Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here we go again

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

kenmc wrote: »
    cars always wait before turning right to let all the bikes go through the junction.
    happens in Denmark too and is quite lovely. though, in general they don't break/bend as many laws over there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I was knocked down by a cyclist this time last year. I was crossing the road and he was coming the wrong way. I hit the ground hard and he managed to hit me right above my ear (where my dad later told me is the worst place to be hit) and literally couldn't get up for about 30 seconds it was so painful. I smashed open the yoghurt in my bag (grr..!) and had to go home with mild concussion.

He just hopped back on his bike and cycled off! Complete brat- I was totally out of it at the time but what I should have said was: "It's little ****ers like you that give the rest of us a bad name!"

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

taconnol wrote: »
    I was knocked down by a cyclist this time last year. I was crossing the road and he was coming the wrong way. I hit the ground hard and he managed to hit me right above my ear (where my dad later told me is the worst place to be hit) and literally couldn't get up for about 30 seconds it was so painful. I smashed open the yoghurt in my bag (grr..!) and had to go home with mild concussion.

He just hopped back on his bike and cycled off!

I'm had a couple of very near misses with couriers going the wrong way down (up?) Baggot St. In your case the bloke deserved to be beaten to a pulp.

That said, I should know better. I was almost killed in Australia whilst crossing a contra-flow freeway on foot because I made a wrong assumption about the direction of traffic flow and didn't look both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

buffalo wrote: »

Fame and Fortune are mine !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Verb wrote: »

I thought that might be you... congrats, you're now a published author!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Lumen wrote: »
    I'm had a couple of very near misses with couriers going the wrong way down (up?) Baggot St. In your case the bloke deserved to be beaten to a pulp.
    Yeah, I really try to explain to people that couriers can't be grouped in with commuter/sport cyclists. They probably play games with each other to see how many rules of the road they can break in one shift and seem to think they will turn to dust if they put a foot on the ground while waiting at a red-light.
    Good letter Verb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Good man, well done. Had a feeling it was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Thanks! The Irish Times editor was nice, he/she corrected my letter.

Advertisement