Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hickies!

Options
  • 13-11-2008 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Do you like to give/receive hickies? What is it you like about them? Is it something that you should grow out of or is there always a place for a durty bruise on someone's neck? Personally I don't think I've ever given a girl a hicky, and since my neck was destroyed one time I haven't been too keen on getting them either.
    Thoughts ladies? (lads?)

(Also try and keep the smut level to 15's yeah? Don't want this kicked over to s&s where I won't be able to read it)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

You're a prick :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Apparently the neck is one of those 'soft spots'.
    Pretty much everyone I've.. asked on the subject seemed to like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Sure but is a hicky too much or just right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

just have done the one to the missus by accident, don't see the big deal with em. If I got one I'd wear a scarf, which would be slick, only good thing about em.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Women seem to enjoy receiving them but are generally ashamed to be seen with them or have them on display thus an over-zealous attempt to raise collars and wear a scarf indoors.

• Advertisement

Some people bruise easily.

Passenger wrote: »
    Women seem to enjoy receiving them but are generally ashamed to be seen with them or have them on display thus an over-zealous attempt to raise collars and wear a scarf indoors.

I have a sooper sekrit method of creating all the pleasure of hickies without the bruising afterwards. (I'm sure its not secret but I can dream!) Even if you aren't ashamed of hickies, there's no way you can treat them as a fashion statement. If it looks like someone tried to strangle you/drink your blood, then that's just what its going to look like, so I can understand the desire to hide it afterwards.
    Rozabeez wrote: »
    Some people bruise easily.

Quality lolz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Love getting/giving them! I don't know why... It's like they're a badge of pleasure or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Ewwww.... seriously Dudess? how can anyone love hickeys?

In fairness following day at work, be it boss or customer.... tell me you're going to wear that hickey proudly? I'd feckin' die with embarrassment

*Shudders*

Remembers working as manager for dunnes on Cornelscourt. One of the girls had a huge hickey on her neck. HR overlord comes in and sticks a plaster on it ... poor girl was mortified!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

Dudess wrote: »
    Love getting/giving them! I don't know why... It's like they're a badge of pleasure or something...

u seem like a real freak. its deadly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

camel toe wrote: »
    u seem like a real freak. its deadly

You see what you're attracting?! I'd tend to agree though, with Dudess that is.

themadchef wrote: »
    Ewwww.... seriously Dudess? how can anyone love hickeys?

In fairness following day at work, be it boss or customer.... tell me you're going to wear that hickey proudly? I'd feckin' die with embarrassment
    Well not the look of them... but what it takes to get them - can you deny its awesomeness?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I had to go to work for a fortnight looking like I'd been gnawed by a toothless tiger. Most people didn't say a word (to my face), and if anyone asked I just said "I fell". Are people going to think worse of you just cos someone's been kissing you?

I don't enjoy having one, but getting one is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I like receiving them but the oh isn't mad on receiving them. I latched onto her left cheek (on her face that is) one day about 6 years ago. Epic lulz ensued as she had to go to college. In retrospect it probably looked as if I battered her. :pac:

Well not the look of them... but what it takes to get them - can you deny its awesomeness?!

Someone snacking on your neck/poor kissing technique??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Cathkins

Oh I had one a few weeks ago which was given to me "by accident". I of course retaliated by giving him one back a few days later, following afternoon we bump into his mum in town who looks at his neck, back to me, to his neck, tuts and mutters something about us acting like a couple of teenagers :o (morto) - it is true though! hehe :p The getting them is indeed awesome I agree :D

Someone snacking on your neck??? :confused:
    Got it in one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I love hickeys.

It's were I get all my pretty ribbons and buttons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Can't answer this in it's current context.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I don't enjoy having one, but getting one is nice.

I'm about the same. Last time I got one I was still a teenager. Wouldn't let anybody do it to me now. I'd feel like a right sack with one

I love hickeys.

It's were I get all my pretty ribbons and buttons.
    I prefer Singer's Sewing Centre in Cork.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Can't answer this in it's current context.

Um, cause of the smut cert? Or something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

For those wishing to heal up such bruising or lover's marks your best bet is Arinca cream.

Toothpaste is a little trick I learned in school - it sorta worked...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Haven't had a proper one in years - then again I've never really showed up as a result. Gave an ex some awful ones when i was a wee un - they are enjoyable to give and recieve tho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I wouldn't say I love them, but the Hickey's were always a very dacent family. The son is a priesht in the Missions in Africa, I heard recently at mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I despise them, I truly do. There's a whole lot more ways to be intimate and having way more fun with your partner imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

No, no, no, no, no Ugh, NO!

I hate them. Despise them infact.

I was seeing a guy once who was pestering and pestering me to give him a hickey. To shut him up I gave him a hickey but I gave him a hickey so bad it took weeks to disappear. He never asked me for one again!

A.

• Advertisement

I ended up meeting then manfriends mother for the first time.
    After the hickey equilivant of a nuclear holocaust.
    Why has my brain not managed to wipe that recollection yet!!!!:o:o:o

Advertisement