Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Libertas is a conspiracy

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

King Mob wrote: »
    So then you haven't read it?
    You're just making all the stuff up about it bringing in RFID?
    I'm shocked.
    No its in the smal print. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

No its in the smal print. :rolleyes:

Going to back that up in anyway, you know with actual evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

":rolleyes:":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,288 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Thomas J. Clarke, Sean Mac Diarmada, Thomas MacDonagh, P.H. Pearse, Eamonn Ceannt, James Connolly, Joseph Plunkett would have all turned in their graves had the people of Ireland voted YES.

they sure would but YES will probably get the vote next time around:mad:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    and more power to the yes voters, at least they dont have to tell lies to get the vote.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Of Course they will, National pride has gone the toilet, You see tricolors thrown on the ground after matches, one very rarely hears Amhran Na Bhiann played by a live band or Disco any more. Its a shame.

Sweden just signed a pact with the BEAST on Wednesday. The Sheeple of Ireland will all follow the same sheeple to the Slaughter houst of Brussels. When this pact with the Devil is signed Ireland will become the RUNT of Europe.

Only last month there was national outcry when the Government tried to reveres the medical cards for pensioners, The Government backed down. If the European Parliament made a similar move IRELAND WOULD ONLY HAVE A 3% SAY, In other words we would have NO chance of fighting against this totalitarian dictatorship if we did not agree to a policy.

Our 10 years grace of Corporation TAX sweetener will go down the Toilet, along with Obamas policy US and Foreign companies will be queuing up to leave the country.

People see the outside of this European Constitution but the fail to see the inside of it and the small print of which is rotten to the core.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

hey I was hoping we could drag Declan Ganley's name through the mud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 fumpidge

hey I was hoping we could drag Declan Ganley's name through the mud
    Back to that man, the Government would give their right hands for a publicity candidate like Ginley. It is now turning into a propaganda battle and this is only the beginning.

what sickens me is that declan ganley will probably run for election soon, and people will vote for him, just cos he was the "vote no" guy. i just dont trust him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

An Irish lights tender "The Graunaile" moored in Dunlaoghaire harbour in the 80's, the Commissioners of Irish Lights flag which is based on the St George was raised in a higher position that the Irish Tricolor. A threatening phone call was made to the head office to have this matter correct ASAP. It never happened again.

Could you imagine some day during a EU convention in Ireland if the EU flag was to be raised higher than the Tricolor and all other EU members flags? I could well happen. If there are several flags together No flag should be raised higher than the Tricolor in Ireland!

Tell us more about this threatening phone call?

This flag-waving crap is exactly the issue I have with Libertas, Coir, Sinn Fein and the various other nationalist nut jobs that crawl out from under every stone when Irelands involvement in the EU is under question.
    "the objective of this treaty is a United States of Europe with a European army. Irish people will be compelled to fight wars with European powers decide to wage. Neutrality will go and compulsory military service for our youth will be introduced"

The above quote is from Sinn Fein in 1973 against Ireland joining the EEC. The No campagain have consistantly used scare mongering to dissuade the electorate from voting to ratify the treaty. Historical fact!

Ireland will continue to be overrepresented in the EU. Ireland represents 1/27th of the Member States votes.
    In other words Ireland retains 3.7% of the voting weight despite having less than 1% of the population of the EU. It's also important to point out that each EU comissioner is responsible for every EU citizen, not just their fellow country-men.

Lisbon is a good deal (especially for the smaller countries).That's why the government and opposition politicans of Finland, Denmark, Lithuania and Slovakia who get the same deal as us are behind it.

• Advertisement

studiorat wrote: »
    Tell us more about this threatening phone call?
    I don't know much more other than what I already mentioned as it was well over 20 years ago during the height of troubles. The Irish Lighthouse service is run by Trinity House which is also a part of English Scottish and Welsh light house service.
    This flag-waving crap is exactly the issue I have with Libertas, Coir, Sinn Fein and the various other nationalist nut jobs that crawl out from under every stone when Ireland's involvement in the EU is under question.
    This has nothing got to do with waving a piece of cloth, its about principals. I am fully supportive of democracy, our forefathers fought for it. I hate to see all this thrown away with a Pan European undemocratic document. The people of Ireland voted NO end of story.
    The above quote is from Sinn Fein in 1973 against Ireland joining the EEC. The No campaign have consistently used scare mongering to dissuade the electorate from voting to ratify the treaty. Historical fact!
    I had nothing against Joining the EEC back in 1975 as I was led to believe that it was just an economic trade agreement, However it is now developing itself into a powerful monster that is snowballing in size as it takes on more and more roles.
    Ireland will continue to be overrepresented in the EU. Ireland represents 1/27th of the Member States votes.
    In other words Ireland retains 3.7% of the voting weight despite having less than 1% of the population of the EU. It's also important to point out that each EU commissioner is responsible for every EU citizen, not just their fellow country-men. .
    It is minuscule to what control the people of Ireland have over the Dail. Could you imagine Ireland trying to reverse a decision that effected our country that was passed by a majority EU vote? Not a hope in hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

It is minuscule to what control the people of Ireland have over the Dail. Could you imagine Ireland trying to reverse a decision that effected our country that was passed by a majority EU vote? Not a hope in hell.

Control over the Daíl is already pretty minuscule. Laws are passed all the time without referenda, that's democracy for ya. It's why we have elections, to choose these people to make these laws for us...

Regarding Lisbon, you really need to examine specific areas as different areas require either a unamanious vote or a qualified majority. The veto is retained in, for example, Common Foreign and Security Policy and taxation.

What it does in my opinion is make it more important for us to look carefully at who we vote for before we send them to Europe.

Advertisement