Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biggest steak

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

just an update for people

out in that place in liffey valley the do a 64oz rumpo steak for 59.95 and if you eat it all in under an hour its free :)

whos coming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Package wrote: »
    whos coming?

After reading that I'd imagine a few of the brothers are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Brothers, I work up in Spur Steakhouse. Best bet is to ring in advance (01) 6209100 and ask for it to be ordered in otherwise you'll just have 4 17oz lazy aged rump steaks cooked instead of the big bad boy. When ordering you only want it cooked to medium at most, steak lovers will agree. A guy ordered one two weeks ago, had it well done and ate no more than a sixth of it the pussy.

The record time is 22 minutes by a brother who is obviously a higher being. Oh and it's only one challenge per day unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Anybody who orders a steak well done deserves to have it kicked across the floor first.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

out in that place in liffey valley the do a 64oz rumpo steak for 59.95 and if you eat it all in under an hour its free :)

whos coming?
    thats gonna be a christmas present to myself i think..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

trout wrote: »
    I don't think the Food & Drink forum would like this thread now

throw it to f&d if you want.

thread tennis, me likey.

I'll put it back in AH for the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

the big texan is a meal,i thought itu was just a 72oz steak but apparently theres a few side orders that must be eaten as well

and someone once ate two of them inside an hour

god damn impressive

Now here's the deal. It's not just a 72 oz. steak you have to eat in an hour. You have to eat a 72 oz. steak dinner. That means a salad, a potato, and a roll are included. They are normal-sized, however. As a further penalty, the restaurant's open grill sizzles just behind the platform. If you can't finish, the dinner will cost you fifty bucks.
    According to the menu, 27,500 have tried, 4,600 have succeeded. Pro Wrestler Klondike Bill ate two in an hour back in the 60s, while the quickest anyone finished was in 9 1/2 minutes.
    To wash down whatever it is you ate, beer is offered in giant glasses ($8) and buckets ($16), which you get to keep. But to show support for MADD, The Big Texan has a four drink limit. That means they cut you off after $32 of beer, no questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

this was my idea, me and package are going to up the ante 60oz steak feck 40 and how does 5 8oz steaks make 40

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

100oz steak i ment

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OP, forget it: I can guarantee you that you wont finish a 40oz steak in one sitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Gaspode wrote: »
    OP, forget it: I can guarantee you that you wont finish a 40oz steak in one sitting.

ignore that talk.... being there done that in Texas.... it is easily possible... and I ain't no beer gut :)

Gaspode wrote: »

40 oz steak no problemo..did it in lanzarote in Los Marinaros more than once.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Many moons ago I had an excellent 32oz steak here:
    http://www.smithandwollenskysteakhouses.com/new_york.htm

I did manage to finish it, but I recall having difficulty moving for quite some time.

Behold..Furiouspete..he can do the 72oz in 7 minutes and there's people on here who say it cant be done in an hour??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

ok,, where do i find the biggest steaks? im looking for something like a 40oz or more...

anyone know of any restaurants that serve that big?

all you gotta do is ring in advance and I'm sure they'll get a bigger cut from their supplier for you, or they prob cut the steaks themselves.

I love a big T-bone steak

Wasnt sure where to post this, so i'll give it a bash here. Not the biggest I've ever had, but was on holliers in Japan there last month and had this bad boy in a restaurant in Kobe.

Nicest steak EVER.

pa170220.jpg

Link for anyone too ashamed to admit they're not in the know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_beef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Wasnt sure where to post this, so i'll give it a bash here. Not the biggest I've ever had, but was on holliers in Japan there last month and had this bad boy in a restaurant in Kobe.

Nicest steak EVER.

pa170220.jpg

Link for anyone too ashamed to admit they're not in the know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_beef

I know about it because I read an interview in Slam magazine maybe 12 years ago, Kobe Bryant the basketball player, I cant recall if he was named after the steak, he mentioned it anyway, fed beer and massaged every day

edit* he was named after it!

"His parents named him after a type of steak (kobe) seen on a restaurant menu prior to his birth"

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_bryant/bio.html

I thought this thread was about biggest steak..not nicest steak.
    I'd have that kobe thing on the way to a steak-eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I tried to eat the "GOLIATH T-BONE STEAK 1KG" in Hurricane's in Sydney, couldnt finish it, they couldnt cook it more than medium was a good bit bloody but I gave it a good shot...

http://www.hurricanesgrill.com.au/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,098 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

whos coming?
    You were suggested this place in the 4th reply. Took you long enough to catch on.

To be fair, its a pretty decent steak house. Onion rings are the biz
    Brothers, I work up in Spur Steakhouse. Best bet is to ring in advance (01) 6209100 and ask for it to be ordered in otherwise you'll just have 4 17oz lazy aged rump steaks cooked instead of the big bad boy. When ordering you only want it cooked to medium at most, steak lovers will agree. A guy ordered one two weeks ago, had it well done and ate no more than a sixth of it the pussy.
    Out of curiosity, it the "challenge" the steak only, or steak and veg
    Des wrote: »
    throw it to f&d if you want.

thread tennis, me likey.
    If you really want tennis, throw it over to the vegetarian forum. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Degsy wrote: »
    There's a restaurant in Lanzarote in the old town called Los Marinaros that does a 32 oz steak..absolutley delicious and only 14 quid.

Where in the old town is that Degsy? Never heard of it over there and now I feel cheated. :(

Advertisement