Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creative writing group

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Great stuff blush! the sooner we start the better id say and all things will fall into place and we will see what suits then. are we going to arrange for monday week then or when? i reckon better off setting a date and we see who turns up and then we go from there, anyone who cant make it joins the following week and so on, you're dead right to get the ball rolling though as it might fizzle out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

What about Monday coming (the 18th)?

Ok, so I'll miss Glee, but we all have to make sacrifices! ;)

Monday, 7pm, foyer of the Gresham hotel. PM me if you want my number.

I'll PM everyone on the spreadsheet too, so everyone's aware.

If you can't come, there's no problem. If it doesn't suit people we can discuss moving it if there's a better option for everyone. I'm itching to get going though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Fabulosa

I'll be there. Should we wear red carnations or something? :D

I'll be there too.

lol fabulosa! but we should bring something so that we recongise each other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Iamsparticus

Hi, count me in too. Blush_01 can you add me to your spreadsheet - I'll pm you my details. Cheers

• Advertisement

EileenG has contacted me with a very good question regarding the content of the meeting.

Everyone will need a pen and paper for the first meeting.

If anyone wants something critiqued, please bring it with you (it might help if you bring a few extra copies for us to read).

We can establish a clearer format when we know what we all want.

Blush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Fabulosa

Hey folks, you are probably meeting right now.... I'm not going to make it, but next week I will!! Best of luck tonight and hopefully see you all next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Hi

I was just wondering how this went/Is it ongoing. I'd be interested in coming along if thats possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Hi all, did you get your 'Monday @ 7 in the Gresham' group going? If so, are you meeting tonight? I'd like to join!

Hiya, yeh we are meeting on wednesday at 7 in the gresham. you are welcome to come along. bring paper and a pen! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Niamhlet

This group sounds like exactly what I need! Are you still going and when are you meeting up these days?

Cheers,
    Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DarkBlue_18

I may also be interested in joining depending on times, venues, dates etc...the usual obsatacles.

I write poetry at the moment but would like to start a novel too.

Hi guys, we meet in the foyer of the gresham at 7pm on wednesdays. You are more then welcome to come along :) if you are going to go this week just pm for contact number. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Hey folks,

Just wondering if you guys are gonna continue with this through the summer... My Wednesday nights are all booked up for the next 5 weeks or so, but wouldn't mind joining in after that if its still going on...

Hey, i would imagine so. We are all based in Dublin and there has been no talk of people heading off for the summer so id say it will continue! :D

I'll be there anyway. :)

The group is usually pretty flexible. If you can't make it for a week or two we'll miss you, but we understand that you have other commitments too!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Blush_01 wrote: »
    I'll be there anyway. :)

Well it will be good to see a friendly face... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SirJolt

Would anyone mind someone tagging along? I'm only new, but y'know... would love to meet other people who might be able to help or who I might be able to help out :)

We definitely wouldn't mind.

PM me for details, I'll give you my number etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Driven4aLivin

Hi All,

I was just wondering if this group still meets and how it's going? I just stumbled across this thread and a group such as this sounds like exactly what I was looking for.

If it still runs you might let me know the format of each meeting so I can get an idea of how the whole thing works.

Thanks in advance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Hey Driven4aLivin, we kinda fell by the wayside a bit recently, numbers had fallen and with it being summer, people being away etc... but I'd love to resurrect the group, I really loved participating in it!

We basically do it like an exercise workshop rather than the 'show and tell' format of other writers' groups, though of course if you want to read something you've written there's totally the space for that. Usualy Blush_01 who organised would bring two or three little exercises which would be sort of like triggers to get us thinking creatively, and then we'd write for 10 - 15 minutes, whatever came to mind, and then read out what we'd come up with afterwards.

For me it was really brilliant to take me out of my comfort zone, get me writing in different ways and on different themes than I normally would.

If you think this might be of interest to you, send me or Blush_01 a PM and we can discuss further.

Blush_01, you still out there, sistah? x

Wow, didn't see this and was just about to send out an e-mail to you guys, Camilla! Talk about great minds and all that! :)

I'm up for kick starting these babies again like you wouldn't believe - possibly fortnightly if weekly is too much for people. I miss them terribly, the VOAT is the only thing I do now which makes me sad, as I was scribbling lots up until we stopped.

If anyone is interested in joining our little group (all new members welcome) PM me, or e-mail me (my e-mail is on my profile), or contact Camilla.

How about we say the next meeting is Wednesday the 28th of July at 7pm in the Gresham (that's next week, not this week as that might be a bit short notice) and I'll e-mail around the "homework" tonight. Anyone who's interested in possibly joining us - we are definitely in it for enjoyment primarily - just get in contact and I'll forward the homework on. Just because you're in a different writing group doesn't mean you can't come play with us too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Niamhlet

Hi guys,
    I went to a creative writing class tonight to try and get back into the habit of writing and it was HORRIBLE!!! Just some lady talking about her writing days..we did literally 5 mins of writing in an hour and a half. I miss this writing group (even though I only went a couple times because my work schedule conflicted).

I really want somewhere i can go and just write with people. Please let's get this going again! (Unless I'm being mad and you're still going strong!) I sent you a text Blush, but would love to get a few interested in going again. i changed the work schedule again so could defo do wednesday evenings. Anyone else in???

Advertisement