Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today's Cheapest Petrol/Diesel

Options
  • 23-11-2008 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

I read this on another forum and I think it would be good to help each other out down here and mention petrol stations around Kerry and what they are selling their petrol/diesel at today, any-day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

to get the ball rolling: Topaz on ParkRoad in Killarney currently at 102.9 down from 108.9 lastweek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Kellihers and Topaz in Manor Tralee are 99.9 also O'Connors down the road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Kellihers and Topaz in Manor Tralee are 99.9 also O'Connors down the road

Kellihers, AKA Kelloil have three outlets in Tralee all @ 99.9 for petrol, I think diesel was cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

The cheapest I found in Tralee today was 100.9 (The little place near argos), in Killarney the cheapest I saw was 101.9 (The place next to McDonalds). I hear tesco in Killarney was 99.9 yesterday too, but I have no idea about today.

:mad: Today Kelloil is €1.03.9 diesel --- €1.05.9 petrol, from 99.9c yesterday.

:) Topas in Monavalley still 99.9c for both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Petrol was 99.9c in Tescos in killarney today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Centra manor 99.9 Great gas near horans were 98.9 last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

O'Connors in Tralee was 99.9 all weekend while Kellihers and Topaz up the road were 10X.XX. They spotted it soon enough though as KellOil etc were all 99.9 as I was leaving Tralee yesterday.

Always happy to give my business to O'Connors. They drop the cost when they can, and a lovely friendly family based service. Even if KellOil were 90.9 I wouldn't go there!

440Hz wrote: »
    Always happy to give my business to O'Connors. They drop the cost when they can, and a lovely friendly family based service. Even if KellOil were 90.9 I wouldn't go there!

My kind of man, woman person, I uaually go to, what is now Topaz, in Monavalley. 99.9c for petrol all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Topaz today 95.9:D kelloil and the rest of the places were 97.9

• Advertisement

I read today that parts of county Cork are selling petrol & diesel
    @ €0-89.99 :).
    I hope that all our fuel retailers are reading this, and will follow their lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

The station in Glenflesk and the Killarney Tesco had petrol @ 94.9 today.
    I'm afraid I didn't notice their diesel prices.

Mounthawk Topaz ~ diesel 89.9c today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Bring on the recession eh!:D

Never thoughht id see prices down that low again!

Topaz was 92.9 for petrol today, hell-oil was 91.9 and the maxol a little up from it was also 91.9

oeb wrote: »
    hell-oil

The letter J is between k and h, so I am wondering - was this a typo ?. :rolleyes:

dh0661 wrote: »
    The letter J is between k and h, so I am wondering - was this a typo ?. :rolleyes:

Of course. A completely innocent typo. I would never indicate that a certain tralee filling station is ummm not the best.

Of course. A completely innocent typo. I would never indicate that a certain tralee filling station is ummm not the best.

Pity about that, so I must be the only person around here thinks that actual filling station (all three of them) is.

They always seem to be on the other side of the road anytime I approach them. :rolleyes:

Pity about that, so I must be the only person around here thinks that actual filling station (all three of them) is.

They always seem to be on the other side of the road anytime I approach them. :rolleyes:

At least you are going about it the right way so (Leaving Tralee in the Killarney direction)

No change on the prices today coming into tralee from the Killarney side, but the place near argos was open this morning.

Petrol 90.9
    Desiel 87.9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Kelloil, Tralee are selling : Petrol 91.9 and Diesel 89.9

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

At least you are going about it the right way so (Leaving Tralee in the Killarney direction)

I do like this ! :D

Sheahans at Glenbeigh have an electric sign boasting the cheapest fuel in Kerry but my wife is driving this week and I have my hands over my eyes most of the time. I'll post the price when I can see it. It's a long way for most of you, I do realise.

94.9c for both unleaded and diesel in Topaz Monavalley today 10/01/09. Cheap enough for unleaded I think, I've seen it @ 96.9c in other places around town.

Just out of curiosity,what car do you drive donna?:)

Just out of curiosity,what car do you drive donna?:)

A little black banger called &ollox, and sometimes I drive the hubby's bigger black banger called &itch. :rolleyes:

A little black banger called &ollox, and sometimes I drive the hubby's bigger black banger called &itch. :rolleyes:
    Aha,thought i was the only one that drove old bangers around here!!;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Orna

Sign up for a fuel card if you're a regular commuter -payment monthly by direct debit - you get texts when prices are lower -and receive a fixed
    price ,and you might get a few free car washes thrown in too.:)

Tesco do a deal don't they if you do a big weekly shop ?

Orna wrote: »
    Tesco do a deal don't they if you do a big weekly shop ?

Hubby reckons Tesco petrol is crap, along with Kelloil and Topaz. He says that gets much better mileage from maxol.
    He also says he gets much better mileage when I'm not driving his car :rolleyes:.

BTW, I was in Killarney today - €102.9 per litre at the roundabout near Lidl.
    RIP OFF:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Orna

Heard about the low grade petrol thing before but is that not also an allergy to waiting in line , no bumper to bumpers in the maxols round Killarney I can comment .

Its really down to driving technique and regular services to squeeze those extra drops innit !

As for the big flashing signs saying cheapest petrol , its illegal not to display the price and thats what you should notice first not after you have pulled in with petrol cap in hand .

Tip - top up before you head to Dingle !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Hubby reckons Tesco petrol is crap, along with Kelloil and Topaz. He says that gets much better mileage from maxol.

I've heard several claims that Tesco & Kelloil may be substandard.
    The head of Topaz has stated that they use higher quality additives to improve the mileage when using their fuel.

Every time I've work out the mileage I'm getting it's 50MPG based on a tank full, no matter where I've filled up.

Advertisement