Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for a steak?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

jimbling wrote: »
    Steak:
    Boardwalk is pretty good.... especially if Size matters :pac: :pac:

Those hot plate steaks you can get in Soho and East Villiage are great. Soak the hot plate in garlic butter and cook the steak in small strips. Very very tasty.

Ms Dees is pretty good. I've been there a few times and never had a complaint. Wouldn't rate it with the above though.

Now, if you truly want the steak effect. Have you heard of the The Thady???
    It's out in Farren. An experience I'll tell you that.
    Old mans pub in the countryside.
    Menu: Steak and Chips.
    That is all :D

Oh, you can order a fish if you book 3 days in advance :D:D

Seriously though, great steak for good price and atmosphere.
    thady is most definitly the best steak ive had in my life
    good call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Have to recommend Scotts for a steak at the moment. €20 for fillet, very tasty, and comes with nice chips and onion rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭CaptainPendulum

Cork Golf Club!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The best steak you'll ever have is in a place called Willie Pa's on the Drimolegue to Bantry road. A bit of a trek I know but SOOOOO worth it!!:D

Here's some photographic proof! A picture of it is enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

The fillet steak in Rossinis is the most incredible thing I've ever tasted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Smashhits

Had the 8oz sirloin in The Elm Tree last night. Was gorgeous! Cooked to perfection with onions, mushroom & a choice of mash/gratin & veg or chips & salad and peppercorn sauce or garlic butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Smashhits wrote: »
    Had the 8oz sirloin in The Elm Tree last night. Was gorgeous! Cooked to perfection with onions, mushroom & a choice of mash/gratin & veg or chips & salad and peppercorn sauce or garlic butter.

I was actually there myself on Sunday and it was nice and everything but not a patch on what I mentioned above! I would seriously recommend anyone to take a nice Sunday drive down around West Cork and drop into Willie Pa's on the way back - you will not be disappointed!

Headed to Jacques today as got a savage steak there before, closed on Sundays though :( Went to The Boardwalk, was never there before, great Ribeye there in fairness, very very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Massive steak fan here, 2 best places in Cork at the moment in my little opinion for filllet steak are either Il Primo above the Silver Key, or the Cork Airport International Hotel. The one in the Hotel was a abnormally large until I realised the height of the steak was made up of about an inch of this incredible (And there's no other word) thick mushroom sauce. Looked solid until you put the knife down into it and then it spread out. Mmmmmmmm!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Heading down on Wed night any recent recommendations. Was in the bordwalk last time. It was decent but nothing to write home about. Staying in the Silver springs but will take a taxi but closer the better. Thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I like the steak in Rossinis.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Heading down on Wed night any recent recommendations. Was in the bordwalk last time. It was decent but nothing to write home about. Staying in the Silver springs but will take a taxi but closer the better. Thx
    There's nothing of note close to Silver Springs really. The standard of food on the city is incredible these days. Most places are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Having done a comprehensive search in December, I felt the fillet in Electric was the best. Market Lane excellent too. Luigi Malones very poor. Isaacs good but nothing spectacular. Amicus ditto. There was somewhere else which I have forgotten in my beefy haze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

gimmick wrote: »
    Having done a comprehensive search in December, I felt the fillet in Electric was the best. Market Lane excellent too. Luigi Malones very poor. Isaacs good but nothing spectacular. Amicus ditto. There was somewhere else which I have forgotten in my beefy haze.

Star Anise do a Duo Of Irish Beef - a 6 Oz fillet steak and “Pithivier” of braised beef - had it a few weeks back and it was beyond delicious. Stunning steak - beautifully cooked and seasoned and the beef was really lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

The nicest steaks which I've had in recent times have been in Market Lane and in Star Anise. The Cornstore and Bierhalle are worth honourable mentions but I've been quite disappointed with Isaacs and The Strasbourg Goose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Les Gourmandises. Their roasted fillet of beef is easily the best choice for the discerning carnivore.

Market Lane looks like a winner so going to try that. As I am down on my own with work can I eat in the bar part and don't suppose they had a telly to watch the Liverpool match tomorrow. Is that too much to ask ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Is Thady's in Farren still serving great steak? Had never heard of it until reading this thread but would definitely consider calling in sometime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Market Lane looks like a winner so going to try that. As I am down on my own with work can I eat in the bar part and don't suppose they had a telly to watch the Liverpool match tomorrow. Is that too much to ask ha ha
    They might have a telly in the kitchen.. There are plenty of pubs near by so you could try to time your meal around the game. I suggest the Old Oak for watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Boots234 wrote: »
    Is Thady's in Farren still serving great steak? Had never heard of it until reading this thread but would definitely consider calling in sometime soon

Yes it is. I generally dont get steak when out as its something i like to cook myself so ive never tried the thady. Its only about a 2/3 min drive from me and everyone in the area raves about the place. I never heard a bad word said about it.

• Advertisement

Well after all that the idea of the match on a big screen was too much of a draw so sitting in the Soho bar in front of my own HD TV and going to order the 14 oz fillet.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Had a steak in Soho on Tuesday, it was so bad a greyhound wouldnt eat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Boots234 wrote: »

Yes. Cake and chocolate cake. No place better, but it's not in the city.

Well the steak was really good quality asked for rare but was only medium rare.
    For the night that was in it did the job.

Advertisement