Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Big sale on in Music Maker tomorrow, a JCM800 in the window for something like €700? I can't remember exactly, but I bet it'll be a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Laney Lionheart 20w head for €300 in X-Music. Apparently down nearly 75% from the RRP of about €1100:

http://www.xmusic.ie/Laney-Lionheart-20W-Head-p-28692.html

Also ex-demo Mesa/Boogie Maverick 2x12" down a grand from RRP to €1750.

http://www.xmusic.ie/Mesa-Boogie-Maverick-212-X-Demo-p-23710.html

And they're running some sort of "flog-your-gear at our store" event in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

big sale on in waltons.

50% off a load of gear.

they select a few mystery instruments, and release them at 50% off every friday of every week from now on. looks very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

They had a Gibson Les Paul Baritone going for €499 this week. When it was new in 2006,it was €1800. Whopper of a deal but its been there since that time and it felt like they never changed the strings. Want it so badly though lo

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

any chance of getting this thread up and running again?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

any chance of getting this thread up and running again?

Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Fender Super Champ XD reduced from €329 to €269 on Thomann

http://www.thomann.de/ie/fender_super_champ_xd.htm

Fantastic amp with decent voicings and effects - the best home use amp out there imo

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Lads,
    I was in Maplins in Blanchardstown this morning and their flyer has the D5 for only €49.99!:eek: An SM58 beater - I use one already, but I paid £50 +delivery from the UK for mine.
    Rarely does Maplins do a bargain so I was ready to stump up the cash for a couple more to find that there were none in store.
    However, if you live in DUNDALK, there are two there for snaffling up. If I was nearer I would make the journey.
    Hope some Boardsies get them.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I´m not going to lie, Richtone´s prices have never struck me as being bargains or even that low...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I´m not going to lie, Richtone´s prices have never struck me as being bargains or even that low...

Those 2 guitars are nicely priced though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Any ideas/suggestions on where to buy a cheap tenor banjo in Dublin? Its for a mate for his birthday we're all chipping together. He plays the guitar and he's said he's always wanted to try one.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

If anybody's interested, Andertons have the Line 6 Vetta II stack for a ridiculously cheap price http://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-amp-heads/pid23949/cid689/line-6-vetta-ii-head-plus-matching-vetta-4x12-celestion-30-cab.asp

£599 as opposed to £1440 for the head alone on Thomann and £570 for the cheaper spider valve cab which also has the V30's.

For that price you could more or less buy it just for the cab and double your money back by selling the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Its been on for a few weeks now, but there is a hell of a sale on in waltons at the moment. Check their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any cheap acoustic guitars available? Purely for a beginner who has never picked one up in his life before so anything at all that would be suitable for learning. I wouldn't know where to look to be honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Peach Guitars have two ex-display Fender Pawn Shop ´51s on sale for around €550 each + shipping.

I seriously think you´d be hard pressed to find a better guitar at that price.

http://www.peachguitars.com/special-offer-guitars/fender-pawn-shop-51-stratocaster-blonde.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Jesus, that's some sale alright.

Anyone checked out the sale in Waltons?

• Advertisement

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Anyone checked out the sale in Waltons?

I was in there today 10% off Gibsons & 20% the odd one like billy joe model
    It didn't seem up & running yet, no prices on anything & staff working of a sales list
    I was looking to get a les paul junior/special or a melody maker special

Is that an extra 10% off the prices on the website?

They told me the website wouldn't be updated until Monday as whoever is in charge of that area is on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭doh777

Any other music instrument sales out there that anyone knows about?

Specifically looking at digital pianos.

Thanks.

I'll probably just go in for a look tomorrow morning. Hopefully they'll be up and running then!

They've updated the prices on the Waltons website. Some of the stuff is quite tempting indeed.

€629 for a standard Flying V.

€708 for an SG Standard.

Anyone got the Musicmaker Sale list yet ??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The music outlet in Swords are offering a full guitar setup- intonation, truss rod adjustment, fret/fretboard clean & oiled and strings for €15. Seems like a bargain to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭simonmln

Gaspode wrote: »
    The music outlet in Swords are offering a full guitar setup- intonation, truss rod adjustment, fret/fretboard clean & oiled and strings for €15. Seems like a bargain to me.

Do you know what store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

simonmln wrote: »
    Do you know what store?

The Music Outlet. ;)

Advertisement