Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Spin Saturday November 8th

Options
  • 07-11-2008 2:19pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone up for one? Weather doesn't look fantastic, but maybe better than two weeks ago. 9am beneath the Luas bridge in Dundrum?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

nah, 9am at the trailhead in ballyhoura! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Brother's 30 today, so I'm up in the sticks tonight doing celebratory-things.... won''t be back in time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

in... hopefully. 9am, christ

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

blorg wrote: »
    9am, christ

I refer you to this post.

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    I refer you to this post.

Nothing to do with that, it's just that Blorg doesn't know how to be on time for anything! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

the beeb say: 11°C
    15.gif

but Joe Bastardi, he say: 11°C
    06.gif

and the wind people, them say:
    superforecast_uk_ireland34.png

so, eh, i'm in, i suppose.

:)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

niceonetom wrote: »
    so, eh, i'm in, i suppose.

Another morning under the blankets in Enniskerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

can we make it 9.20 or so I want to pop in to Joe Dalys??

Another morning under the blankets in Enniskerry?

Do not underestimate the power of the blankies @ Enniskerry coffee stop!!! That will keep us all going this winter and YOU KNOW IT!

• Advertisement

Do not underestimate the power of the blankies @ Enniskerry coffee stop!!! That will keep us all going this winter and YOU KNOW IT!

I'm not. I'm quite fond of them already.

barrabus wrote: »

If the others are alright I don't mind pushign it out to 9:20. You never know, blorg might have his breakfast finished by then.

If the others are alright I don't mind pushign it out to 9:20. You never know, blorg might have his breakfast finished by then.

I am ok with it, anyway, we usually hang out a bit before leaving.

Don't tell him you've changed the time, and you have a slight chance of him making 9.20! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

barrabus wrote: »

i've no objection to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I fancy coming along (subject to dumping the kids with SWMBO) but can't yet do much more than 2hrs on a bike due to my pathetically weak back.

Since Dundrum is about an hour by bike, this means (very shamefully) I'd need to drive to Dundrum and leave the car there. Is the shopping centre car park open that early? Any good alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Lumen wrote: »
    I fancy coming along (subject to dumping the kids with SWMBO) but can't yet do much more than 2hrs on a bike due to my pathetically weak back.

Since Dundrum is about an hour by bike, this means (very shamefully) I'd need to drive to Dundrum and leave the car there. Is the shopping centre car park open that early? Any good alternatives?

There's plenty of random estates around with free parking.

What's SWMBO?

There's plenty of random estates around with free parking.

What's SWMBO?

Cool, ta. She Who Must Be Obeyed.

I'd say the shopping centre carpark is open at nine at the latest, but as aidan says, there's loads of estates around where you could park and a car park at the old shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Lumen,you could park in UCD. No shortage, relatively safe and only about 5-10 mins from Dundrum.

9:20 it is. I was gonna pop into Joe Daly's too, wanna ask how much it would cost to chop my head tube a bit.

Has a route been mentioned yet or did I miss that? I wouldn't mind getting back in time to see Arsenal (K.O. 12:45) so that gives me a 3 hour cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

i think even the old dundrum shopping centre has clamping notices so an estate is a safer bet ..

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Has a route been mentioned yet or did I miss that?

Not yet. I think it might be safter to decide in the morning as its hard to tell just what the weather's going to be like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

I'll be going out to Clontarf for the Promenade live art event. Should be pretty cool, starts at 12pm.

Húrin wrote: »
    I'll be going out to Clontarf for the Promenade live art event. Should be pretty cool, starts at 12pm.

"Out Of Site was set up by Michelle Browne in 2006 to bring about the creation of new performative work"

Another great word to add to the list acquired from boards. Doesn't beat squoval though. :)

Húrin wrote: »

Promenade?! I think you're on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I am looking unlikely, may try to catch up with Orwell on Sunday. Suspect I will be out tomorrow but not at 9am... or even 9:20. In the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Nice spin today, good to meet Lumen.

I somehow reset my computer, could someone post some stats of time/distance, cheers!

105km
    1 bag of salt & vinegar crisps
    1 croissant
    1 big cookie
    5 cups of tea

for me ... that's all the stats I've got... tummy feels funny ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

meet one of ye at the lights at the bridge as i was heading out with Belpark (about 9.10). got 90km in myself @ 27km. thank god the heavens didnt open while out. not so nice now!!!

• Advertisement

Great to meet you all.

Only about 67km in total for me. Getting back to Dundrum was sloooow - I was running on empty.

Today I learned that descending is fantastic, and ascending is....necessary.

Advertisement