Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biggest steak

Options
  • 30-11-2008 8:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

ok,, where do i find the biggest steaks? im looking for something like a 40oz or more...

anyone know of any restaurants that serve that big?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Package wrote: »
    ok,, where do i find the biggest steaks? im looking for something like a 40oz or more...

Drunken bet or suicide attempt?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

just order 4 10oz ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Get 5 8oz steaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Try Spur steakhouse in Liffey Valley S.C.:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2054915831

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Or 40 1oz steaks
    Or 20 2oz steaks.
    Or 8 5oz steaks.
    Or 10 4oz steaks.
    Or 2 20oz steaks

Or....I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,873 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

make a reservation for one at a steakhouse. couple days in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Meat is murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Meat is murder.

Tasty murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Meat is murder.

It's after murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

feck murder, steak is amazing,,, order a few steaks to add up? thats just silly....

all in one is what i want..

ill try ring before hand and book one,, good idea..

i can shovel the meat into me so wanna see if i can conquer the big one :)

ps, moved to dublin city section,, well if you say so, i cant see the sense in that since wanting a big steak has NOTHING to do with dublin city :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

you can get steak outside dublin btw, gl

exactly, thats what im saying. plus, i was actually very good at maths in school and thank god is stayed with me long enough to know that

4X10=40

and

5X8=40

i really needed that:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

exactly, thats what im saying. plus, i was actually very good at maths in school and thank god is stayed with me long enough to know that

4X10=40

and

5X8=40

i really needed that:D

em, why in one go? two makes sense?

cause then you cant say "i ate a 40oz steak"

hasnt got the same ring when you say "i ate two twenty oz steaks"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you are in dublin city ring any of the FXB restruants and talk to the manangers and given a weeks notice they can order in what ever you want to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Package, you need to find a place that does a good Chateau Briand. Its a sort of roast that the chef will usually carve in front of you on a heated special table thingy. This is usually for two people. You could have it all to yourself.

I really don't think you could cook a 40 ounce steak without overdoing the outside (blasphemy) and leaving the inside raw (yummy). So Chateau Briand or a slow roast sirloin is the thing for you.

There is a place in Glasson village in Westmeath called Glasson Village Restaurant that does a really good one. I don't know why this was moved to the Dublin forum... probably because the moderator of the after hours appreciates that Dubliners are generally more helpful and friendlier than other people in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

cause then you cant say "i ate a 40oz steak"

hasnt got the same ring when you say "i ate two twenty oz steaks"

Yeah but you can have the four 10oz steaks cooked consecutively so each one will be warm, instead of a big yoke that takes hours to cook and then goes cold by the time you're half way through.

Also, cattle in Ireland aren't raised for long after 30 months, I'd say you'd need a good few years before you'd get a steak that was big enough, or else you'd end up with something six inches thick, which again wouldn't cook well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I've seen a 20oz steak which was specially ordered.
    Was kinda shocked about a 40oz steak. I'd say it's possible but you'll have to give a few days notice.
    A much better idea is have 2,3 or 4 steaks, each warm and fresh. brianthebard beat me to it, fair play

And did a quick google and the first result was a 72oz steak :eek:
    Only in America, link has pics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

shanahans do a 24 oz steak, which i've had before and it was amazing. having 2 of those would be pretty tough (but possibly doable). expect to put the price in though as 40 ounces of crappy steak would be pretty sad.

there's also a 20 oz T bone steak in the argentinean bar and grill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Moved to BG & RH (from Dublin City).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

OK ... maybe I'll move it to the Learning to Drive forum next ... on the sound basis that someone who REALLY wants a HUGE steak may wish to Learn to Drive themselves to the restaurant.

Of course ... they will have to take a taxi home, as they will be in a meat coma.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,873 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

trout wrote: »
    OK ... maybe I'll move it to the Learning to Drive forum next ... on the sound basis that someone who REALLY wants a HUGE steak may wish to Learn to Drive themselves to the restaurant.

Of course ... they will have to take a taxi home, as they will be in a meat coma.
    Moved to long term illness ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

how can you second guess a mod with 14k posts moving this from AH to Dublin City? :rolleyes: I suppose i will get banned now but I don't know if I care. This place is like the civil service or something, totally over-moderated. Hey lads, why not put this in food and drink, or make a new forum solely about steaks? Or in the 'biggest steak' sub-forum perhaps?

RGDATA! wrote: »
    how can you second guess a mod with 14k posts moving this from AH to Dublin City? :rolleyes: I suppose i will get banned now but I don't know if I care. This place is like the civil service or something, totally over-moderated. Hey lads, why not put this in food and drink, or make a new forum solely about steaks? Or in the 'biggest steak' sub-forum perhaps?

I don't think the Food & Drink forum would like this thread now ... it's not so fresh anymore.

*looks at AH*

*thinks about civil service*

*thinks about steak .... mmmm .... steeeeeaaaaaaaak*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There's a restaurant in Lanzarote in the old town called Los Marinaros that does a 32 oz steak..absolutley delicious and only 14 quid.

*looks for Lanzarote forum*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Shame on you..................

Would you not order a 40 oz toffu or bean churd...

Same on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Might wanna get some lube for the follow through on that bad boy and don't make any plans for the weekend!!

• Advertisement

thanks for all the help on this lads,,, thanks to Lightening and Brain

plus, i gotta move to lanzarote so see ya there degsy :D:D

we did the 20oz t-bones where i worked for ages and always wanted more after them, ate 2 before, but still,, not the big i ate a 40oz...

ok,,, im off to ring FXB to get my order in, :D:D

hmmmmmmmmmmm, steak,, i DONT havea beer gut though :cool:

Advertisement