Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US / UK (SKY): 4X12 - " Selfless" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 25-11-2008 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

US / UK (Sky): 4X12 - " Selfless" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]
    - WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "Selfless" -

Episode Title: " Selfless"
    Airdate: November 24th 2008

TV.com Summary:
    Sara takes a hostage in a bid to secure Scylla. Michael and Lincoln finally meet the General while one of their members switches allegiance.
    This episode shall air on:

(US) - FOX - November 24th 2008
    (IE) - RTÉ 2 - December 2nd 2008
    (UK) - SKY 1 - November 25th 2008

If you are sure you have seen the episode as mentioned above (on the channels on those original airdates), you can move down further in order to discuss the episode.

Otherwise, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - there shall be major plot details of the episode revealed and discussed below with no spoiler tags used!

What did you think of "Selfless"? 54 votes

0%
    57%
    LumpMossy MonkkaimeraOur man in HavanaMisterAnarchyStephen PmobUnearthlyDingDongweederEyespySlippin JimmyRick_GBXAgamemnonRedisleA PJelloThorjimmay 31 votes
    14%
    Mr ElukinLFCFanRodVelvetSherifuAlso Starring LeVar BurtonAldebaranThe Buster 8 votes
    18%
    weemcdziggyEoinClaremanZiMZuMBrianb8802lostirishgirlNewApproachbrick tamlandNo1XtinaFan 10 votes
    3%
    skibumDiddler82 2 votes
    3%
    tw0nkJ-blk 2 votes
    0%
    1%
    jor el 1 vote
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That was simply stunning. Edge of your seat stuff

Suck it General :D

I knew Self was going to betray the team, but the realisation on the teams faces after they discovered what Self done was nicely done

Top stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Awesome episode!

Looks like Self is it in for the money. See the way he was seriosuly pissed off when Trish Ann/Miriam shot Fang. Then he was asking about other buyers once he got Scylla. The whole lockdown in the Generals office was brilliant. Really top notch stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

im slightly confused, is the team free to go or will there be men on there way to arrest them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭Rick_

There's an error in the original post, it still says "Quiet Riot" but who's counting, really?

After the cliffhanger we were left on last week, I can't wait to see this tonight on Sky 1 HD!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

weeder wrote: »
    im slightly confused, is the team free to go or will there be men on there way to arrest them.

They are not free, the papers they thought they were going to sign to set them free were blank pages that Scofield discovered at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!

simple as

this episode was brilliant.

cant wait to see how it keeps going with this arc!!!!!!!!

loved the fact that the episode was called selfless and its 'self' who betrayed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Great episode.
    Actually, 1 of the best PB episodes ever.
    The last 10 minutes you were just waiting for that something but I just couldn't see what it was going to be.

While shocking, I have my doubts over whether they could in anyway explain Self twist turn well.

But it was horribly ruined by the untimely death of Trishanne :(

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

What a brilliant bloody episode! My money is on T-Bag taking out Self at some stage. Mahone giving a sterling performance as always but absolutely loved Linc tonight. Second whoever said it was one of the best PB episodes ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

cooker3 wrote: »
    But it was horribly ruined by the untimely death of Trishanne :(

I know - not good, but she got a much larger role than I thought she had in the beginning.

Good episode alright though. I hope T-Bag stops being such a moany bitch and be evil again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Fantastic episode. Really enjoyed it. Back on top form!

How many left to go?

• Advertisement

That was brilliant! It was also episode 12, so there are 4 more to go and then the 2 hour finale next year I believe. Even though the episode was called Selfless I never thought it would be Self who was the traitor. And he shot secretary right in her assets. Shame! I cant wait to see what the next 4 episodes have in store, I take it Michael's operation is gonna feature in them or the final scene before fading to black in the very last episode is Michael going in for the op, leaving it up to us to decide if he survives or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Superb episode ,the show is firing on full cylinders again .
    I didnt see Self doublecrossing them .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Paddy C wrote: »
    I take it Michael's operation is gonna feature in them or the final scene before fading to black in the very last episode is Michael going in for the op, leaving it up to us to decide if he survives or not?

I don't think the writers have the balls to do that, after they jumped the shark by bringing back Dr Sarah Forehead from the grave.

Come on, tw0nk... how can you vote this episode a 6??!?!?? You can't be serious?!?! What was so bad about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Amazing, didn't the Self change around coming tbh, nor would I say anyone did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Well I was guite underwhelmed by that. The double cross was coming from a mile off, just didn't see it as Self. I though it would be his boss. Only when Self left Michael and the others at the warehouse did it look like something wasn't right with him.

The silly things like Trishanne letting T-Bag and Gretchen go, twice in the case of Gretchen. The waiting around for the ambulance and cops after Self left, why wouldn't they get Michael to a hospital? The General walking into a trap, did he really think Michael was alone? The stuff in the office with the boss getting killed. Trishanne telling Gretchen to drop her weapon, that was just stupid. All just annoying.

The good bits were the General not knowing what to do next. The crew walking out with Scylla. The swaperoo with Scylla at the airport and getting the general's guys arrested.

Overall though, quite a let down, another fake ending and another continuance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep, it was a good, but by no means amazing episode - the whole episode you know a "big" twist is coming because obviously it can't all be over quite yet and then the writers randomly choose someone, in this case, Self. And it was evident that this is where they were going from the point where the Chinese guy was killed and Self was p****d off. But up to this episode, there was nothing to foretell that it would be him, so it does seem like they just picked him at the last minute...

And the papers at the end... so there they are holding their freedom essentially in their hands and nobody wants to open the envelope right then and there, before Self takes off? Plus you would think that with all the double crossing Michael has gone through, he wouldn't trust Self that easily (what did he ever do to earn their trust anyway?).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

To be honest I saw the twist coming from as soon as the boss said "I didn't think you'd pull it off", I didn't see him killing the secetary, pity really she was getting to be an interesting character and I would have liked to have seen her get together with the team and T-Bag to get after Self.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Clareman wrote: »
    pity really she was getting to be an interesting character and I would have liked to have seen her get together with Gretchen for some hot lesbian action

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Top top episode. Didn't see the twist coming until Self asked about other buyers. I thought the company would foil their plans and that would fill up the remaining episodes. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

brillant episode

Self changing sides :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great episode alright. I think the twist was partially ruined by the episode title though.... "Selfless".

Mr E wrote: »
    Great episode alright. I think the twist was partially ruined by the episode title though.... "Selfless".
    Didn't know anything about the title. Think that helped while watching it. :)

I thought the title was gonna refer to someone giving themselves for the cause, especially Michael as he was trapped in the room on his own (or so we thought), he was gonna give himself up so the others could carry on to get Scylla or somehting.

Anyway, according to some articles I have read there are 10 more episodes to go and then a 2 hour movie to end it all, but Fox don't know if they will even show the movie after they have made it...

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Wow amazing episode why does the poll not give the option of voting higher than 10 out of 10! :D I think it was definitely one of the best episodes ever, the only other one I can think of that stands out is the Season 1 escape finale. And that was the result of the whole first season leading to but this episode was what all 4 seasons have been culminating in: the takedown of the company! Powerful stuff! I couldn't wait to see what happened after last weeks cliffhanger. And I can't wait to see what happens in next week's episode!
    I saw the title "Selfless" and was waiting for Self to get popped the whole episode. Even at the end I wwhen it came down to him or Trishanne I was more suprised to see him live!
    One thing I didn't get was how Michael and co. thought they'd never have to look over there shoulders again? The executioners are going to be after them!?
    Poor Sucre will have to put that beer on hold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Come on, tw0nk... how can you vote this episode a 6??!?!?? You can't be serious?!?! What was so bad about it?

It was a joke, their seriously dragging it out at this stage it's getting like Lost.

I could see the twist coming a mile. Are none of you getting sick of the drawn out style of the series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

keen wrote: »
    Are none of you getting sick of the drawn out style of the series?

I am enjoying it.

And I see Keen has voted this a 1.

God, I bet you're a real fun, exciting person! :rolleyes:

Saw that earlier. I just think this show isn't for them. If they want to keep watching it let them fire away. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

I've seen every episode since season 1.

I'm entitled to my opinion as much as your are, IMO the series is being dragged out way too much and this episode is the best example of that, that's why I didn't like it.

I dislike one episode of Prison Break and you suggest I'm boring? :confused:

Advertisement