Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do ye girls only seem to go for GAA jocks?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Bruce11

Each to their own, some people are attracted to the wrong sort as some see it yet in their own eyes it is the type of person they crave.

Alpha males seem in fairness to get the girls but it is all down to people themselves, one needs to push themselves and make chances for themselves. GAA jocks are confident, appear strong and with a winning mindset so alot of women will chase this type of male.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I love how this thread basically claims that there are only two types of men:

1. GAA heads.

2. Intellectual musos.

I'm neither of these things, am I in a lot of trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

1. GAA heads.

2. Intellectual musos.

There's different type of people other than musicians and gaa heads? No never, not on boards. i refuse to believe it...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Bruce11 wrote: »
    GAA jocks are confident, appear strong and with a winning mindset so alot of women will chase this type of male.

This obviously excludes us Dubs.....:D

There's different type of people other than musicians and gaa heads? No never, not on boards. i refuse to believe it...:)

Heh lol. It leads to an interesting question though, what do we call the miscellaneous who don't slot neatly into those two categories? And who likes them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

1. GAA heads.

2. Intellectual musos.

You and me both Julio Weak Newspaperman, looks like we're rightly fcuked. And not in a good way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 smiley_colly

I Think Its the confidence that comes with the guys that play sports that attracts girls..Oh and that their mentioned i the paper :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

what do we call the miscellaneous who don't slot neatly into those two categories?

Normal.
    And who likes them?

Everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Bruce11

Zaph wrote: »
    You and me both Frada, looks like we're rightly fcuked. And not in a good way.

Yeah best correct it so, 3 types, you lads are the 3rd category, padantic eh?

You and me both Frada, looks like we're rightly fcuked. And not in a good way.

We never are. :(

If we were, I'd correct your spelling and tell you you spelt "pedantic" wrong. I wont though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Tetchy eh?

Dudess wrote: »
    Tetchy eh?

Nope, just sarcastic.

No, we'd be pedantic. ;)

EDIT: Sorry, I just spotted that Frada managed to be even more pedantic than me there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Dublin_Andy

camel toe wrote: »
    those people are gay. anyone wud prefer someone with good condition rather than some skinny moron writing potry....ROFL

generalise much...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Girls doing physiotherapy are always going to be interested in sports and sportsmen.
    This is quite true, its the field they wish to work in after all.
    Besides when these 'jocks' get over their peak and hit their 30's they'll stop being able to play so much regular sport and all that muscle will turn to fat! ;)
    Well just to enlighten you, muscle dont turn into fat, it just loses its tone over time so looks that way;)

On the course i'm doing (Sports Therapy, i am male btw) the females arent all too interested in feeling up the more sporty types like me, its mostly about getting the practice in and look to get a nice job in future:) I'd say those ones on the physio course are just in for a cheap drop of the hand and a bit of a feel, literally taking the "job at hand":P What i would imagine these girls are attracted to though is the fact alot of sportsmen are ambitious, dedicated to something and have courage and heart...typical alpha male qualities. Mainly the same reasons bands get groupies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

A very common thing i've noticed in my college.
    All girls only seem to go for the GAA jocks and don't quite give much of a chance to the other more intellectual guys.
    Why is this so?

Or maybe to put it another why do ye seem to prefer a not that intellectual GAA playing jock over a more intellectual musician or something...? Ya know, someone who can write and sing to you songs about love, lust, philosophy and hate...

Its like the plot of some awful American "teen comedy" transplanted to a boards.ie thread.

I like sport AND music. "Intellectual" music too. I'm confused. Where do I fit in?

Its like the plot of some awful American "teen comedy" transplanted to a boards.ie thread.

I like sport AND music. "Intellectual" music too. I'm confused. Where do I fit in?

You're in the fourth category.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Go to Whelans, I'm sure as a misunderstood musician you will score.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

You don't. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Wheres a GAA head gonna take you, Supermacs?

Never mind the Hang Sandwiches girls, once you do the post-march Burdocks after a thrilling Dublin soccer derby- you'll never go near the bogball again :pac:
    Go to Whelans, I'm sure as a misunderstood musician you will score

It's Whelans
    remove the words "as a minsunderstood musician" and its still about right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭coffey-16

did ye ever think that a gaa head cud b an intellectual and a poet b well conditioned and play gaa??

coffey-16 wrote: »
    did ye ever think that a gaa head cud b an intellectual and a poet b well conditioned and even play gaa??

coffey-16, please read the charter regarding text speak.

Thanks

You're in the fourth category.

The FOURTH category?? How are the poor girls supposed to cope with such a bewildering array of personality types?
    Galvasean wrote: »
    You don't. :mad:

Now that makes far more sense.

coffey-16, please read the charter regarding text speak.

Thanks

sorry thats where damn msn gets ya!:p

Personally, I don't understand this whole romantic notion of poets and musicians being considered intellectuals. Just because they tend to have their hearts on their sleeves more often doesn't they're more sensitive, they're just conceited imo.

The FOURTH category?? How are the poor girls supposed to cope with such a bewildering array of personality types

Magic.

coffey-16 wrote: »
    did ye ever think that a gaa head cud b an intellectual and a poet b well conditioned and play gaa??

Now, that's just crazy talk.

Crazy, you hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Personally, I don't understand this whole romantic notion of poets and musicians being considered intellectuals. Just because they tend to have their hearts on their sleeves more often doesn't they're more sensitive, they're just conceited imo.

It is actually proven that musicians generally have a high IQ and are very intelligent...
    But then i don't wanna sound conceited. Its just you need to be quite intellectual to be able to make good music. Good music that can provoke thought and emotions. Not the everyday love songs, but the more deeper stuff. Think David Bowie, think Pink Floyd, think Radiohead.
    I think you'll agree their music is pretty intellectual...
    And i think the word "intellectual" is quite being beaten to death in here!!

And i think the word "intellectual" is quite being beaten to death in here!!

ok lets start using words like highbrow, studious and scholarly:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

This is quite true, its the field they wish to work in after all. Well just to enlighten you, muscle dont turn into fat, it just loses its tone over time so looks that way;)

On the course i'm doing (Sports Therapy, i am male btw) the females arent all too interested in feeling up the more sporty types like me, its mostly about getting the practice in and look to get a nice job in future:) I'd say those ones on the physio course are just in for a cheap drop of the hand and a bit of a feel, literally taking the "job at hand":P What i would imagine these girls are attracted to though is the fact alot of sportsmen are ambitious, dedicated to something and have courage and heart...typical alpha male qualities. Mainly the same reasons bands get groupies too.

Muscle doesn't lose "tone" if such a made up thing even exists.

Advertisement