix were croke and munster game.

so now you've heard it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

Sangre wrote: »
    I've heard that before.
    88show wrote: »
    i've gotten all my tix for the last 5 yrs since i've been in ireland from them.
    for ab tours and home tri nation game when I was back home holidaying thanks.
    last tix were croke and munster game.

so now you've heard it again

I think he may be for refering to your comment "it won't happen" i.e. the French beating NZ yet again!!!!!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Its a good enough draw for Ireland - we should come out of the group at least this time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭cmcsoft

Very happy with the draw, like a lot of posters mentioned Argentina might have been better. If we can manage to beat the aussies we should get Wales in the quarter. A lot of work needs to be done between here and then though. Still a good start though with the draw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

cmcsoft wrote: »
    . If we can manage to beat the aussies we should get Wales in the quarter.

...if not,probably the AB's......*shudder*.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

toomevara wrote: »
    ...if not,probably the AB's......*shudder*.....

No it would be SA although if the world cup was played in the morning id expect Wales to actually top the group tbh and anyway alot of this speculation is a bit silly alot can and will change in three years and the teams we face in 2011 will be very different to the current teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Our QF match will be either SA or Wales. if we get through.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Or Fiji ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭ThomasH

Have a wee bit more faith :p

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hamo

This draw has to be our most preferred, the Aussies are always capable of folding, its been us who panic, Decky should sort that one out though... besides we still owe them for robbing us at Qtr final in Lansdowne road, jez it still annoys me, especially when I see the culprit on Sky Sports....

Best bet is a Semi final place!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I reckon we should do better than the last WC, touch wood. The mistakes that were made the last time must be learned from, and not repeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

While I agree that it's a nice looking draw, it's 3 years from now...

The world of rugby can and will change a lot in that time frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I reckon we should do better than the last WC, touch wood.

Would it be possible to do much worse?

Advertisement