Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

It turns out Nissans claim that the GTr is faster than the Porsche GT2 is rubbish

Options
2»

Comments

Well a friend of mine has a 200sx with a confirmed 340bhp and 430nm of torque and I have done more than 10 5.5ish seconds 0-60's in it never mind him and its his daily drive so I can see why a car designed from day one to be less than 2 seconds faster to 60 cannot handle the power! I for 1 doubt very much that the GT-R is that delicate especially when it appears in UK spec with a proper European warranty which will no doubt cover the gear box despite use of the launch control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Well a friend of mine has a 200sx with a confirmed 340bhp and 430nm of torque and I have done more than 10 5.5ish seconds 0-60's in it never mind him and its his daily drive so I can see why a car designed from day one to be less than 2 seconds faster to 60 cannot handle the power! I for 1 doubt very much that the GT-R is that delicate especially when it appears in UK spec with a proper European warranty which will no doubt cover the gear box despite use of the launch control.

you obviously have very little understanding of what it takes to make a car go that fast. 3.5 seconds to 60 was unheard of by any car other than the McLaren F1/kit cars 10 years ago. there is huge stress on a transmission to put that kind of power down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Its the E46 with 360hp. There isn't an E92 CSL yet but it has been spied at the ring.

samsemtex wrote: »
    you obviously have very little understanding of what it takes to make a car go that fast. 3.5 seconds to 60 was unheard of by any car other than the McLaren F1/kit cars 10 years ago. there is huge stress on a transmission to put that kind of power down.

I know very well how hard it is on the clutch and gearbox getting big power to the wheels but no matter how hard it is its possible to do so with modern clutch and gearbox configurations without eating them. The point I was making is if an almost 10 year old car can put 340bhp to the wheels with an after market clutch and a standard gear box(designed for 200 bhp) then Nissan with the massive investment which they no doubt have put into the car have managed to come up with a system capable of doing what its supposed to with out falling apart.

I do understand how much more difficult it is getting 3.5sec to 60 rather than say 5+ seconds but thats where new developments, investment and very strong(and expensive) materials come in.

Advertisement