Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moves banned by WWE ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

All i know is i'm glad WWF did'nt listen to Jimmy Hart in '87 when he tried to get the DDT banned :pac:

Actually, funnily enough, that was'nt the last time the WWF tried to get rid of the DDT -

http://www.panda.org/about_wwf/what_we_do/policy/toxics/problems/our_chemical_world/ddt/index.cfm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The pepsi plunge is just not a good finsher. Punk obviously cant do it bigger guys and it's not the type of finisher you can pull out of no where. Thats why the stunner is the perfect finisher

Yeah Punk is limited when it comes to finishers, sure he struggles to do the GTS on big guys, he broke Snitskys nose doing it on Raw once, luckily for him nobody gives a damn about poor old Snitsky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

D-FENS wrote: »
    All i know is i'm glad WWF did'nt listen to Jimmy Hart in '87 when he tried to get the DDT banned :pac:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,494 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

a-hole wrote: »
    did i see a female compediter use a version of the canidian distroyer on raw last night think it was melana

Ya it was Melina..Of course, her hopping on the back of her opponent and taking 5 minutes to do the move wasnt as good as PWs execution of it..He can do it out of the blue..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Jake Roberts version of the DDT was a little more dangerous than ddts these days though

• Advertisement

EdK wrote: »
    Jake Roberts version of the DDT was a little more dangerous than ddts these days though

Ask Ricky Steamboat! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Ask Ricky Steamboat! :D

He probably still doesnt remember

Wasnt there a wrestlemainia or royal Rumble a good few years ago were Dean Malenko did a powerbomb or pile driver off the top rope with Scotty Too Hotty . It got them into big trouble with Linda .

Wasnt there a wrestlemainia or royal Rumble a good few years ago were Dean Malenko did a powerbomb or pile driver off the top rope with Scotty Too Hotty . It got them into big trouble with Linda .

Yeah the Wrestlemania 2000 intergender tag match. They went mad paro over dangerous moves because it was only a few months earlier when the D-Lo/Droz incident happened. They went ape over the hardcore division around that time too, due to the amount of injuries sustained at the hands of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

When did this happen? Have'nt noticed HHH use one lately now that you mention it, last one i remember off hand was Batista beating Khali with one for the belt last year.

Yeah I think BIG Dave used a spinebuster too ? :confused:

I suppose the case isn't really that moves are banned as such maybe it's just that you need permission to do x,y,z ?

Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels both had very good piledrivers. The King's was good too.

I just had a look on youtube for some clips of the Vertebreaker - there's dozens of clips of morons doing the move on concrete

• Advertisement

I suppose the case isn't really that moves are banned as such maybe it's just that you need permission to do x,y,z ?

Nah they're definitely banned, it's just a case of exceptions. Kinda like WWE's wellness policy ;)

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Nah they're definitely banned, it's just a case of exceptions. Kinda like WWE's wellness policy ;)

Haha :)
    You as a Shawn fan, did you like his piledriver ? I'm just playing Smackdown v Raw 08 here and Bret's piledriver looks really good. Both of them kinda did a jump . I nearly decapitated my brother once with a botched piledriver in a our bedroom. fail or wha ?:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Did i hear them call it the Triangle of Death on WWE TV recently?

And the death sentence before that.....
    When did this happen? Have'nt noticed HHH use one lately now that you mention it, last one i remember off hand was Batista beating Khali with one for the belt last year.

It got banned when piledrivers did.

They dont want to have wrestlers using certion moves as transition moves up and down the card due to their risk factor.

Haha :)
    You as a Shawn fan, did you like his piledriver ? I'm just playing Smackdown v Raw 08 here and Bret's piledriver looks really good. Both of them kinda did a jump . I nearly decapitated my brother once with a botched piledriver in a our bedroom. fail or wha ?:P

I never really paid any attention to piledrivers after Wrestlemania V once Arn and Tully spiked Tito Santana, nothing was going to win over that, not even Mark Calloway *gasp!*

Until Summerslam when Owen botched the piledriver on Austin, and we know what happened there.

I'm watching Wrestlefest 1994. There's a match between Bret and Owen Hart (before Owen turned heel) against the Steiner Brothers. Scott Steiner had Owen in a vertical suplex and then turned it into a piledriver, he just drop him on his head :eek: .
    I think it's the camera angle that's making me make that eek face, but it's a pretty devestating looking move.

About 5mins 30 seconds into this vid below :

http://dailymotion.alice.it/relevance/search/hart%2Bvs%2Bsteiner%2Bbrothers/video/x4b6ia_bret-hart-and-owen-hart-vs-the-stei_sport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

rovert wrote: »
    Add spinebusters to the list.
    Batista used a spinebuster on Ziggler (Who i was very impressed with despite the loss, on Raw Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I'm watching Wrestlefest 1994. There's a match between Bret and Owen Hart (before Owen turned heel) against the Steiner Brothers. Scott Steiner had Owen in a vertical suplex and then turned it into a piledriver, he just drop him on his head :eek: .
    I think it's the camera angle that's making me make that eek face, but it's a pretty devestating looking move.

About 5mins 30 seconds into this vid below :

http://dailymotion.alice.it/relevance/search/hart%2Bvs%2Bsteiner%2Bbrothers/video/x4b6ia_bret-hart-and-owen-hart-vs-the-stei_sport
    Ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭RadioGaGa

Steiner Screwdriver I think that move is called. Saw it on youtube a few weeks ago, looks stiff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Jayo4Prez

Scott Steiner had Owen in a vertical suplex and then turned it into a piledriver, he just drop him on his head

Someone on the indy circuit does that and calls it the screwdriver, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Jayo4Prez wrote: »
    Scott Steiner had Owen in a vertical suplex and then turned it into a piledriver, he just drop him on his head

Someone on the indy circuit does that and calls it the screwdriver, right?

Steiner did it in WCW and Japan dubbing it the Steiner Screwdriver. I am fairly sure Steiner invented it but with Wrestling who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ah the old Steiner Screwdriver. One of my favourite moves. Jay Briscoe hits a pretty sick version of this AFAIR.

Advertisement