Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Marks Comm School Year of 94 - Reunion 8pm, 7/3/09 Kicawleys, Abberley Ct Tallaght

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Saturday 7th March
    Sorry about that guys, my fault but it should be changed soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 laneso

Hi

There are a few of us who now live in England...We are really keen to attend the reunion but none of the dates above suit.

Is it possible to organise something later in March or to add more dates to the list? This will give us the opportunity to organise flights etc.

Thanks
    Elaine Clarke

Saturday 7th March
    Hi Elaine

Really sorry but the dates here were picked so as to avoid clashes with other bigger events i.e Valentines day , school mid terms , Major sporting events, Paddys day etc. And in giving 5 dates over 3 different weekends its probably true to say most will be able to work around them although I do understand as is in your case that it just doesnt suit. Time scales have to be put on these things otherwise it would go on forever and it would end up never happening. Due to the fact that we do have to confirm a date the poll will close on the last day of January. Hope you can make it.

Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 joconnor

Let's hope 6th Feb doesn't win the poll then.

If I booked flights home now for 21st Feb or 7th March it would probably cost me about £50.

If I book at the end of Jan when the poll closes I will be looking at about £120.

If it's the 6th of Feb and the poll closes on 31st Jan I'm looking at about £500 to fly home.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tommyallen

Count me in Butler!

Not sure yet which date suits best but I'll work something out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jptc

Saturday 7th March
    Hey would love to go and meet up. All depends on the day though.
    I'm quiet busy for the next few months so stick me down as a maybe.
    jptc
    remember 2j4 ruled the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vickyl

Saturday 7th March
    Put my name down(vicky leonard). I don't mind what date. I will also drag all my school mates along too ( Eve McCann, Carol Nelson, Vivienne Parker, Louise Hume and a few others) I hope this message gets to the correct person. I have never heard of boards.ie never mind used it!!!!!

Saturday 7th March
    Spot on Vicky. Job done. Jesus Carol nelson and Eve McCann, god I havent seen them in years. Pass the word around if you can. Its hard to know how many exactly are coming but it looks like about 30 -35 plus guests between the two sites at the moment. Should be a good night,

• Registered Users Posts: 2 elaine dono

Saturday 21st February
    Count me in (not 7th Feb tho) elaine donovan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lorraine Hickey

We'll be there lorraine hickey, heather mclean, an tracey caffery!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 istoner

Irene Stone here... I'll be there.. Sarah Jane Lynch too and she'll pass word onto Niamh Fitzgerald and Orla Sheehan.
    I'm a teacher in St Marks so will I say it to Frank Ryan? He has retired now btw..
    Paul Dempsey (fellow teacher) told me his brother Ger will be there too.. should be good craic..

istoner wrote: »
    I'm a teacher in St Marks so will I say it to Frank Ryan? He has retired now btw..

As in Moses?

If so, I can't speak for anyone else here, but personally I'd rather ride a bike with no saddle around Ireland than spend a night in the company of that man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 S Lynch

Hi, It would be a great night, to see everyone and see what they are up to. Ill pass on the details to anyone Im still in contact with.

Saturday 7th March
    joconnor wrote: »
    As in Moses?

If so, I can't speak for anyone else here, but personally I'd rather ride a bike with no saddle around Ireland than spend a night in the company of that man.

All teachers both past and present are more than welcome, infact it is to be encouraged.

As in Moses?

ah jaysus, cop on... ye need to get rid of those hang ups!!

ah jaysus, cop on... ye need to get rid of those hang ups!!

No hang ups.

I can admit I was a little fecker in school and I think the teachers at Marks showed some great patience with me. Personally I would love to see some of my old teachers, McHale, Bohan et all

On the other hand I only have a gripe with one teacher from my whole time, Mr Ryan. I cannot abide anyone, whether it be in school or the workplace, singling out someone and picking on them. I had no time for the man back then and time has not changed that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JoJoDonohoe

Saturday 7th March
    Hey Enda just making it official!! I'll be there - Sat 21st Feb suits me so we'll see how the poll goes... Lookin forward to it! Joanne

Saturday 7th March
    Irene Stone here... I'll be there.. Sarah Jane Lynch too and she'll pass word onto Niamh Fitzgerald and Orla Sheehan.
    Paul Dempsey (fellow teacher) told me his brother Ger will be there too.. should be good craic..

Whats the chances of getting Jody to turn up, legend of a man that he is :)

Saturday 7th March
    Poll closes Saturday....

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Whats the chances of getting Jody to turn up, legend of a man that he is :)

jody has retired a few years now.. so not sure?? but could try get word out to him.

• Advertisement

Saturday 7th March
    Ok. As of 2pm today Friday the 30th its level pegging between the 21th of Feb and the 7th of March. If nobody else votes then it will be called on the date which had the most votes for the longest. So as of this moment its going to be the 21th of Feb. You have been warned ;)

Saab Ed wrote: »
    If nobody else votes then it will be called on the date which had the most votes for the longest.

Or you could call it on the date that gives us people who live overseas time to organise a trip home ;)

Saturday 7th March
    Or you could call it on the date that gives us people who live overseas time to organise a trip home ;)

Have you not taken the hint yet :D. Only joking. Democracy at work mate. All you have to do is get the others to vote for the later date. 10 hours and counting.....

Anyone has who votes for the 7th March henceforth gets a free drink from me at the reunion* :D

*(providing it wins the vote that is as I probably won't be there to buy one if the other day wins)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 brianof

Saturday 7th March

I think this makes sense. If the 'democracy' calls it evens then anything that helps the overseas contingent should be the deciding factor.

Mine's a Heineken JOC ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 karen O'Neill

You can count me in (Karen Kennedy) the 7th March suits - Look forward to it!!!

Saturday 7th March
    Democracy at work Fianna Fail style...:D Looks like you are going to be buying a lot of drink Mr O Connor.

Saturday 7th March
    7th of March it is then. See you all there.

Only 3 pints Mr Butler, only 3.

Ryainair are currently doing flights for £5 return inc taxes in March, by my calculations I'm still about £250 up.

Democracy works. :D

• Advertisement

Saturday 7th March
    One final call to the ones we havent found yet. Anybody know where the following people are? Alan Banks, Gemma Walsh, Anthony Mc Mahon, Jenny Curran, Richard Doyle, Louise McCann, Eamonn Delaney, Susan Breen, Justin Lawerence, Debbie Herbert, Brian Nolan, Gillian Mulvaney, Brian Murphy, Gillian Clare, David Brennan, Keith Moroney. C'mon guys lets find as many as we can...

Advertisement