Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cod waw = s***

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

But how can you play with that horrid sound? It's like a game from the '90s!

World At War: Deaf Players game of the Year 2008. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

But how can you play with that horrid sound? It's like a game from the '90s!

Whatdya mean?! Didn't notice anything wrong with the sound:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

^^ console gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

KamiKazi wrote: »
    ^^ console gamer
    Surely the sound "issues" are the same on console?! I mean the PS3 and XboX360 are basically PCs and the game code is the same right?

Captain Slow IRL, have you played both CoD4 and CoD:WW? Isn't it obvious that the sound provides you with absolutely no information what-so-ever in CoD:WW?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

Rubbish!! I can still hear peoples footsteps the exact same as COD4...this is nit-picking of a high order!

Just enjoy what is a "decent" game ffs!!!

• Advertisement

cadogs wrote: »
    Rubbish!! I can still hear peoples footsteps the exact same as COD4...this is nit-picking of a high order!

hahahahahahahahahaha

cant. stop. laughing.

cadogs wrote: »

I'm sorry but the sound gives you no feedback what-so-ever in WaW... In CoD4 if somebody farts at the opposite end of the map you can pinpoint his location accurately. In WaW the guy runs right next to you and you haven't got a clue where the dude is... Useless sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Haven't noticed any problems with the sound on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

I'm sorry but the sound gives you no feedback what-so-ever in WaW... In CoD4 if somebody farts at the opposite end of the map you can pinpoint his location accurately. In WaW the guy runs right next to you and you haven't got a clue where the dude is... Useless sound!

the grenades are the same. when u throw it any distance your left paranoid as to whether it was a dud or not. thats on ps3 aswell, not just pc. its still brilliant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Cant say I have a problem with my sound. Then again, my volume goes up to 11

Xone92-eleven.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I can't fault the sound either - I've been able to pick up on people trying to sneak up on me, sometimes too late, but can't complain yet!
    I'm only using the speakers built into the tv, ain't using a sophistimicated surround sound setup.

EDIT - Actually noticed the lack of explosion's when dispensing grenades earlier, very bad sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Yeah there is definetly a crap use of sound for sure..every sound in-game even the more important ones like explosions, gun shots and footsteps are echoed around the map and yourself so as said you dont get any info from it to determine where its coming from..this probably wouldnt make a difference on the console as its a bit more of an arcade type gameplay or if you dont have 5.1 or better..but its definetly there and i think the reason they didnt include an option to turn the sound occlusion off which is at the source of the problem like they did in the single player is to make the game more newcomer friendly so they wont get annoyed and stop playing :(

but at least on the pc a mod can fix this which im sure many will :)

IgsTer wrote: »
    Yeah there is definetly a crap use of sound for sure..every sound in-game even the more important ones like explosions, gun shots and footsteps are echoed around the map and yourself so as said you dont get any info from it to determine where its coming from..this probably wouldnt make a difference on the console as its a bit more of an arcade type gameplay or if you dont have 5.1 or better..but its definetly there and i think the reason they didnt include an option to turn the sound occlusion off which is at the source of the problem like they did in the single player is to make the game more newcomer friendly so they wont get annoyed and stop playing :(
    Jesus at last somebody who agrees! I started thinking my PC was playing up on me!
    but at least on the pc a mod can fix this which im sure many will :)
    You mean Promod? Or can it be tweaked somehow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Kazuma wrote: »
    Having played the multiplayer more than most of the people here (beta tester, wooh)

well la di da! I'd kick your ass anyday:P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

well la di da! I'd kick your ass anyday:P:D

Hahahaha, you wish tissue!
    Obviously you don't remember all those times I oral raped you with a trench gun, HUH?!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Jesus at last somebody who agrees! I started thinking my PC was playing up on me!

You mean Promod? Or can it be tweaked somehow?

Yeah promod is the one mod for sure that is trying to remove it from the game..i havent got a chance to play it yet..but from thier earlier report of changes they listed these
    Sound occlusion/attenuation removed
    Sound realdelay removed

which are supposedly at the core of this problem..if it works which i think it might do..i cant see why other mod makers would leave them in..

and yes they can be tweaked in game but are cheat protected in the standard release which is a shame as thats what most people play unless playing competitively..

i think you can try them out yourself though by making a mp server in-game..heres a good article on the sound issue in WaW and also how you can test it out yourself with the sound changes..

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=427&Itemid=108

but yeah its a shame they had to actually cheat-protect these dvars..would have definetely been a better game if they allowed them to be changed in the standard version :(

Thanks for that IgsTer! Great article!

I tried doing this myself:
    If you want to see the difference between stock CoD:WW and modded (with sound occlusion off), try this:

Run CoD:WW

Open up the console and type

/devmap mp_roundhouse

This will launch the game in developer mode. You can select any map you would like to try...I've chosen roundhouse.

Now, type the two commands above

/snd_losOcclusion "0"
    /snd_global_attenuation "0"

Go into the game and try firing weapons.

The difference is day and night. I almost blew my ears off firing the Arisaka.
    The sound was so much better! Unfortunately I can't test it with someone else to see how other soldiers moving around would sound like but it sounds a hell of a lot better anyway! :)

The sound was so much better! Unfortunately I can't test it with someone else to see how other soldiers moving around would sound like but it sounds a hell of a lot better anyway! :)

told ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Kazuma wrote: »
    Hahahaha, you wish tissue!
    Obviously you don't remember all those times I oral raped you with a trench gun, HUH?!

someone ban this guy for oral abuse, plz!:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I really don't see anything wrong with the sounds...
    Or hear anything wrong to be correct..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jaza08

-osborne- wrote: »
    "It's no real progression from COD 4" with all the hype i would expect it be better,the graphics are brutal should be just called medal of honour waw.
    Cod 5 was intended to be made before cod 4. Cod 5 made by the same people that made 1 2 and 3 but not 4. The people that made 4 are making 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Jaza08 wrote: »
    Cod 5 was intended to be made before cod 4. Cod 5 made by the same people that made 1 2 and 3 but not 4. The people that made 4 are making 6

Do you even know what you're taking about?

COD5 is neither made or out.

The same people - Infinity Ward - made Call of Duty 1, 2 and 4.

Gray Matter made Call of Duty: United Offensive.

Sparks made Call of Duty: Finest Hour.

The same People - Treyarch - made Call of Duty 2 on the Xbox/PS2, Call Of Duty 3 and Call of Duty: World at War.

Let there be no more confusion!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Jaza08 wrote: »

CoD 1,2 and 4 developed by Infinity Ward with 6 due next year. CoD2:Big red One, CoD3 and Cod WaW developed by Treyarch.

Bugger, beaten to it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

CoD5 next year

ToughyIRE wrote: »
    CoD5 next year
    But why call it CoD5? We're calling CoD:MW "CoD4" because Treyarch did a "CoD3". I think the next CoD from IW should be called CoD6.

Although after "CoD: United Offensive" the following CoD was called "CoD3" so there's isn't any sense really...

Yeah promod is the one mod for sure that is trying to remove it from the game..i havent got a chance to play it yet..but from thier earlier report of changes they listed these which are supposedly at the core of this problem..if it works which i think it might do..i cant see why other mod makers would leave them in...
    Well, I played on a Promod server last night and I still thought it was sh!t... Sound was louder/clearer but it was still poor when compared to CoD4.

Promod removes the running option which is a pity because it's something we're used to since CoD:UO and CoD4...

To change weapon you have to look up or down during Strat Time then click "Frag"... Took me a while to figure out. Don't see the point of that at all...

So overall, I think even Promod can't save this game from its doom. My copy is still for sale and I think I'll just consider CoD:WW like another CoD3 (i.e. Console only game).

Treyarch? Never again...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

But why call it CoD5? We're calling CoD:MW "CoD4" because Treyarch did a "CoD3". I think the next CoD from IW should be called CoD6.

Although after "CoD: United Offensive" the following CoD was called "CoD3" so there's isn't any sense really...

You're right, the next cod will be CoD6:KAA (Kick Alien Ass).
    United Offensive was just an expansion pack for CoD 1. CoD 2 came before CoD 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

id like to hear comments on this that arent sound related!!!

I played co-op with a mate last night on his copy of the game. tbh im not impressed AT ALL. splitscreen is retarded since its not even a full screen split screen. its just to stagared windows for each player, keifer sutherland is a waste in the game, games story is non existent and boring, just skkip the cutscenes and play, imo weapons are mostly **** since its WW2.

So single player is awful and since i dont like the weapons im not sure ill buy it for online play and stick to COD4. just wait for the true sequel, anyone know anything about that sequel

Advertisement