Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession will solve drug epidemic

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Neesa wrote: »
    Apologies for my ignorance but... what's a "slag"?

Skag my dear.
    It means the bit after the fun bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Apologies for my ignorance but... what's a "slag"?

Its called the Skag...and he is a truly awful bastard to meet. He usually shows up the morning after you've been pulling mad faces and shapes in the form of unrelenting temperature adjustments and general "skaggedthe****outofit-ness".

Hours and hours and hours wondering who lives in a pineapple under the sea until you just want to hang yourself or have another beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Ooh, I get it, like a slapper, right? My husband will be happy to hear that! :D

Ooh, I get it, like a slapper, right? My husband will be happy to hear that! :D

You're really really really cold. If you go up two or three posts you might get warmer!;)
    SKAG = The comedown.

• Advertisement

Hours and hours and hours wondering who lives in a pineapple under the sea until you just want to hang yourself or have another beer.

Hmmmm you were at that house party as well then?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Fionnanc

The lidocaine content of the coke will increase and the price decrease. MUppets will still boast about sniffing x grams of coke when all they have sniffed is x grams of cheap local anaesthetic making their thick faces numb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

You're really really really cold. If you go up two or three posts you might get warmer!;)
    SKAG = The comedown.

I have NEVER heard a comedown being referred to as a "Skag".

Thank you. From now on I will say say "Can't talk. having a skag."

:D:D:D

Yes, that's because he likes to be referred to as "Mr Skag". Trust me, he'll go easier on you if you just play along :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Skag is a comedown?
    Back when I used to go pilling, skagging was the part where you lost your upper off the E for a while due to being danced out of it, too drunk, or not having taken enough yokes.
    The next day, I'd refer to as a comedown. Skag came from a slang term for heroin and for many years the urban myth of E's with heroin in them did the rounds, hence skagging (AFAIK)

Anyway back on topic and funnily enough I was talking to a guy I used buy weed off the toher night...he said he's going back to selling hash as the demand for bags of green has fallen in the past few months. More value and a cheaper price to be had from the hash, but to me it's a false economy, you're only smoking low grade crap and smoking a good bit more of it to have the same effect as the weed. Of course the obvious solution is to drop the price of the weed, but the higher ups aren't having any of that.
    I do think this whole economy slow down will affect cocaine intake...I think a lot of people will finally realise that they've been paying well over the odds for stuff that's been cut to sh*t, in this country and that a few yokes or a bag of speed will provide a lot more value for money.
    Drink won't suffer, pills won't suffer and overall demand for hash/weed probably won't suffer...to most users these aren't luxury items, or if they are, they're well down the list of luxuries that can be cut out...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Nothing will solve drug epidemic except making it legal under full government control.

Other options can make it only smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

What do you think?
    I think you're too young to remember that Dublin was Smack-Head Central in the depressed 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The poorer countries have much worse drug problems than we do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MCMLXXXIII

From my experience, people seem to budget their "fun" money as a top priority above other things. They will spend the same amount on drugs and buy cheaper food, for example.
    Now, for the slightly-off-topic part that will come back full-circle.
    There are a few cities in the US where the bars and nightclubs stay open later than 2am (like the rest of the country). Some of those include New York City, Chicago, New Orleans, etc. Those cities have far more cocaine usage than the rest of the other large cities in the US. People in these cities use very small amounts, but much more often, as a bump so they can stay up until 4am or 6am. The people in the other cities are not tired by 2am, so they don't need the little bumps here and there, so they just don't buy the cocaine.
    Does anyone think that the new closing time mixed with the economic downturn will naturally stop the true recreational users?
    Unless someone is very addicted and dependant on their high, it seems like the little uses here and there are going to get "weeded" out by socioety.

What do ye think?

Yes, the pun was intended.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

The Junkies will just have to mug more people cause they have feck all money!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I know lads in Blessington who say "skagging" when refering to the comedown off E

Though usually people mean heroin when they say "skag"

On topic, the only effect the recession might have is coke could get cheaper. Might even increase it's use.

Advertisement