Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Good price if the strings aren't junk and you can pick the brand, gauge etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Music Outlet is a great little shop
    always friendly & offer a great service
    They also match Thomann prices

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Gaspode wrote: »
    The music outlet in Swords are offering a full guitar setup- intonation, truss rod adjustment, fret/fretboard clean & oiled and strings for €15. Seems like a bargain to me.

Do want!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Dord wrote: »
    Good price if the strings aren't junk and you can pick the brand, gauge etc.

True, I'll be getting a couple of guitars done for that price but making sure I get my 'normal' strings on - it's taken me ages to settle on the right strings, so I dont want that messed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭simonmln

Passenger wrote: »
    The Music Outlet. ;)

Ah man, new to the area. ****e! Feel like some gowl.

Ill check it out though. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I'll definitely be dropping up 2 guitars at least anyways, I'll just give them my own strings to throw on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Gaspode wrote: »
    The music outlet in Swords are offering a full guitar setup- intonation, truss rod adjustment, fret/fretboard clean & oiled and strings for €15. Seems like a bargain to me.

Gave them a call there and its €20 for the guitar I want set up. Has an Edge Zero tremolo system on it hence the extra few quid. Told them Id bring my own strings so they will knock a few euro off for that.

Great price tbh. I`m afraid of my life to even change the strings on my guitar because of the tremolo system so getting a full set up again for under €20 is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

http://www.gear4music.ie/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Casio-XW-P1-Performance-Synthesizer/INL

http://www.gear4music.ie/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Casio-XW-G1-Groove-Synthesizer/INJ

Seems like a really good deal at €244.09 each. The P1 which can layer six sounds together, and has 9 sliders for drawbar organ sounds. The G1 I am less familiar with, but seems to have plenty of features to work from.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Any Sales kicking off ????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Yeah, I was wondering about the Waltons sale. I think it normally starts in January though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

SVP on Georges St. will have a Squier Telecaster Custom for €50 and a Marshall MG combo going for €20 on the 15th of next month. Pretty great deal, both seem in very good condition (don't have picture of the amp)

1800371_10151895987616526_1884122650_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

3wayswitch wrote: »
    SVP on Georges St. will have a Squier Telecaster Custom for €50 and a Marshall MG combo going for €20 on the 15th of next month. Pretty great deal, both seem in very good condition (don't have picture of the amp)

What wattage is the Marshall do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Passenger wrote: »
    What wattage is the Marshall do you know?

It was a smallish MG series. If I had to guess I'd say it was the MG15DFX 15 watt combo. I'll prob be passing by on Saturday so I'll check then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

3wayswitch wrote: »

Was looking for a tele so rang SVP on George's street and they say they have no guitars

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Big sale starting in the Music Outlet in Swords tomorrow sat - check out their fb page for details. Ive no connection with them just find them good to deal with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Just seen the TC Electronic G-Force on Thomann for €499.

They were €959 for a long time and even went up to €1399 about a year ago.

http://www.thomann.de/ie/tc_electronics_gforce.htm

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

feylya wrote: »

That is not the G-Force 2. That is the cheaper effect rack unit.

There is no G Force 2 yet

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

That is not the G-Force 2. That is the cheaper effect rack unit.

There is no G Force 2 yet

Derp, you are correct. I really should read more better.

feylya wrote: »
    Derp, you are correct. I really should read more better.

Honestly dude, you thought you caught me out there ;)

• Advertisement

Modest savings are to be had in Waltons at the moment. They don't have a banner on their homepage but a number of prices have gone down somewhat.

A lot of them are not as low as they were last year though - the Gibson ES-399 they have is €200 more expensive now, for example.

Advertisement