Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today's Cheapest Petrol/Diesel

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

petrol 98.5cpl
    desil 85.9cpl
    Today @ Topaz Monavalley Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Caught the prices lastnight on the way through Killarney ... was 88.9 diesel with 101.9 for petrol in Tesco and Topaz.

Now why can't the prices stay static, what's with all the fluctuations like, their really is no need for it.

that 40euro spend in the shop is very reasonable ... now if only a few more businesses done something along that level.

The two stations on the Tralee Road roundabout are still selling petrol for 103.9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Caught the prices lastnight on the way through Killarney ... was 88.9 diesel with 101.9 for petrol in Tesco and Topaz.

Now why can't the prices stay static, what's with all the fluctuations like, their really is no need for it.

so long as the prices are coming down, they can fluctuate all they want!!

the reason for the fluctuations is because oil is a traded commodity, like shares or gold, for example. oil is traded in an exchange just like shares. When high demand for oil price goes up, low demand price goes down is a simple way of explaining it. i dont know why it has to be traded like this, but thats the way it is unfortunately

dmeehan wrote: »
    so long as the prices are coming down, they can fluctuate all they want!!

the reason for the fluctuations is because oil is a traded commodity, like shares or gold, for example. oil is traded in an exchange just like shares. When high demand for oil price goes up, low demand price goes down is a simple way of explaining it. i dont know why it has to be traded like this, but thats the way it is unfortunately

Yeah thanks but I knew this. What angers me is that the vast majority of the petrol stations would have bought their supplies when the supplies were being sold cheaper, therefore, out of good faith should keep their pricings steady for the customers - and not fluctuate them up and down every second/third day.

• Advertisement

e-sull wrote: »
    Garveys Dingle have unleaded for 99.9 which is cheap for Dingle... If you spend upwards on €40 in Garveys shop in town you get 10c per litre off petrol so 89.9c... Compared to Moran's 101.9 500 metres in the road.......... :confused:

I guess that bigger businesses can make money from cash flow, money in bank and being able to negotiate later payments etc. plus the more liters of fuel they sell the bigger rebate the get from oil companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

that 40euro spend in the shop is very reasonable ... now if only a few more businesses done something along that level.

The two stations on the Tralee Road roundabout are still selling petrol for 103.9

They will always be doing that, both stations are owned by the same people, always sell at the same price, and are normally among the most expensive in Killarney. They just like to catch people on both sides of the road.

filled up on diesel in Tesco Killarney last night

Diesel: 86.9
    Petrol: 100.9 (i think, not 100% sure)

remember to fill up on April 6th, excise duty will almost certainly be hit in the mini budget on April 7th!!!!

Petrol: 100.9 (i think, not 100% sure)

remember to fill up on April 6th, excise duty will almost certainly be hit in the mini budget on April 7th!!!!

Yeah you're right. I passed by there earlier and that's what it was.

:eek: Oh dmeehan, didn't think of that too much. Cheers for the tip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Are they still giving 5c discount if you buy €50 in the shop

• Advertisement

newman10 wrote: »
    Are they still giving 5c discount if you buy €50 in the shop
    dont think so, although i was in a buit of a rush so it could well have been there and I just didnt notice

dont think so, although i was in a buit of a rush so it could well have been there and I just didnt notice
    has anyone noticed if gargaes have put up the 5c on diesel from the budget?
    Kellihers and maxol (beside clash roundabout) were still selling diesel at 92c yesterday

I think most places are @99 cpl today

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

Yes. Most seem to be 99c but I saw a place in Cork today for 94 CPL !

97.9 cpl diesel
    103.9 cpl petrol
    Topaz Monavalley today

I'm just in from a drive around and well the cheapest petrol in Killarney tonight is 102.9 at Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I'm just in from a drive around and well the cheapest petrol in Killarney tonight is 102.9 at Tesco

Same story today, Tesco @ 102.9.

any diesel prices lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Diesel 97.9 McCarthys Fossa

the petrol had creeped up to 106.9 in Topaz this morning but Tesco is still stable at 102.9

• Advertisement

Maxol on Muckross Road seems to be the lowest in town at 111.9 but the topaz & texaco in Killarney and Killorglin are at 113.9 today

I filled up with diesel in Topaz at Manor West in Tralee yesterday - 96.9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Petrol 110c Lynch's Ballybunion

Advertisement