Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Hi, we are thinking of heading to killarney for a nosey around with the kids at the wkend, one place id like to take them to is torc waterfall but cant seem to find exactly where it is, we will be coming from west cork, oh and if there are any other nice spots to take the kids please feel free to let me know thanks

Take them up to Fitzgerald stadium to see Sam Maguire!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Hey guys,

Hope it's ok to post this here. Has anyone here experience of renting in Killarney? Moving to Killarney in a few weeks but there doesn't seem to be much at all on Daft etc the last few weeks. Is there any decent letting agent in Killarney to deal with etc?

Cheers folks :)

Check Killarney Outlook. Its now available online. you will find private lettings

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

dobman88 wrote: »
    Salvadors, Robertinos The Med (expensive). They're Italian and are both very good for Pasta/chicken. Could also maybe check Hannigans Bar, part of the International Hotel.

Good luck with the game.

thanks for all the suggestions, we called Robertinos and they are very helpful and should be able to accomodate us

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Where can I leave my car for a full day and night if I'm getting the train to somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

kaji wrote: »
    Where can I leave my car for a full day and night if I'm getting the train to somewhere?

The only free car park in town is down next to the Cathedral but it's on the opposite side of town so maybe a 10-15 min walk.

There is parking in the Malton Hotel car park. Not sure about the daily rate but there's a notice above the machine and this would be the safest option imo. You also have the train station car park which is a good bit up past the actual station. And you have Fairhill car park across the road. Again, I'm not sure about daily rates but I think it's €1 per hour so probably 6 or 7 a day and it's free on Sundays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Head out the Muckross Road down past the Gleneagle Hotel and it's sign posted from there. Only a 10min drive from town.

There's a playground in town across from the Cathedral that always looks busy whenever I'm walking the dog. Few swings, slides and things to climb on and a zip wirr type thing that looks fun. Kennedys Farm is on the Cork road aand is always popular with families.

Thanks for that, we have been to the pet farm a few times and they love that as they do the playground which is a really good one tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

Daily rate for the train station is €4

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Hi, we are thinking of heading to killarney for a nosey around with the kids at the wkend, one place id like to take them to is torc waterfall but cant seem to find exactly where it is, we will be coming from west cork, oh and if there are any other nice spots to take the kids please feel free to let me know thanks

My Kids always love feeding the ducks and looking at the fishing boats down at Ross Castle. (Bring your own bread). Unfortunatly I don't think the commercial boats are running yet.

If you're looking for indoor fun. There is Buddies. It's an indoor play area. It off the roundabout on the bypass opposite the swimming pool. And of course, there is swimming pool too.
    You can rent bikes even his time of the year too. There is one at the top of Ross Road at the garage. I can send you on their number if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Anyone know of any sewing classes that might be starting??

Thought of you today and wondered if you got sorted? Have a look here. They hold sewing classes in the Killarney Library, was on today 11am->1 saw here re: every second Friday in 2014. Perhaps a call to the Killarney Library and you could find out more :)

Happy Sewing,
    kerry4sam

Wow, that's good. So that's the train station/Malton side, not the outlet side? As in outside the front doors of the train station?

• Advertisement

Wow, that's good. So that's the train station/Malton side, not the outlet side? As in outside the front doors of the train station?

Yip. Past those doors, through the gap. You're supposed to park in the far carpark. Tbh, I'm not of the overnight price, but I parked there for a whole day last week(8am-10pm)and it was €4.

Johnnyq79 wrote: »
    Yip. Past those doors, through the gap. You're supposed to park in the far carpark. Tbh, I'm not of the overnight price, but I parked there for a whole day last week(8am-10pm)and it was €4.

This is correct

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

Hi
    Theres loads for the kids to do in Killarney, Killarney Heights for all ages with zip wires and ropes, buddies and if your going through the National Park, Paint your own pottery and the Seafari in Kenmare and Blueberry Hill Farm if its open in Sneem.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Re parking at the train station you can book in advance, parkbytext.ie. download the app and you can book, pay etc so you're all sorted on the day.

Aimeee wrote: »
    Re parking at the train station you can book in advance, parkbytext.ie. download the app and you can book, pay etc so you're all sorted on the day.

I always wondered how that works? How do you get a ticket to display? Or if no ticket how does the warden know you've paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

I always wondered how that works? How do you get a ticket to display? Or if no ticket how does the warden know you've paid?

I think they must have car reg on their checker machine (?proper name). I've done it a few times and a mystery to me too but it works. One day when I got back there were two cars with tickets for no fee paid so they do check.
    It's handy enough as you book in advance, saves time on the day, and I think you can extend by text if you get delayed. (Been a while now since using the facility, but can be done online anyway from wherever you are).
    Also if your lucky enough you could get a space out front, otherwise loads of space in the back car park. Bit of a walk to the station if you have heavy luggage.

Does anyone know of the new barbers at the roundabout at Tescos? Below Killarney School of Music and near the butchers and Horan's Health food shop? I need a good haircut, don't want to get scalped like I did in a certain hairdresser's in town ever again.

Does anyone know of the new barbers at the roundabout at Tescos? Below Killarney School of Music and near the butchers and Horan's Health food shop? I need a good haircut, don't want to get scalped like I did in a certain hairdresser's in town ever again.

Steve's Barber Shop. I haven't met anyone who's been yet. I always go to the ladies down the Dunloe Lodge lane. Walk down the lane from the street and they're first on the right. Very friendly and never had any problems there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Pecker31

Hi I was wondering can someone recommend anyone good that would do Reflexology/Acupuncture, in the Kenmare/Killareny area.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I've heard a lot of praise for the Turkish barbers that are setup in town, fair prices too.

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of praise for the Turkish barbers that are setup in town, fair prices too.

I stopped using him a couple of years ago. I know the owner, Sulaman, very well but I think the ladies down the Dunloe Lodge lane on the right are better like I said above. And they haven't changed their prices in that time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Pecker31 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering can someone recommend anyone good that would do Reflexology/Acupuncture, in the Kenmare/Killareny area.

Thanks

moved to the Killarney thread, hopefully someone there can help. MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

The Sunshine Clinic in Sneem does acupuncture

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Pecker31 wrote: »

Thanks

Hi

Fiona Maxwell Smith IMO is one of the best Acupuncturists around. She is in Castleisland but do not have a number for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

have the homeless people been given accommodation, i believe according the paper there are around 5 homeless,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Salvadors, Robertinos The Med (expensive). They're Italian and are both very good for Pasta/chicken. Could also maybe check Hannigans Bar, part of the International Hotel.

Good luck with the game.

found a great little place called Dyne....food and staff excellent

lost the game but was a great weekend and host team were top notch

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    found a great little place called Dyne....food and staff excellent

lost the game but was a great weekend and host team were top notch

Good stuff. Unlucky with the game. Onto the next one.

Where is Dyne? Care to give a little review for the locals?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Oh the tension & excitement in the air in Killarney this morning.

Similar to a Kerry All-Ireland final this! No-one knows what will unfold; Everyone wants the Best Possible Outcome!

Hope Everything goes to plan,
    Certainly Plenty Man-Power around anyways!
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Is Muckross road going to be closed for the protest?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Good stuff. Unlucky with the game. Onto the next one.

Where is Dyne? Care to give a little review for the locals?

I think it's the pay as you please place

Advertisement