Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making money online?

Options
  • 09-11-2008 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

i lads,
    Just wondering who here makes your money online, what do you sell, how long it took you to start making decent business etc..Would be interested in this myself and would like to get peoples thoughts
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Haha, I make a lot of money trading online buy why would I post it up here how I do it!?!?!?! Are you having a laugh!?!?! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

This is something i'm planning to look into over the next while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Haha, I make a lot of money trading online buy why would I post it up here how I do it!?!?!?! Are you having a laugh!?!?! :D:D:D

why would you post when you actually dont want to tell me...STFU & GTFO thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

What a Useful thread.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

I thought it would be useful but Darragh29 ruined it..
    You have any business delllat
    Would love to hear what people have done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

Darragh29 wrote: »

wow, someones in need rectal surgery to remove their head from a trapped position.

My dear old grandmother used to say "If you have nothing good to say, say it to people who think your great and will kiss your ass because you pay them too!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

I sell gym equipment online and make good money doing so. My site is irishlifting.com and started just the end of november last year and since then I have turned over around half a million without any staff!! I am only 26 so I have alot of work in me, I unload containers, pack orders, deliver equipment, do installations, do the accounts and vat returns, keep track of the invoices and answer all the questions that come from the site. I have literally just got back from the rds where I had a stand at the toys for big boys show and also ran a strongman competition on saturday and did a feature on the late late show on friday night. I work every night till about 2ish on the computer and work all day in my warehouse. Expanding is the only bit of business I have struggled with a bit, I know I should have one person in an office answering the phone and replying to emails and another person in the warehouse sending out the orders but finding the right people is very hard and if they leave you are screwed, also I sell 300 different products, some of which are very technical and require really in depth knowledge. Also if I just knuckle down and work hard I will have an extra thousand euros every week to spend/save...

I like to bite off alot so I source the vast majority of my stuff in china and buy direct from the factories so alot of my stuff has my name or logo actually cast into the iron which is building a brand, gives the business extra credibility along with much higher margins by cutting out the middleman. The problems with buying straight from the factory is that there is a long lead time, you have to be careful what you order and learn the trends as you cant order just one pallet if you run out of one product, the minimum is 20 and 40 means even more savings... Also you have to have the cash to pay for it upfront and pay the shipping, vat and duty before you sell any of it.

What I like about selling online is the overheads are low and the commitment is less (not having to have a premises open or staffed from 9-5 7 days ect.)

What I dont like about it is that still only 10-15% of people buy actual products online frequently (not plane or concert tickets) and also there is something great about somebody buying something from you and turning around and walking away, no messing with couriers, delivery times, mistakes or packaging.

In terms of what type of business works where, I think when you are selling online you are basically competing with the rest of the world. If someone has a credit card, is willing to wait two or three days and is in a position receive the product (once it doesn't fit through a postbox) chances are they will wait an extra few days if they can get it for half the price on ebay ect.

I think why my business has worked so well is that I only really compete with other business's in ireland because my product is so big, heavy and cheap. Someone might be able to get a gym from the states for 1200 when I charge 1400 or even 1600, the shipping would be huge and also the chances of a pallet of gym equipment slipping through the customs vat net like the typical ebay "gift" is slim to none.

Also even if you did buy gym equipment in an actual bricks and mortar shop in ireland you would still need to arrange a delivery, have someone there ect. so it is not any more convient than purchasing online.

I also sell small light expensive health supplements and know that bodybuilding.com sell more to ireland than all the irish online retailers put together.

I think internet businesses work well for niche markets because if its a niche chances are shops selling a small niche wouldn't last very long with the overheads... If joe soap cant get it in any shops then even if he is in the 85% of people who dont frequently buy online he will as he cant get it anywhere else. Also if the niche is to small to have a shop selling it in a 20k-30k population town an irish website serving 2 million internet users can still be busy...

I sell heavy real weights, no cheapy multi gyms, no 200 euro treadmills or any home cardio for that matter (even though they have mass market appeal) because for one its rubbish and two argos and elverys do it and have the locations and in the future lidl, aldi and eventually even tesco will sell it and would blow any smaller online guys out of the water. If I open a bricks and mortar location selling gym equipment you find people rather than like on the internet where people find you. If I open a store 9 out of 10 people through the door would want mass market appeal stuff so I would have to sell it or I would just spend all day long turning people away empty handed. Generally aswell shops can afford to be more expensive, take my business as an example if I had a shop with treadmills and they were 600 each and the same treadmill was in argos for 400, I would still sell loads. The only reason is that the people who bought them from me found me first, thats why location is so important, the better the location the more people you find...

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Another fantastic post that I would love to see more of on this forum, thanks Mickk. Thats the sort of post that beginners love to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭redroar1942

Thanks for that Mickk one of the best posts I've read in months.

Your going to have to bit the bullet on staff if you want to keep expanding. I think you know it too. Your saving €1000 per week but how much would extra staff earn you? Just a minor critisim , well done though.

In the words of the worlds biggest sportswear company : "Just do it" .

• Advertisement

Holy ****, half a million turnover that quickly? Jesus Chrsit, fair play. Nice one Mickk! You did that quickly didn't you? Inspirational!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭redroar1942

Had a look at the site. It does highlight the beauty of internet selling. If you find the right product.

Really like that you have your company name cast on the weights. The cars not bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

Excellent post Mick. Gread read. Well done on your success.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Mickk wrote: »
    Great post. Do you travel to China on buying trips or do you manage it from Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gmgindigo

Greetings,

If any of you guys are really interested in making money online, then you gotta have a look at <snip>

Thats what its about. Look these guys up online, they're making serious mula, Matt Bacak, ex-boxer and ex-bankrupt now flys his own planes around and he's only 31, Tom Hua, small Chinese guy made $2m last June in 1 day, Alan Forrest Smith, again ex-hairdresser and ex-landscape gardener now makes millions writing copy.

These guys are coming to the RDS, I believe for one weekend only.

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Oh you believe this to be true do you Gary?

Do you have any affiliation with the site or the seminar being hosted in the RDS?

Gary selling bull**** on the internet is harder than over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

gmgindigo wrote: »
    Greetings,

If any of you guys are really interested in making money online, then you gotta have a look at <snip>

Thats what its about. Look these guys up online, they're making serious mula, Matt Bacak, ex-boxer and ex-bankrupt now flys his own planes around and he's only 31, Tom Hua, small Chinese guy made $2m last June in 1 day, Alan Forrest Smith, again ex-hairdresser and ex-landscape gardener now makes millions writing copy.

These guys are coming to the RDS, I believe for one weekend only.

Gary

lol, just lol

Hammertime wrote: »
    lol, just lol

Yeah seriously, what is he on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

I sell gym equipment online and make good money doing so. My site is irishlifting.com and started just the end of november last year and since then I have turned over around half a million without any staff!! I am only 26 so I have alot of work in me, I unload containers, pack orders, deliver equipment, do installations, do the accounts and vat returns, keep track of the invoices and answer all the questions that come from the site. I have literally just got back from the rds where I had a stand at the toys for big boys show and also ran a strongman competition on saturday and did a feature on the late late show on friday night. I work every night till about 2ish on the computer and work all day in my warehouse. Expanding is the only bit of business I have struggled with a bit, I know I should have one person in an office answering the phone and replying to emails and another person in the warehouse sending out the orders but finding the right people is very hard and if they leave you are screwed, also I sell 300 different products, some of which are very technical and require really in depth knowledge. Also if I just knuckle down and work hard I will have an extra thousand euros every week to spend/save...

I like to bite off alot so I source the vast majority of my stuff in china and buy direct from the factories so alot of my stuff has my name or logo actually cast into the iron which is building a brand, gives the business extra credibility along with much higher margins by cutting out the middleman. The problems with buying straight from the factory is that there is a long lead time, you have to be careful what you order and learn the trends as you cant order just one pallet if you run out of one product, the minimum is 20 and 40 means even more savings... Also you have to have the cash to pay for it upfront and pay the shipping, vat and duty before you sell any of it.

What I like about selling online is the overheads are low and the commitment is less (not having to have a premises open or staffed from 9-5 7 days ect.)

What I dont like about it is that still only 10-15% of people buy actual products online frequently (not plane or concert tickets) and also there is something great about somebody buying something from you and turning around and walking away, no messing with couriers, delivery times, mistakes or packaging.

In terms of what type of business works where, I think when you are selling online you are basically competing with the rest of the world. If someone has a credit card, is willing to wait two or three days and is in a position receive the product (once it doesn't fit through a postbox) chances are they will wait an extra few days if they can get it for half the price on ebay ect.

I think why my business has worked so well is that I only really compete with other business's in ireland because my product is so big, heavy and cheap. Someone might be able to get a gym from the states for 1200 when I charge 1400 or even 1600, the shipping would be huge and also the chances of a pallet of gym equipment slipping through the customs vat net like the typical ebay "gift" is slim to none.

Also even if you did buy gym equipment in an actual bricks and mortar shop in ireland you would still need to arrange a delivery, have someone there ect. so it is not any more convient than purchasing online.

I also sell small light expensive health supplements and know that bodybuilding.com sell more to ireland than all the irish online retailers put together.

I think internet businesses work well for niche markets because if its a niche chances are shops selling a small niche wouldn't last very long with the overheads... If joe soap cant get it in any shops then even if he is in the 85% of people who dont frequently buy online he will as he cant get it anywhere else. Also if the niche is to small to have a shop selling it in a 20k-30k population town an irish website serving 2 million internet users can still be busy...

I sell heavy real weights, no cheapy multi gyms, no 200 euro treadmills or any home cardio for that matter (even though they have mass market appeal) because for one its rubbish and two argos and elverys do it and have the locations and in the future lidl, aldi and eventually even tesco will sell it and would blow any smaller online guys out of the water. If I open a bricks and mortar location selling gym equipment you find people rather than like on the internet where people find you. If I open a store 9 out of 10 people through the door would want mass market appeal stuff so I would have to sell it or I would just spend all day long turning people away empty handed. Generally aswell shops can afford to be more expensive, take my business as an example if I had a shop with treadmills and they were 600 each and the same treadmill was in argos for 400, I would still sell loads. The only reason is that the people who bought them from me found me first, thats why location is so important, the better the location the more people you find...
    +1 and great service on anything that I have bough from your site too, would return again before going to another site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Great post mick can i ask what payment company you use and why if you have the time to explain that one thanks in advance

Thanks for that Mickk one of the best posts I've read in months.

Your going to have to bit the bullet on staff if you want to keep expanding. I think you know it too. Your saving €1000 per week but how much would extra staff earn you? Just a minor critisim , well done though.

In the words of the worlds biggest sportswear company : "Just do it"

Had a look at the site. It does highlight the beauty of internet selling. If you find the right product.

Really like that you have your company name cast on the weights. The cars not bad either.

Yea if I had a skills/services based company or even just sourced the products locally I would go ahead and expand now, the problem is that I get it all in china, so as it stands now, it takes them 6-8 weeks to manufacture the order with half (often around 40k) paid before production starts and then the other half when its completed (still 5 weeks away plus customs) then pay the vat, duty and shipping before I get the stuff.

I started in a lockup around 50 sq m while the website was taking longer than expected to get finished (and while elavon completely ****ed me around on the merchant account) and started selling through classifieds ect. in july last year.
    I moved into a 100sq m warehouse with pallet racking for 100 pallets in november last year to coincide with the site finally going live and due to the demand had to move to a 250 sq m warehouse this january, it has 230 pallet spaces. Its a slow process to build up to a point where I have enough cash in the bank and also have the room and demand to fill a container and then wait three months for it! Its sort of a catch 22, basically if I did have the two extra staff I would do a higher turnover but I dont think with the 3 month delay and financial circumstances I could fulfill all the extra orders. I am sort of just going to let the dust settle and learn the buying trends a bit more before I do take the plunge and expand with more staff and proper advertising...

It also doesn't help the cashflow that I bought another silly car (in late june just before the vrt went up) to go with the one on the site :D

Funny you mention "just do it", in the late 80's nike had a 18% market share while reebok had around 40-50% share. Recession struck in 88 and america was in a bad way (so I heard!) while reebok decided to do like most, hold off on expansion, make cuts ect. nike decided to press on, they spent massive amounts on marketing and advertising campaigns (thats when "just do it" was first coined), they came out of the recession with a 45% market share while reebok was down to ~20% and has never recovered. The recession is a great time to expand because you get everything so much cheaper than for example during the celtic tiger, advertising, rents (thankfully these days key money is nearly a thing of the past), shop fits, builders actually ring you back and quote fairly ect.

I am tempted to open a few bricks and mortar shops, I always keep an eye on commercial properties availability and price and a few lately have really tempted me. At the moment with all the doom and gloom and alot of businesses going out of business there are some amazing deals to be had, the rent will be fixed for 5 years and when its reviewed you are in a strong negotiating point. If you can make money now, when things go mad again you can be in position to make a mint...

The thing that really interests me is how the business world is evolving with the internet and where does a website fit into a bricks and mortar business. What some would consider as my competition in the health foods business is a perfect example of this, he has three shops and last year developed a website. I'd imagine his dilemma was to either build a brand by having the site and stores the same or have a competitive website (with website prices) but with a different name to his shops. He went with the same name and started with the prices the same as in his stops but was getting killed by mine and other sites being 30-40% cheaper. His response was to drop his online prices down to the competition but with the same branding as the shops which are 40% more expensive... I personally think it's crazy, for the sake of the 10-15% of population who buy online he is ostracising 99% of his customers (the ones who buy in his shops). Just because people generally dont buy online, the vast majority (especially the 18-30 male cross section that is his typical customer) do go online and would be aware of the price difference. It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth, knowing that the same bloke is selling the stuff online for much less and he is also paying for shipping as he gives free delivery on any online orders...

I don't want to harp on too much about this but a recent little twist is that he is now selling franchises for his shops, he has sold one and I think it is opening soon, if you had bought a franchise and the franchise owner was undercutting you online while you, by having his name over your door and then having people checking the site online for your opening hours/phone number ect., are advertising for him! Its nuts, anyway there is a point in here somewhere, I would see the purpose of a website for him to advertise the fact that he has these locations. The funny thing is that (i would imagine I don't actually know) since he has had the website up I'd say the biggest change will have been not online sales but an increase of sales in his shops, having an online presence builds awareness of your locations aswell. People browse online alot and research stuff, especially when they are killing time in work, and would check out all the products and decide what they are going to go in and buy... Also inversely he would still get sales at full price on the site by people finding his locations and then searching the for the shops website directly. Obviously he would lose the sales of people who search for general terms rather than his shop name and find the cheaper online only competition...

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Great post. Do you travel to China on buying trips or do you manage it from Ireland?

No never been don't even have a passport...

fmcc wrote: »
    Great post mick can i ask what payment company you use and why if you have the time to explain that one thanks in advance

Realex credit cards and paypal just to offer choice to customers, not massive difference between them all I think just .1 or .2 of a percent I didn't really put too much thought into why one over another sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Great stuff Mickk, really interesting read.

Can I ask how it all started off? Did you just go to the bank with a business plan etc? Google manufacturers to source your product from china?

thanks in advance.

shoutman wrote: »
    Great stuff Mickk, really interesting read.

Can I ask how it all started off? Did you just go to the bank with a business plan etc? Google manufacturers to source your product from china?

thanks in advance.

Yea I was just working as a doorman at night and had a small bodybuilders gym and couldn't find any where to buy decent heavy duty equipment. There was no middleground between the cheap stuff in argos which wouldn't be strong enough and the full commercial stuff sold into the likes of total fitness or westwood which is like 6k a piece... I dont drink or smoke so saved a bit as a doorman, it can pay surprisingly well you know, I was on 18/hour a couple of years ago and getting 40 hours a week!

Bank knocked me back on a loan initially but got it when I went again for a lesser amount.

Mickk, how do you deal with Quality Control in China? Do you use an agent or did you just find it on a site like alibaba?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Yea if I had a skills/services based company or even just sourced the products locally I would go ahead and expand now, the problem is that I get it all in china, so as it stands now, it takes them 6-8 weeks to manufacture the order with half (often around 40k) paid before production starts and then the other half when its completed (still 5 weeks away plus customs) then pay the vat, duty and shipping before I get the stuff.

I started in a lockup around 50 sq m while the website was taking longer than expected to get finished (and while elavon completely ****ed me around on the merchant account) and started selling through classifieds ect. in july last year.
    I moved into a 100sq m warehouse with pallet racking for 100 pallets in november last year to coincide with the site finally going live and due to the demand had to move to a 250 sq m warehouse this january, it has 230 pallet spaces. Its a slow process to build up to a point where I have enough cash in the bank and also have the room and demand to fill a container and then wait three months for it! Its sort of a catch 22, basically if I did have the two extra staff I would do a higher turnover but I dont think with the 3 month delay and financial circumstances I could fulfill all the extra orders. I am sort of just going to let the dust settle and learn the buying trends a bit more before I do take the plunge and expand with more staff and proper advertising...

It also doesn't help the cashflow that I bought another silly car (in late june just before the vrt went up) to go with the one on the site :D

Funny you mention "just do it", in the late 80's nike had a 18% market share while reebok had around 40-50% share. Recession struck in 88 and america was in a bad way (so I heard!) while reebok decided to do like most, hold off on expansion, make cuts ect. nike decided to press on, they spent massive amounts on marketing and advertising campaigns (thats when "just do it" was first coined), they came out of the recession with a 45% market share while reebok was down to ~20% and has never recovered. The recession is a great time to expand because you get everything so much cheaper than for example during the celtic tiger, advertising, rents (thankfully these days key money is nearly a thing of the past), shop fits, builders actually ring you back and quote fairly ect.

I am tempted to open a few bricks and mortar shops, I always keep an eye on commercial properties availability and price and a few lately have really tempted me. At the moment with all the doom and gloom and alot of businesses going out of business there are some amazing deals to be had, the rent will be fixed for 5 years and when its reviewed you are in a strong negotiating point. If you can make money now, when things go mad again you can be in position to make a mint...

The thing that really interests me is how the business world is evolving with the internet and where does a website fit into a bricks and mortar business. What some would consider as my competition in the health foods business is a perfect example of this, he has three shops and last year developed a website. I'd imagine his dilemma was to either build a brand by having the site and stores the same or have a competitive website (with website prices) but with a different name to his shops. He went with the same name and started with the prices the same as in his stops but was getting killed by mine and other sites being 30-40% cheaper. His response was to drop his online prices down to the competition but with the same branding as the shops which are 40% more expensive... I personally think it's crazy, for the sake of the 10-15% of population who buy online he is ostracising 99% of his customers (the ones who buy in his shops). Just because people generally dont buy online, the vast majority (especially the 18-30 male cross section that is his typical customer) do go online and would be aware of the price difference. It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth, knowing that the same bloke is selling the stuff online for much less and he is also paying for shipping as he gives free delivery on any online orders...

I don't want to harp on too much about this but a recent little twist is that he is now selling franchises for his shops, he has sold one and I think it is opening soon, if you had bought a franchise and the franchise owner was undercutting you online while you, by having his name over your door and then having people checking the site online for your opening hours/phone number ect., are advertising for him! Its nuts, anyway there is a point in here somewhere, I would see the purpose of a website for him to advertise the fact that he has these locations. The funny thing is that (i would imagine I don't actually know) since he has had the website up I'd say the biggest change will have been not online sales but an increase of sales in his shops, having an online presence builds awareness of your locations aswell. People browse online alot and research stuff, especially when they are killing time in work, and would check out all the products and decide what they are going to go in and buy... Also inversely he would still get sales at full price on the site by people finding his locations and then searching the for the shops website directly. Obviously he would lose the sales of people who search for general terms rather than his shop name and find the cheaper online only competition...

Good few posts there Mickk. Would you believe that I saw one of your vehicles pass through Ranelagh today and being a hummer :D it did catch my eye.

I think you have a good idea of how business works from what you have said above. You have to be commended for reaching a T/O of 500k to date.

Few points:-

Your point regarding "bricks and clicks" - I feel that both should complement each other. One only has to look back at the Dotcom bubble in 2001 to understand the value of having a bricks strategy. The internet is just another sales / distribution channel, abeit becoming a more important and focused one since the days of the Dotcom bubble.

You are right to be investigating the "bricks" avenue to further expand your business. However my feeling would be that perhaps a retail showroom of somesort (attached to your premises) could be a good testing ground for to develop concepts and continue to create brand awareness. I also think if you are to go down the bricks avenue, you will have to rebrand to something a little more generic (especially if you have thoughts of going to the UK - I'm afraid the brits might not be too enamoured with Irish Lifting :)).

Few other points: -
    Yep, we're facing into a recession and yes it's a great time to get into the right business. However it's important to stay focused on costs. Running two cars (I would feel) is an unnecessary expense. Having a hummer is a good marketing tool (an expensive one may I add) but is two cars necessary? A van or a small truck might be of more use to you. Also, a 3 months lead time on stock sounds like madness (in terms of cash flow etc), however I do appreciate that the stuff it coming from China. Can this be negotiated?

I see you have a gym. How are you using the gym to market the website? Have you a website for the Gym?

At the moment you're pretty much a one man band. You need to employ a few people before you run yourself into the ground. I acknowledge that it's desperately hard to find reliable staff but the entrapreneur who tries to do everything himself / herself will get it very hard to succeed in the long run. You have to be able to trust other folk (within reason) to do a job for you. Having built up the T/O you now need to be focusing on strategy and the systems that will allow your business to expand.

Finally, I think you have the basis for a very good business and certainly a business that could go very far with the right people on board.

Hmm it is what intrigues me, is the internet an extra revenue stream or the revenue stream. To be competitive online you need to be cheaper than the high street and I just dont see them really working together. Either use it as a marketing tool to add some sales to your existing or really compete online and make it work as an independent business. If I were to open a few shops I would not call them irish lifting and I would have to change my product line significantly, its a completely different business model. The reasoning behind the name was that I liked .coms much more than .ie and its obvious instantly where I am based, when looking for heavy gym equipment its the most important thing...

I actually read up about adwords alot and ran a campaign for two months last nov-dec but couldn't keep up with the demand! I will be in position in jan this year to advertise properly and I will have a warehouse full of 230 pallets of stock.

As for the cars its just my thing, I dont drink or smoke and I work damn hard so I can afford the expense, its what keeps me going and what I work for. Even the car I bought in july was a product of the recession over in the uk, I negotiated nearly 20k off the asking price of the car because I knew they were pretty desperate to sell and I got it in just before the goverment slapped on another 8k vrt! The way I look at it is you only live once, you will only look back and regret it if its what you really wanted.

I am selling the gym as I need to spend 100% of my time on this, the gym was always a hobby and still my passion but a small hardcore gym is not meant to make big money and I never intended it to, the problem is that people buy memberships from you but they actually come back and use it! If you were to get rid of any heavy weights and "hardcore stuff" and have a nice fluffy fitness centre with jacuzzi's and gold leaf ceilings then the only people who would join are the good intentions and new years resolution crowd who only last a few days :D

The times from china cant be helped, I could buy from a middleman in the uk which would save a load of time and financial commitment upfront but wheres the fun in that, if i can juggle the stock needed and move the volume needed to make it viable to buy direct from china then why bother with a middle man, there is alot more money to be made if you can make the direct route work...

• Advertisement

Mickk, how do you deal with Quality Control in China? Do you use an agent or did you just find it on a site like alibaba?

Yea alibaba, again its the beauty of my products. How wrong can you go in pouring iron into a cast and then painting it? I would never dream of buying anything like treadmills or anything technical over there, the chinese are a nightmare for making promises they have no hope or intention of doing, they are basically yes people. I think the they took the phrase the customer is always right too literally and just agree with whatever you say...
    Even for the more technical weights machines I buy them from the states to be safe.

Advertisement