Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cod waw = s***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

-osborne- wrote: »
    i just palyed the game , what a waste of money !!!!!!!!

Thanks for your contribution. Any specific reason why it's sh1t or are you looking for a trollin' on a friday nite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

What a pointless post. I've played it in Solo and Competitve Co-op with a mate and think it's really good. It's no real progression from COD 4 but it's still great. If you liked COD 4 and are hungry for more then you'll be right at home with this. The Co-op mode was great fun. the maps I played in Multiplayer were quite impressive but haven't really played enough of it to form a full opinion of the maps yet. The multiplayer is just a continuation of COD4 so it's good. Very happy with it so far and think it may take the place of COD4 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

SP = Epic.
    mp = same as every other cod, good stuff.
    Can't say it's better of worse than previous ones yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭-osborne-

djkeogh wrote: »
    What a pointless post. I've played it in Solo and Competitve Co-op with a mate and think it's really good. It's no real progression from COD 4 but it's still great. If you liked COD 4 and are hungry for more then you'll be right at home with this. The Co-op mode was great fun. the maps I played in Multiplayer were quite impressive but haven't really played enough of it to form a full opinion of the maps yet. The multiplayer is just a continuation of COD4 so it's good. Very happy with it so far and think it may take the place of COD4 for me.

"It's no real progression from COD 4" with all the hype i would expect it be better,the graphics are brutal should be just called medal of honour waw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

What version are you playing ? xbox ? pc ?

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    What version are you playing ? xbox ? pc ?
    xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Guys I'm sick of getting Reported Posts because of abuse.

It's only a game! Chill out and stop abusing people! Respect other people's opinions even if they differ from yours.

Play nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Personally I think the graphics are complete crap, especially compared to CoD4 atleast going by the beta.. not sure if I'll even bother buying it

edit: PC version, high settings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Really for anyone to get an idea , you need to post what format you are playing it on .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Just got it today for PC and it plays like a dog, COD 4 plays really well on the laptop but the new one goes like a snail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Iv been playing it all day on the PS3 , its hard to compare it to COD 4 because the weapons arent as advanced as they are in Cod 4 , however , its good for what it is .
    Dont like the way you have to constantly reload but il just have to get used to it , calling in the dogs is a cool feature but its pretty easy to kill them so they arent really as effective as the helicopter in cod 4 .
    One thing i cant seem to find during online multiplayer mode is my stats compared to my friends on the leaderboard , it has my friends on it but not mine which is quite annoying .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

everyones lookin at it as a progression from cod4,

its more a progression form cod2 with elements of cod4 used.

i think its a good game.
    feels more like world war 2 than cod 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Havent played the single player yet, but the multyplayer so far is pretty good in my opinion, yeh the guns are not as advanced as COD4 but its still a good game and worth the purcase if you liked COD 4, especially at 45€

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Yeah, noticed how the shops in dublin seem to be trying to make this vanish off the shelves with a price that low...
    Having played the multiplayer more than most of the people here (beta tester, wooh), I preferred it to 4...and I had clocked up DAYS on CoD4...
    The maps, for me, anyway, have more freedom for actual tactics, flanking and such, so it's more fun for competetive team play.

And personally I found that the guns in 4 just got stupid in multiplayer, became a competition about who had the biggest automatic.

Edit - And nazi zombies is fu*king class.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It's awful. Overuse of gore in SinglePlayer to try and give it an 'adult' feel. Incredibly linear. MP, relies on gimmicks to pull you in. Nothing new considering they had 2 years to develop the game and they already had the engine ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Just picked up a copy of this today. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet because my xbox won't connect to live, and I want to update the firmware (haven't played it in a while). I still have it in it's wrapping. I've heard some very mixed views on it. I am thinking of returning it at the moment, but then again I might not ever know if it was good or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

"It's no real progression from COD 4" with all the hype i would expect it be better,the graphics are brutal should be just called medal of honour waw.
    What hype? From the moment it was announced Treyarch were developing it the game has been slated, with people going as far as saying they were boycotting it and pretending it didn't exist.

Personally I like it. It does exactly what you'd expect it to and it looks great to boot.

humanji wrote: »
    What hype? From the moment it was announced Treyarch were developing it the game has been slated, with people going as far as saying they were boycotting it and pretending it didn't exist.

Personally I like it. It does exactly what you'd expect it to and it looks great to boot.
    HYPE its going to be the best selling game this christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

From playing the three multiplayer maps in the Beta the game certainly showed great promise, so I was really looking forward to getting CoD WAW on PC. Going back to WW II with the CoD4 engine and architecture is completely ok in my book. Once the game plays true to its CoD roots the setting is of secondary importance in my opinion.

Got the game on Friday (14/11) and have been playing it ever since. Really enjoying the co-op and multi-player levels, it is similar in ways to CoD 2, but is far far better both in terms of the gameplay and the impressive if brutal graphics. If CoD3 & CoD4 never existed, this would be an outstanding follow-up in the series. The co-op mode is a winner, the game-play with friends is really enjoyable.

All good until today, problem connecting to the online service.
    Error message: 'Cannot connect to online service' so no retrieving the hard-earned profile.

Thought it might be the BB as NTL/UPC is really bad lately but a quick google shows many others across Europe having the same problem.

Its early doors so we'll see what the problem is and if it improves in due course but if it is an existing problem it really should have been ironed out long ago with the Beta. Treyarch have done a good job with the game but this has the potential to really let them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

HYPE its going to be the best selling game this christmas
    Again, where was this hype? That's the first I heard of it and considering all the other games that have been out over the last couple of weeks, this has been completely overshadowed publicity wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

As a big fan of COD4, I was looking forward to playing WAW. Bought the game on Friday for Xbox and I have to say it's pretty disappointing. It's not that its a particularly bad game, just that its distinctly average in almost every way. I haven't played much of the SP mode so I can't really comment on that but so far as the MP mode goes, the graphics are poor, the maps aren't great and the spawning is an absolute nightmare! I've lost count of the amount of times someone materialises right in front of your eyes just waiting to get shot.

Anyone else agree??

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭chrisp2281

This is a savage game. It's apity they're are not more levels but apart from that, I think the graphics are really good. The online play is better then COD 4. I thinkit's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭chrisp2281

As a big fan of COD4, I was looking forward to playing WAW. Bought the game on Friday for Xbox and I have to say it's pretty disappointing. It's not that its a particularly bad game, just that its distinctly average in almost every way. I haven't played much of the SP mode so I can't really comment on that but so far as the MP mode goes, the graphics are poor, the maps aren't great and the spawning is an absolute nightmare! I've lost count of the amount of times someone materialises right in front of your eyes just waiting to get shot.

Anyone else agree??

I have to disagree. I havn't really noticed the spawning being to bad. I've only seen once or twice where someone spawns in front of me waiting to get shot. But that happened in COD 4 as well. I like the maps. I just wish there was more of them but I'm sure they will bring out an upgrade soon with mroe levels

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've only being playing the single player may give multiplayer a go this evening. The single player is ok, more of the same but COD was a winning formula so I'm not to upset about that. The pace of the game is relentless (I'm not sure how far in I am, I've only played for a few hours but I get the horrible feeling I could be coming to the end of it) there's absolutely no tense action in it from what I can see it's just push, push, kill, kill. Bit OTT and predictable at times.

I'm a bit sick of shooters like this though. Ones where people don't get hurt by bullets but will die if you unload enough bullets into them. I want to see more operation flashpoint type games.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

chrisp2281 wrote: »
    I have to disagree. I havn't really noticed the spawning being to bad. I've only seen once or twice where someone spawns in front of me waiting to get shot. But that happened in COD 4 as well. I like the maps. I just wish there was more of them but I'm sure they will bring out an upgrade soon with mroe levels

+1

I like the layout of the new maps, its a lot more frantic and action packed on MP now compared to COD4. Not taking away from COD4 MP however, that's just brilliant in its own right as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

If you look at the game for 5 minutes maybe so. I mod and map for COD for a while now i can tell you that graphically COD:WW is way ahead of COD5, most of the texture used are 2048*2048 -- ok its not 4096*4096 Crysis has but its double what most COD4 textures were.

To top this up you have a lot more player models in use with again higher details on the texturing and lots of animations have been done on this game. Water now has its on physic engine and has refraction to light and a wave system (for the sea). Fire has also been re-worked from COD4 althought i would agree that its not all that noticeable.

As I was saying at first if you start stopping and looking around you, you should notice the details, check out the moving foliages/trees or burning wood. FXs have been used also to a great extend and finally the fog system now is volumetric (as opposed to exponential in COD4, meaning it takes les FPS and has better feel to it).

Do the SP until the end and it should changed your mind, providing you like rthe WW2 setting. The Reichstag level is a work of Art with a level of details really really good.

I am not saying COD:WW is perfect, far from it, there are Sound issues (too weak), installation issues, Co-op connections failing atm and the fact that the AI still is very silly, but overall it is better than COD4 on many points.

Give the game a chance!

humanji wrote: »
    Again, where was this hype? That's the first I heard of it and considering all the other games that have been out over the last couple of weeks, this has been completely overshadowed publicity wise.
    [FONT=&quot]Hype is the wrong word, controversy maybe over changing the developers and seeing if they can deliver, publicity in magazines, I would say the developers won’t hype it up but if they don’t make the sales TV will be covered in ads for cod waw this Christmas, I think they have raped ww2 games and just getting sick of it [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I find the sp mode alright, nothing to write home about - mp is brilliant though; takes the best elements of 2 and 4 and combines them.
    It's weaned me off fallout - it has to be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well if anyone, for some reason owns WW but not COD4 on the PC and doesn't like it, I would gladly trade. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I find the sp mode alright, nothing to write home about - mp is brilliant though; takes the best elements of 2 and 4 and combines them.
    But how can you play with that horrid sound? It's like a game from the '90s!

Advertisement